61 - 80 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
BOOM

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Seriously if he doesn't enjoy winning the league AND his countryman playing a part in it then it's weird. He should be doubly satisfied. Anyone knows where he posts now? Interested in seeing his reactions.
Probably sempreinter.com

He has posted there for a couple of years. Usually under the articles. Another dumb, racist meltdown from him.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Back in 2010 I don't think any of us could have imagined this moment would take 11 years, two changes of ownership and a handful of colossal culture changes at the club (the main ones being: the Mazzarri era, the Spalletti era and now Conte).

Didn't watch football yesterday. Was out with gf and some old friends who I hadn't seen for a year. I didn't expect Atalanta to drop points TBH.

Maybe winning in Meazza would have been nicer but who cares.

Preventing the 10 in a row is a wonderful achievement.

Most of it is down to Conte and especially Conte doing what people said he couldn't: swallowing his pride and adapting. Scrapping the high line and trequartista, integrating Eriksen as a mezzala, completely freezing out Kolarov - all things people (myself included) said he wouldn't do out of pride. But he did. Grande Conte.

Player of the season for me is Barella. I also wouldn't underestimate Eriksen's contribution. Not just the recent league goals but also the general level of quality he brings which is way beyond Vidal and Gagliardini. Credit to him. What a pro.

Best defender for me was De Vrij again, but Bastoni and Skriniat were also outstandingly good all season. Man-for-man the best defense in the world for me, even if City and Bayern have incredible defensive players.

I did feel sorry for Barella and Lukaku the last few games. Their club and countries have pushed them to breaking point this season.... and there's even more to come. I'm worried Lukaku will be a physical wreck come September, but let's see.

Sad Tazzy didn't experience this one. I think he'd have liked this team an awful lot. He was a big catennaccio guy 😅.

RIP Tazzy
Forza Inter

Reactions: stefan9 and Firdaus

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
In terms of midfielders I'm delghted for Brozo

He has been one of my favourite players for years and he had his best season in an Inter shirt.

He showed consistency this season that he hasn't in the past.

Also can't forget Hakimi. He has transformed our attacking game

Reactions: stefan9 and Firdaus

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
I'll go for the cap...even though I've barely worn caps since my late 20's. And I'll go for the 3rd shirt...and the home shirt, lol. Yes, after complaining, I warmed up to it after a couple of weeks. I have a feeling others here have too...and not just because of the Scudetto. Right @Nacka ? I just haven't seen people complaining about it...I don't think people warmed up to the table cloth design though. I'm not going to buy the Agassi shirt though.
Nah, I'm still not a fan of the zigzag shirt.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
It's really hard to pick out standout players and it even seems unfair since it isn't just one or two players that are essential to the team. For example, De Vrij, Skriniar and Bastoni all have their unique skill-sets and all are essential. But I'll say that De Vrij doesn't get enough credit in the ratings since he makes everything look so simple. The way he fakes players when he's on the ball is so smooth and effortless...I don't think I've seen anything quite like it from a defender. Btw, he says he plays an instrument to keep his creativity up...anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Agree with most of these ratings

Would have given Brozo an 8, Lautaro an 8, Skriniar 8.5

Rom as player of the season is very hard to argue with. Probably one of the most influential players I've seen in my time at the club alongside Ronaldo, Zlatan and Milito

Attachments

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Agree that Brozo and Skriniar deserve 8.5's. IMO Lautaro deserves 8 to 8.5. Bastoni deserves an 8.5 as well. Defence was stellar all around.

Can't agree with 6.5 for Handanovic. He deserves a 7.5 or 8. Pretty clear that the mistakes in the last games cost him at least a point in the ratings. Many of his actions were key in securing wins for us. Even if you attribute 4 lost points to him in the recent games, that's nothing compared to the points he made sure we got. The reason I wouldn't go as high as an 8.5 is simply because the defence was so good that Handanovic went a bunch of games being barely tested. I'd go for a 7.5 - 8 based on what he did in those times he was called into action...crucial in the Scudetto race and quite a number of saves were BIG saves.

Another way to look at it the freeze frame before the recent mistakes (which had little consequence anyway). Samir was being hailed as having a massive season, being legendary, etc. Reports said that we weren't going to get a new keeper since he's still amazing. Once the mistakes happened though, he apparently became trash, the new contract became a question mark, etc. Moving from essentially one extreme to another...complete and utter nonsense.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Congrats to Ahmed, Fird, Nax.

How many Scudetti have we celebrated together virtually? Is this number 7? I guess so :)

Same for Stefan

It's been a long, tortuous road, and at one point I was terrified Milan would win it, but we made it in the end

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,382 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy your success!

·
Registered
46,677 Posts

How many Scudetti have we celebrated together virtually? Is this number 7? I guess so :)

Same for Stefan

It's been a long, tortuous road, and at one point I was terrified Milan would win it, but we made it in the end
Congrats, Brother!

This would be the 6th...including that sweet, Faxed Scudetto that kicked everything off. 🧡

@Morierinho should be celebrating too.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
i'd bump Ranocchia's score. Or lower Kolarov's. There's no way that they should have the same ratings. Kolarov was pure garbage almost every game he played while Ranocchia has actually been quite solid when called upon the last couple of seasons.

The ratings that I'd adjust:
Ranocchia 6 🔼 6.5
Kolarov 6 🔽 5
Brozo 7.5 🔼 8
Young 6.5 🔽 5.5
Alexis 6.5 🔼 7
Handanovic 6.5 🔼 7

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Think Rannocchia has only ever been excellent under Conte TBH

Kolarov was awful in every game he played

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Its been way too long, as red said, who would've thought we would 11 years after the treble to celebrate another Scudetto. This team really did do us proud this season. Don't think we got dominated by any team all season, potentially only that Napoli home game which we won anyway.

We were miles ahead of any team all season, it would've been awesome if the boys could celebrate winning it at home to Samp.

Kudos to Zhang, Marotta, Conte and the squad, took this team to another level after the banter era. Let's hope we can build on this and dont have to sacrifice any of our big players. There's probably 9 players in this squad that can fetch a €40m sale value, hopefully don't have to sacrifice any of them.

FORZA INTER!!

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
17,879 Posts

Same for Stefan

The Inter forum has such an interesting vibe, like walking into a pub on the weekend with a bunch of old buddies. I'm glad for you guys you get this and am interested to see what will happen next year for you on the european stage. We know the team will need to upgrade for the CL though (might need to happen over 1-2 years). IIRC Mourinho took more than one year to get the treble.

·
Registered
64,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
The performances of the season imo were the home wins against juve and Lazio.

61 - 80 of 159 Posts