Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
68,853 Posts
Ivory Coast didn't concede a goal the entire tournament but fail to win it, probably the first time this has happened? I know in the 2006 World Cup Switzerland were eliminated without conceding, but they fell in the Round of 16

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Chris Katongo deservedly wins the Player of the Tournament trophy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Ivory Coast could have won this final, no doubt about that but Zambia had just a tad more will to win it. I don't think it was a case of choking.

·
Registered
68,853 Posts
Herve Renard btw is the #1 candidate for the Senegal vacancy, he already left Zambia high and dry two years ago to take the Angola job. He will probably do it again, Zambia have a tough WC qualifying group

Ghana will make their decision on Goran Stevanovic in two weeks time. The fact that there is a tournament right away in a year's time is probably saving a lot of coaches, African teams are usually quick to pull the trigger

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Herve Renard btw is the #1 candidate for the Senegal vacancy, he already left Zambia high and dry two years ago to take the Angola job. He will probably do it again, Zambia have a tough WC qualifying group
Two years ago he didn't win the ACN. Let's wait and see.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,645 Posts
What a racist trophy presentation. I'm sure Calcio# will agree.

Portraying Africans as superstitious, tribal village idiots. :thmbdown:

Congrats to Zambia though, awesome performance! :proud:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
What a racist trophy presentation. I'm sure Calcio# will agree.

Portraying Africans as superstitious, tribal village idiots. :thmbdown:

Congrats to Zambia though, awesome performance! :proud:
The group that brought the trophy was a folk dance group from Gabon, what was racist about it? :confused:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Zambia does it!!!:thumbsup::proud:, this has to be one of the happiest sporting moment's of my life. This is in honour for the 30 victim's that perished almost 20 year's ago...I'am so proud of you Zambia and the Chipolopolo:thumbsup::proud:

·
Registered
68,853 Posts
it will be tough, Zambia have Ghana in their World Cup qualifying group. Plus there is Sudan which won't be an easy match, especially away from home

The teams who came out with a good group are South Africa, Gabon and despite their ACN disappointment Senegal got a kind group.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
it will be tough, Zambia have Ghana in their World Cup qualifying group. Plus there is Sudan which won't be an easy match, especially away from home

The teams who came out with a good group are South Africa, Gabon and despite their ACN disappointment Senegal got a kind group.
It's interesting that even after Zambia deservedly won the tournament people keep underestimating them. I am sure they will be quite happy with it.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Brilliant final, really enjoyed it, a bit harsh for CIV to end as runner-up without conceding any goal during the whole tournament, but that doesn't mean I'm less happy for Zambia, lovely performance and very well done they didn't forget the 1993 disaster.

Well deserved! :thumbsup:

(credits to you Felipe, for predicting this, I didn't see it coming)

141 - 160 of 161 Posts