Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fernando Couto. Joined Lazio in 1998. from Barcelona. Never sold a game, never spat on the shirt, always to put his head where others wouldn't put thier leg. Best characteristics: airball expert, hard tackles, dangerous in the opposing penalty area at corners and free kicks. Best personal memory: vs. Perugia away in 98/99 season, scored after a corner and did a sommersault. One of those always aknowledged by the fans. Thank you Fernando Couto, Campione d'Italia.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
He's definitely my favourite Lazio player. Unfortunately I haven't yet seen him play with Lazio apart from a couple of short match reports. But I've often watched him playing for the Portuguese national team.
He has played 127 matches for Lazio. And I think four goals are acceptable for a defender who usually doesn't take free kicks. With 29 one matches this season he has been one of the most regular starters for Lazio in Serie A (or even the most regular? I'm not sure). And I heard/read a lot of positive comments by Lazio fans about his peformence in the last months.
Although he is not the youngest with 32 years I hope he will be in Lazio's first eleven again next season.
Força Fernando!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts