Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The English media think no one will stop England in the next world cup. For the first time in years I think they might be right. It's scarry to think of guys like Terry, Sol, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole, A.Cole, Rooney, Becks, Owen all playing in one team. This is the best English NT ever.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Green One said:
I cannot believe you listed Becks. And why have you only got 2 black players in there? Are YOU racist or something papa?
I can't believe you forgot to put "The Green :rollani:ne" at the end of your post

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
papa said:
The English media think no one will stop England in the next world cup. For the first time in years I think they might be right. It's scarry to think of guys like Terry, Sol, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole, A.Cole, Rooney, Becks, Owen all playing in one team. This is the best English NT ever.
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Well, we're not their yet & the media are already acting as if we qualified already, pisses me off, even Sven is already acting as if we're guaranteed qualification to Germany.

And regarding your question, yes, I think England can be stopped, we are not world beaters (yet ;)) and I doubt we will be, our qualifying group is relatively easy, that is why we are doing fine (apart from the Austria game). There are teams capable of beating us, Brazil, Argentina, Spain & Holland are some I think are on a similar level or better (Argentina at the moment in particular)

I remember at the last WC, our squad if injury-free was pretty good, but several injuries hit the squad, Gerrard, Dyer, Beckham wasn't fully fit (as if he's making any difference when he's fit these days), Hargreaves got injured in the Argentina game & I think Owen was carrying an injury. Nevertheless, my point is that we'd probably have some of our players injured prior to the WC & that will affect our chances.

Last thing, with Sven managing England, our chances aren't that impressive

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm sure some of the Brazilian fans around here will have a view on this, so I'll save them the effort and have a guess at what they'd probably say :rollani: :yuck: ;)

------------------------------------

Brazil can stop anyone or anything. :strong: :proud:

nobody can match their quality. it's pointless for England (or anyone else) to even show up at the next World Cup. They're not good enough and quite simply they don't have the quality to match it with the might of the Brazilian National Team. :star:

In fact, all the big Brazilian stars could even go on holiday in the Bavarian Alps during the tournament, and Brazil's Under 17 womens team would still win the trophy.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if we still had Gascoigne playing i'd be confident, that is what we lack, a real midfielder of invention and class, Gerrard and Lampard are good at what they do but they don't have that X-Factor.

oh and of course SWP for Beckham would improve our chances 200%

having said that anyone can win a tournament with a bit of luck and some good individual moments.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Although I think England have a good chance, I still dont think we will do it - I agree with Jern, we lack a real creative midfielder in the center, without one England are a bit too predictable.

To all the Brazilian posters on here - Ive always been a big fan of the Brazil NT but the arrogance and big headedness of these posters on here makes me want to see Brazil fail badly just to shut them up and if England can do it - even better!!!

And they call us arrogant and ignorant! :rolleyes:

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
If Robinson, Green, Neville, G Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, King, Sol, Ash, Bridge, Lamps, Gerrard, Joe, SWP, Becks, Jenas, Downing, Dyer, Owen, Rooney, Defoe and A Johnson is the squad then write us off at your peril.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Heh, that's a good call for us actually. Bring him on in the 117th minute every time. Guaranteed goal in the shoot out.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
They're thinking of attatching a probe to the ball next time he lines up for a pen. I was shitting it when he went down against Azerbaijan, as I thought it could be a penalty

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Vagabondo said:
like Beckham can get that much on a penalty. he's lucky if he can even clear the hoardings :D
Beckham should have imagined the goal being a wall......he would have hit it then!!!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Jose already contributed in the Left side, Centre, Centre Back. Very soon... he will contribute the Right side in SWP. Sven will have to thank him again...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes let's all thank Mourinho, we would never have hear of Lampard, Terry and J.Cole if it hadn't been for him. :rollani:

1 - 20 of 331 Posts