Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
While I was at work I was thinking when was the last time we won a trophy with 3 man defence before this Scudetto. I believe it was the 1998 UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
New song

Not C'e Solo l'Inter or Pazza Inter quality, or Inter bells which I like too, but still decent/alright

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·

Class.

Vidal may have only scored 1 Serie A goal for us but it was a fucking huge one.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
While I was at work I was thinking when was the last time we won a trophy with 3 man defence before this Scudetto. I believe it was the 1998 UEFA Cup.
I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a back 4. Zanetti on the left, Colonnese on the right, West in the middle and Fresi behind West as sweeper.

Lippi used a back 3 a lot in 99-00 with Cordoba, Blanc and Simic, which worked well IMO. No trophies that season...we made it to the Coppa Italia Final though. But I think we went for a back 4 in those legs and around that time.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·

I had missed listening to Scarpini commentary. 🖤💙

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a back 4. Zanetti on the left, Colonnese on the right, West in the middle and Fresi behind West as sweeper.

Lippi used a back 3 a lot in 99-00 with Cordoba, Blanc and Simic, which worked well IMO. No trophies that season...we made it to the Coppa Italia Final though. But I think we went for a back 4 in those legs and around that time.
I mean in general man not only the Lazio final. Bergomi missed that. But for instance I just searched on the lineup in the semi in Moscow and it's 3 man d

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Not C'e Solo l'Inter or Pazza Inter quality, or Inter bells which I like too, but still decent/alright
Really not a fan of the chorus. The verse is pretty good...reminds me a bit of this song which is really good. Una Vita Da Mediano by Luciano Ligabue. @ToniSamp

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
It's decent and Ligabue is an Interista but you can put any song on a Javier Zanetti video and it will instantly sound better, even the "Oh bakandam Star" Asian song from a few years ago.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·

Luca Mastrangelo breaking and/or blowing up stuff is always fun :D

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
I mean in general man not only the Lazio final. Bergomi missed that. But for instance I just searched on the lineup in the semi in Moscow and it's 3 man d
Back 3 wasn't a common formation for us by any means in 97/98 while it was in 99/00.

I've always loved the idea of a back 3 and was happy that Lippi went for it in a big way. Thrilled that Conte stuck with it all the way through in spite of the pressure from people everywhere to go to a back 4.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
View attachment 73093

:D like the caption. Funny.

4 matches with next to no pressure.

Hope Padelli and Radu get 2 games each. Hope Pinamonti starts all 4. Vecino too. And Froggy, Gag, DD. Kolarov and Young play their final matches for the club. Grazie Young. Btw Kolarov was a liability yes but he did help us get 1 point by assisting Perisic against Parma.

I would be lying to say I totally don't care about juve v Inter, still a big game but let's just say that a loss wouldn't ruin the season for us. But hopefully we can win or draw there. We haven't won in Turin in a while, November 2012 specifically (Conte's unbeaten run stopped by Stramaccioni at 49 matches)
Yes, these need to be the last outings for Frog, DDA, Young, Kolarov. Maybe Gagliardini and Vecino too.

I would like us to beat Samp and Udinese. Would be happy with draws in the other two games, although I expect us to lose at least one.

Juve will be competitive, that's for sure.

GDS actually have us putting out a first choice lineup against Samp (LOL) but Conte should go with:

‐--------------------------------Radu--‐--------------------------

---------------DDA-------Rannocchia---Kolarov----‐---

Darmian-‐--Vecino-----Sensi-‐----Gagliardini----Young

---------------------Sanchez--------Pinamonti-----------------------

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
I remember you saying you're a dad now, obviously fatherhood takes a lot of time and effort as you used to post frequently in the past.
Fatherhood has affected my ability to wake up at stupid times of the night for those 2am or 4:30am kick offs here in Sydney. I still catch the matches first thing in the morning or whenever possible without looking at the scoreline. Almost mimics a live viewing feel. Can't really get involved in live match chat that way though. We do get some decent time slots though, 8:30pm or even 11pm kick offs aren't too bad, or 6:30am during daylight savings.

Life changes, but Inter always remains a constant 😜😜

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
Back 3 wasn't a common formation for us by any means in 97/98 while it was in 99/00.

I've always loved the idea of a back 3 and was happy that Lippi went for it in a big way. Thrilled that Conte stuck with it all the way through in spite of the pressure from people everywhere to go to a back 4.
Probably going to be a problem in Europe next season though.

·
va' fancul
1,964 Posts
I'm happy for you guys - the Inter fans deserve this.

I don't like Conte or how Inter play but that's just me spouting off sour grapes - as a Milan fan I'd trade places with you guys in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Reactions: The Noun

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Well it's good that finally someone other than Juventus win the league, but did it have to be Inter? :LOL:
Worst possible team to end the juve domination from a juve perspective, so yes. I think Napoli or Milan or certainly Atalanta winning the league would have been better/more acceptable for juventini than Inter winning it.

Reactions: The Noun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Worst possible team to end the juve domination from a juve perspective, so yes. I think Napoli or Milan or certainly Atalanta winning the league would have been better/more acceptable for juventini than Inter winning it.
I think pretty horrible for Milan fans too, who thought they were on the road to the title up until the New Year. Conte was right to throw the EL and focus on league though.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
This

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Back 3 will certainly be a big problem in CL next season.

It never works.

But I don't care too much. Would much rather retain the Scudetto that reach the CL quarters/semis and lose Scudetto to Juve.

I'll be happy if we make it out of the group next season and then hopefully we mount another title challenge.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts