Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AFCON 2015

SEMI FINALS

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Malabo, 20:00 CET

GHANA 3-0 EQUATORIAL GUINEA
(Jordan Ayew 42' pen., Wakaso 45'+2', Andre Ayew 75')

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Ghana to win unless eq guinea get a bit more help from the officials...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
About to kick off, can't see past the Ghanaians, which would leave to heavyweight final with Ivory Coast.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Penalty to Ghana

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Jordan Ayew converts the penalty, deserved lead for Ghana they've had all the play, goal was coming.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
It's "cute" how the EQG players have been all over the red today with their protests considering how they got into the semis :yawn:

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
I wonder how cynical the hosts get in the second half. No chance they come back in this game so they will try to annoy the Ghanaian players

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
2-0 at half time = all over for me, can't see eq guinea getting back into this.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Did Eq. Guinea get a red right after that first goal? That's what the French commentator was saying on my stream I believe.

Ghana in total control either way, this is done.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
No just a yellow card.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't get all this fuss about that last minute penalty call that gave the equalizer to Equatorial Guinea against Tunisia. It's not like that was the decision that gave them passage to the semis by itself. That allowed them to play 30' of extra time and during that period they were better, they scored a great goal and they won the match. Tunisia had 30' to prove they deserved to go through and they failed.

Needless to say that it is never good to see the home nation in an international tournament getting an extra help from the refs but how many times did that happen in international tournaments?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3-0 to Ghana at 75' thanks to some great work by Kwesi Appiah assisting Andre Ayew. Game over.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
It really doesn't happen at the Euros, ok the past Euro hosts haven't been the best teams but I don't remember the hosts getting a "push" from referees like at other tournaments

Maybe Greece's red card against Poland in the Euro 2012 opener

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The match is suspended at 82' because apparently the Ghana supporters had to flee from their places into the area behind one of the goals to escape being attacked by the local fans.

That's what happens when money talks over football.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really doesn't happen at the Euros, ok the past Euro hosts haven't been the best teams but I don't remember the hosts getting a "push" from referees like at other tournaments

Maybe Greece's red card against Poland in the Euro 2012 opener
No, we all know Euros are superior to anybody else in the world.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts