Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even the 'mightly' Barcelona can beat them. Are there any teams left in this world that can stop Chelsea's progress in the Champions League? Maybe AC Milan can defeat them? :eekani:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
FFS, the lost by the odd goal in 9, it's not as though they didn't get a look in. Anyone that's left in the competition (except maybe Liverpool, Leverkusen and PSV) has a reasonable chance of beating them.

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
i do have a little idea on the question, but maybe it's too soon to talk about. we will see:)

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I actually think Chelsea is one of the most beatable out of those who have already qualified (Milan, Lyon). For one thing their defence is very porous.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
dubh-ban said:
FFS, the lost by the odd goal in 9, it's not as though they didn't get a look in. Anyone that's left in the competition (except maybe Liverpool, Leverkusen and PSV) has a reasonable chance of beating them.
Exactly!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
I actually think Chelsea is one of the most beatable out of those who have already qualified (Milan, Lyon). For one thing their defence is very porous.
Well, you might be stretching a point there, they've conceded a total of NINE goals in the entire Premiership so far.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Chelsea is a very compact squad but far from being unbeatable. Milan has more experience and should be with Real (if they get through) the favourite for the CL!
And remember that in a single game anything can happen!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Of course Chelsea can be stopped, they were lucky to beat Liverpool in the league cup final and they were lucky to beat Barcelona.
A good team keeping concentration throughout the entire clash can beat Chelsea.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
chelsea is a strong team at the moment but they r not strongest offcourse they r beatable teams like milan can beat them ,

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
dubh-ban said:
Well, you might be stretching a point there, they've conceded a total of NINE goals in the entire Premiership so far.
The Permiership? It's not a collection of the best attackers the world has to offer, considering they play the likes of Portsmouth and Norwich week in week out..

·
Registered
66,967 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
The Permiership? It's not a collection of the best attackers the world has to offer, considering they play the likes of Portsmouth and Norwich week in week out..

right man, and i suppose playing the likes of Atalanta and Livorno is an upgrade. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
NINE goals in 28 matches. That's fewer than Bremen conceded in one match (on aggregate). Even if your comment about the Premiership's strikers were remotely true, there's absolutely no justification for calling their defence porous. That's like calling someone who's never committed a crime a serial killer because they live in a quiet neighborhood.
You seem to be someone who just makes up stuff and convince himself that it's true. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Of course they can, knockout football any team left can knock them out, there is no such thing as an unbeatable team in football because one time or another they are going to get beaten.

Chelsea had a fair bit of luck against Barca and it may have ran out.

·
Registered
66,967 Posts
I agree that against a Milan or Juve, Chelsea will struggle because the two Italian sides are so different from Barca and are so tactically sound in their style of play. However, i would favour Chelsea againt the remaining sides left.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's too early to read too much into yesterday's result. Barcelona's defending was scandalous. Chelsea is good, but let's wait until they play a team which doesn't panic when it has to play on the retreat and can defend the set pieces, before we decide how good they are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Milan with Shevchenko is a better team...

Let's hope he comes back

Ivan

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
No-one is invincible.

Well, except Devastator. :strong:

A team with a better defence than ours could beat then, our style effectively played right into Chelsea's hands, they are powerful, organised, counter attack very well and pack the middle of the defence, something that frustrates teams like us. A team like Milan or Juve wouldn't play like us, and a tie with these sort of teams might come down to a single goal across both games, such would be the defensive might involved.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
Man I hate italian teams, they are soooo booooring. juve, inter, A.C, I hope they get knocked out. They really kill the magic of the CL :frustrat:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts