Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giuseppe Favalli. Joined Lazio in 1992 from Cremonese , played 323 games, scored 5 goals. Never sold a game, never spat on the shirt, the last one to lose head in a difficult situation. Best characteristics: inteligence, cool, canniness hardly seen on any other player. Best personal memory: when he gave up his chance of captaincy in favour of Nesta, a gesture of truly great man. He never had memorable moves on the pitch, but his presence was alwaysfelt. Thank you Giuseppe Favalli, Campione d'Italia.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
One of my very favourite players. Lightoller really said it all in his post. It's so sad for me to see a champion to be sold. :depress: I am very worried about this and I think we will regret it. Players like Favalli are very important not just on the pitch but also as mentors in the squad.

Grazie Beppe Favalli!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Thanx Milos for opening these threads:)

I'll reply only in one of them, not because others dont deserve a reply, but because i can say only one thing.

Grazie:)

My frined LS once said something like "too many chiefs, too little indians". How right he was:)

Pancaro, Favalli, Luca, Negro, The great "indians" that doesnt wate their time in politocs of the Seria A or a team, but go out & do their job to the best of their abilities. And that deserves our deepest respect.

Thank you guys. You made us proud:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Favalli has always been one of my favorite players, always gives everything for us.

I still remember his wonderful goal in the CL, I think it was against Shakhtar Donesk, when he tapped the ball around the defender, ran around the other side and drilled it into the corner of the net. I was so completely shocked, I was yelling, "Who the hell was that?? Favalli? FAVALLI???? OH MY GOD FAVALLI!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts