Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
The memorable comebacks were Inter 4-3 Fiorentina and Inter 4-2 Torino, the team showed character and those were Pazza Inter victories. That was the period we scored a lot but also conceded a lot. We then scored less and conceded less in the second half of the season and ultimately like the saying goes defence wins Championships.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Congratulations!
Handanovic the first Slovenian to win a Scudetto at Inter since Rene Krhin, though Krhin hardly if ever played.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,229 Posts
Handanovic the first Slovenian to win a Scudetto at Inter since Rene Krhin, though Krhin hardly if ever played.

Happy for Handa, totally deserves it after all those years.

I think both Krhin & Vid Belec picked up the medals for Serie A and CL, reached their climax as kids.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Pretty classy especially as their loss to Inter mathematically condemned them to relegation. Hopefully a quick return to Serie A for Crotone

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Treble heroes pay tribute to Inter after title win
Football Italia

Inter's 2010 treble winners paid tribute to Antonio Conte's side following their Scudetto victory.

It is the 19th Serie A title in the club's history, and it came after Sassuolo's 1-1 draw against Atalanta yesterday.

Antonio Conte's side have won the first title since 2009-10 when the Nerazzurri conquered the treble under José Mourinho.

Many members of that legendary Inter side spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport and paid tribute to the Nerazzurri for achieving such a significant result.

Inter's title breaks almost a decade of Juventus' domestic dominion with the Old Lady, who had won the previous nine titles.

"After 11 years we are back in the right place, the one that Inter have deserved for the entire season, from the first to the last day," said Julio Cesar.

"A Scudetto won as a team. Everyone has helped during the season, the fans deserve to celebrate," added Walter Samuel.

Dejan Stankovic, the coach of Red Star Belgrade, has also celebrated the domestic title in Serbia.
"It's a sign of destiny, everybody has followed his path, but we shared the same courage, as the Interisti do," the former midfielder said.

"Thanks, guys, for bringing this important title back to Milan. You have made so many fans happy," claimed Esteban Cambiasso.

Thiago Motta congratulated the "staff, players and the club" and said the fans "deserve this joy."

"From the very first day I said Inter had an obligation to win the title and each title won at Inter is worth four or five of those of the others," claimed Marco Materazzi.

Maicon revealed he wanted to celebrate at Inter's training centre, but they didn't let him in, while Lucio said Inter are now where they belong. "It's a joy. They deserved it," the Brazilian stated.

Diego Milito was the hero at the Santiago Bernabeu 11 years ago as El Principe scored a brace in the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich.

“I am happy this is an important and deserved title,” the former striker said.
“I am so happy for my captain Zanetti and I hope I can hug Inter fans in Milan soon.”

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Maicon revealed he wanted to celebrate at Inter's training centre, but they didn't let him in, while Lucio said Inter are now where they belong. "It's a joy. They deserved it," the Brazilian stated.
LOL

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Its been way too long, as red said, who would've thought we would 11 years after the treble to celebrate another Scudetto. This team really did do us proud this season. Don't think we got dominated by any team all season, potentially only that Napoli home game which we won anyway.

We were miles ahead of any team all season, it would've been awesome if the boys could celebrate winning it at home to Samp.

Kudos to Zhang, Marotta, Conte and the squad, took this team to another level after the banter era. Let's hope we can build on this and dont have to sacrifice any of our big players. There's probably 9 players in this squad that can fetch a €40m sale value, hopefully don't have to sacrifice any of them.

FORZA INTER!!
Sorry, forgot you vlep in my mentions.

Congrats man

·
Registered
18,163 Posts

Ignore the pull-up bar.

2 Romanisti friends gave me this shirt as a gift today

·
Registered
14,021 Posts
Congrats, guys. Very deserved scudetto, and good to see Juve's hegemony over.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Sorry, forgot you vlep in my mentions.

Congrats man
All good my man, likewise. Understandable, i don't post nearly as frequently as those mentioned.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
All good my man, likewise. Understandable, i don't post nearly as frequently as those mentioned.
I remember you saying you're a dad now, obviously fatherhood takes a lot of time and effort as you used to post frequently in the past.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

:D like the caption. Funny.

4 matches with next to no pressure.

Hope Padelli and Radu get 2 games each. Hope Pinamonti starts all 4. Vecino too. And Froggy, Gag, DD. Kolarov and Young play their final matches for the club. Grazie Young. Btw Kolarov was a liability yes but he did help us get 1 point by assisting Perisic against Parma.

I would be lying to say I totally don't care about juve v Inter, still a big game but let's just say that a loss wouldn't ruin the season for us. But hopefully we can win or draw there. We haven't won in Turin in a while, November 2012 specifically (Conte's unbeaten run stopped by Stramaccioni at 49 matches)

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Btw Nacka I haven't forgotten my promise to you regarding your match thread stats, just give me a week or 2 as I am lazy and still celebrating the Scudetto :D

I suggest Vlep or Firdy do the Samp thread, no pressure on them now.

81 - 100 of 159 Posts