Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With chelsea destroying bayern in the first leg of the CL, can any team really stop them from becoming champions. Is milan the only inform CL team that can put an end to the boys in blue? If not who do you think will win the CL?

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Bayern are shîte and still managed to scrounge two away goals. If Man City and Newcastle can beat them, I suppose there's an outside chance that Milan or PSV might.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
yes, arsenal are going to trash them at the bridge.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
dubh-ban said:
Bayern are shîte and still managed to scrounge two away goals. If Man City and Newcastle can beat them, I suppose there's an outside chance that Milan or PSV might.
Bayern lacked their three first choice strikers and still scored twice. you also got it backwards, there is a outside chance Chelsea may beat Milan. :D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Yeah, if anyone can, it would be Milan.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
a team that can win balls in the air might have done tonight, the second half it was pure Wimbledon with Drogba playing like Fashanu used to, good defenders should be able to deal with approach easily.

Lampards 2nd goals was a touch of class though.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
The game was one of the worst quality games I've seen this year. It was like a League 2 game, was the ball ever out of the air?
I also found it funny when Andy Gray blamed Johnson for the goal they scored, when it was quite clearly Terry who was slow to get out the box. Then again Terry isn't allowed to be criticised is he? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
The game was one of the worst quality games I've seen this year. It was like a League 2 game, was the ball ever out of the air?
I also found it funny when Andy Gray blamed Johnson for the goal they scored, when it was quite clearly Terry who was slow to get out the box. Then again Terry isn't allowed to be criticised is he? :rolleyes:

Most of teams played Chelsea this year played like "Leaugue 2" when facing Chelsea. I guess Chelsea know how to make their opponents play bad. :)

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Chelsea play long ball tactics more than 1/2 the time as well. I don't see the big deal with them really. They have a strong defence and that's what carries them. Otherwise they would have troubles against almost any side.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think Milan, Juventus, or possibly even PSV could stop Chelsea. The latter is scary, however you saw their weaknesses tonight. Bayern were even missing their top three forwards and still managed to score. Not to mention Juve beat Bayern both home and away..

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Weaknesses?

What? A lucky rebound goal after a mistake from Cech and a non existant penalty?

Okay.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Weaknesses?

What? A lucky rebound goal after a mistake from Cech and a non existant penalty?

Okay.
Pssst... Juve. Cheating against you is your weakness. Watch out. :pp

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Weaknesses?

Okay.
Come off it Wacko, Bayern looked pathetic on the night. Kovac and Lucio played like dumb and dumber at the back, while Guerrero was basically nonexistent, playing only because their top three forwards were out with injury.

And don't talk about luck after Cole's goal started it off. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Glen Johnson is a weakness, i am sure Marc will agree :D
Almost setup a goal with his awesome throws, what a player. :D DId you see how he distracted the players by falling over... they didn't know what to do. Ingenius play.

I will admit his defence has gone to crap this season under Mourinho, he was great under Ranieri (and before)... which is weird considering how well the defence has improved. He is young and obviously confidence has lost him. But considering you love Cole when his defencive game used to make Johnson look like the best around. Well it says things change, he is now probably the second best leftback now that he has added defence to his game. So give it time. ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
Almost setup a goal with his awesome throws, what a player. :D DId you see how he distracted the players by falling over... they didn't know what to do. Ingenius play.

I will admit his defence has gone to crap this season under Mourinho, he was great under Ranieri (and before)... which is weird considering how well the defence has improved. He is young and obviously confidence has lost him. But considering you love Cole when his defencive game used to make Johnson look like the best around. Well it says things change, he is now probably the second best leftback now that he has added defence to his game. So give it time. ;)

Marc, maybe you've just been watching him more closely since i pointed it out, he was horrible last year as well :D

and Ashley Cole was never as disaster prone as Johnson ever, and also offered so much more as a footballer going forward, Johnson is just a dud that's all, i bet Mourinho buys another cover for RB in the summer.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts