Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
channel4:

Juventus have written an open letter to the FIGC and Referees’ Association demanding action to stop the club being “made to pay” for Calciopoli.

The Bianconeri were furious after last night’s 2-1 defeat at Reggina, in which there were two clear penalties not awarded before a stoppage-time spot-kick gave the Amaranto the win.

Now they have taken further action by writing an open letter to the Federation and the AIA – Referees’ Association – signed by President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli and general manager Jean-Claude Blanc.

“The repetition of such serious errors forces us to ask for the intervention of the Federation to guarantee the regularity of this campaign, protecting the work and professionalism of the players, Coach and directors of Juventus.”

One of the theories put forward openly in this letter is that referees are giving decisions against Juve to continue ‘punishing’ them for the Calciopoli scandal.

This was the first time this season that referee Paolo Dondarini had been assigned to officiate a Juventus match, as he was one of the figures accused – and cleared – in the trial last year.

“Some decisions by the referees are confirming the doubts raised by more than a few people – that there is not a relaxed and adequate approach towards Juventus considering the serious and professional way the club and team are behaving.

“What is certain is that Juventus cannot keep paying for something they have already paid an extremely severe price.

“The club is lifting itself back up from that thanks to the passion of its fans, who legitimately ask for respect.”

The Bianconeri were demoted to Serie B and stripped of two Scudetto titles in the Calciopoli scandal.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Cristiano Zanetti is handed a two-match ban for his dismissal against Reggina.

The midfielder saw red in stoppages for kicking out at Nicola Amoruso.

i guess a year in serie B with insufficient proof wasn't enough. off the top of my head i've counted 11 points which we've been robbed of, 6 of which coming from 2 scandalous games against napoli and now reggina.

while the others came against parma and udinese, (4 points for 2 iaquinta goals which we still haven't received any explanation why they were annulled) and roma with totti's offside goal (2 pts)

makes one wonder why we were framed in the first place :thmbup:

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Good iniative :thmbup: :thmbup: One cant put up with this seriously unprofessional crap.

Wouldnt mind if we reprimanded Zanetti and Legrottaglie too. Bit too out of hand conduct for my liking (despite having good cause to be aggrieved).

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
CDM, I wouldn't add anything new in underlining that I believe Juve was in the decision room ever since the 70's or possibly earlier. I'll spare my detailed analysis but I still have in my mind and still imprinted in my eyes images of Lo Bello aswell as Bertini. Having said this much or little, indeed things right now appear indeed old style only with different protagonists running the show. Hope I'm wrong and only time will tell.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude a milanista with an owner as the PM of italy slated for another term as well as having your TD as the league commish once upon a time, you should be the last one commenting on "the decision room"

especially after today's quote on quote win.......

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Osman said:
Good iniative :thmbup: :thmbup: One cant put up with this seriously unprofessional crap.

Wouldnt mind if we reprimanded Zanetti and Legrottaglie too. Bit too out of hand conduct for my liking (despite having good cause to be aggrieved).
i still don't know what zanetti did. seemed that legro should've been suspended but regardless. easy for us to sit back and criticise when we weren't training all week only to lose because of that!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
CinqueDiMaggio said:
dude a milanista with an owner as the PM of italy slated for another term as well as having your TD as the league commish once upon a time, you should be the last one commenting on "the decision room"

especially after today's quote on quote win.......
I just added my brief opinion upon happenings of the past 4 decades and what's happening right now, that's all.

May the discussion follow it's path.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and all i'm saying is back off. you know i've never been one to utter vitriol towards milan. i respect your squad immensely but when you come here expressing your sentiments about corruption, being a milan fan no less, don't expect pleasantries in return.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
CinqueDiMaggio said:
and all i'm saying is back off. you know i've never been one to utter vitriol towards milan. i respect your squad immensely but when you come here expressing your sentiments about corruption, being a milan fan no less, don't expect pleasantries in return.
Okay then, let's forget about personal opinions from the past and yes, the debate you raised in the thread title is discussed in Italy at present not relating only to Juve.
I'll leave it here :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Officiating looks fishy, to say the least, this season. The only thing that I could think of is to have an Exchange Referees Agreement with another association like France or Germany. In which Italian refs officiate in the Bundesliga and German refs officiate in Serie A for example. However, it would be difficult if not impossible to implement since alot of travelling will be involved. It could only be used in top matches, but still Juve will be robbed in matches against Reggina, Parma, etc :depress: Also, Moratti could get to the German refs :wallbang:

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
Although i agree the letter was very much needed, i fear this may be an issue now.

We get bad calls against all season, over 10 points lost from incorrect decisions. We send out a letter asking the refs to not punish us for the past as we have paid our debts by loss of players, playing in Serie B and loss of massive incomes. Now the refs think, "shit, we need to make sure we dont call anymore incorrect decisions against Juve otherwise the football world will think we are doing it on purpose"...so they do the opposite and give us favourable calls...hence, we go back to square one where we have the refs making incorrect decisions in our favour.

one big rollercoaster!

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
LOL, it's so funny seeing CDM, the guy who always mocked anyone who dared to say Juve got any help from the refs even when it was blatantly obvious, turn into someone who whines all the time about Juve gettting robbed by the refs and who sees conspiracies against them everywhere. Talk about being an extreme hypocrite...

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Demandred said:
LOL, it's so funny seeing CDM, the guy who always mocked anyone who dared to say Juve got any help from the refs even when it was blatantly obvious, turn into someone who whines all the time about Juve gettting robbed by the refs and who sees conspiracies against them everywhere. Talk about being an extreme hypocrite...
As if there is one Serie A fan on Xtratime who isn't a hypocrite. (Notice how nice I'm being only incriminating Serie A here.)

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Why dont you just lock the ref inside a room until he learned what he did wrong, or you could just have all the refs read the letter before going out to officiate.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
Why dont you just lock the ref inside a room until he learned what he did wrong, or you could just have all the refs read the letter before going out to officiate.

Or just distribute ROLEX watches to each and every one of them :eekani:

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
As if there is one Serie A fan on Xtratime who isn't a hypocrite. (Notice how nice I'm being only incriminating Serie A here.)
Probably true, but very few are anywhere near as bad as CDM. He takes it to a whole new level.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
dpforever said:
Or just distribute ROLEX watches to each and every one of them :eekani:
That would be smarter move on your part...After all...we didnt get relegated or in trouble for doing so. That way might be a little safer. Unless of course it was all Moratti that set you guys up with those phone taps in the first place.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Demandred said:
Probably true, but very few are anywhere near as bad as CDM. He takes it to a whole new level.

Instead of discuss CDM, do you think refs are doing their jobs if they are doing crap like this? Forget the self-righteous and typical of Juve deserve this and blala bla. Refs arent supposed to do anything but just simply do their jobs one task at a time. It doesnt need to be conspiracy theory, and it doesnt take much to notice how they seem like they are targetting their "incompetence" towards us (as said, doesnt need to be a grand conspiracy, but its has been way too consistent to be a coincidence).

So do you think its right 2 of 3 losses so far (Reggina, Napoli) are complete robberies? And in some games it has become the norm to just outright rule out anything in our favour, to the point its not just referee mistakes. What makes it coriously in how its not only mistakes is the Parma goal Iaquinta scored at the last second to get a win, he was ruled out for what we so far dont even know yet. The referee refused to give him a reason to what wrong he committed? Thats more then bizzare. He was neither offside, and Iaquinta asked who he fouled, and the ref refused to answer :googly:

We would be in CL spot regardless, and it doesnt need to be as exaggerated as an alternative table, but it cant be ignored that if the refs do their jobs (and I dont mean just the usual balanced set of mistakes like everyone faces, even jus that would be improvement for us), we would have more points for sure. And them keep pulling crap like this, of blatantly giving away games, is rather frustrating.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Osman said:
Instead of discuss CDM, do you think refs are doing their jobs if they are doing crap like this? Forget the self-righteous and typical of Juve deserve this and blala bla. Refs arent supposed to do anything but just simply do their jobs one task at a time. It doesnt need to be conspiracy theory, and it doesnt take much to notice how they seem like they are targetting their "incompetence" towards us (as said, doesnt need to be a grand conspiracy, but its has been way too consistent to be a coincidence).

So do you think its right 2 of 3 losses so far (Reggina, Napoli) are complete robberies? And in some games it has become the norm to just outright rule out anything in our favour, to the point its not just referee mistakes.
This is where hypocrisy comes in. If people around here were actually righteous they would be as outraged by these events as they have been about being wronged themselves all these years. And I was dumb enough to actually believe it. But now that the shoe is on the other foot our dearest rival fans can't get enough of salivating over bad decisions in our disfavor, which removes the doubt once and for all what people's true motivation really is: self interest.

And that being so, the entire morality speech we've been hearing all these years, and accusations of cheating, are nothing of the sort, merely one bank robber complaining that his colleague is more competent in his crime.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts