Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Campbell agrees to sign new deal!

Skysports:

Sol Campbell has revealed he has agreed his new deal at Arsenal.

The England star's current deal expires at the end of the season and the club have been working hard on extending his stay at Highbury.

The likes of Juventus and Internazionale have been linked with the former Tottenham man, but Campbell insists he will be staying with Arsenal.

"Everything is agreed," Campbell told the Daily Telegraph. "I'm going to be here for a long time.

"The usual stuff's been in the papers but everything is ok.

"I'm happy here. The club's going in the right direction what with the new stadium. It's going to be exciting."

The news will come as a massive boost to Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as he aims to keep hold of his best players.

----

So, shove that up your arse, Abramovich.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Is agreed the same as signed ? :eekani:

of course he will sign, he left Spurs because he wanted to win things, completely different position at the Arsenal. :proud:

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Kolo's probably doing backflips in his bedroom hearing that. :D
I should think Kolo knew all along he was going to sign, this is yet another non-story dreamt up by our great British media, they will have to wait for Henry to get 18 months from the end of his contract now for their next 'exclusive' :wallbang:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jern Lizardhous said:
I should think Kolo knew all along he was going to sign, this is yet another non-story dreamt up by our great British media, they will have to wait for Henry to get 18 months from the end of his contract now for their next 'exclusive' :wallbang:
Ah yes, one of those stories they'll run. I can't wait for their 'exclusives' on Ashley's contract, that'll be hilarious to read. Or on Reyes' imminent departure to Real Madrid, should be a right laugh. :thmbup:.

·
63,337 Posts
well Wenger is out of contract in less than five years now, so i'm sure the stories will be appearing soon that he is off to Real Madrid next summer, doesn't seem to sink in to the Media that he has never broken a contract in his career. :finger:

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Wonder if there'll be the Vieira to Real stories next summer? :D

probably, but at least we know there is truth to them stories, tbh if Paddy pulls that one again i don't think Wenger will stand for it anymore.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of players leaving, did you hear about Wenger commenting that he doesn't expect Edu to sign a new deal and that he wants to leave? Excellent, I say.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
wenger never actually said that, all he said that if edu came to him and said he wanted to go there was nothing he could do

·
63,337 Posts
If Edu signs his contract then maybe he will knuckle down, i'll be happy for him to stay if he starts playing like he did last season.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He said this, actually:

But Arsenal could be forced to sell Brazilian midfielder Edu who is refusing to sign a new contract.

Wenger admitted: “I want him to sign — but he says he wants to go.”

Meh. We can do better than Edu anyway.

·
63,337 Posts
If he doesn't want to stay then he can f**k off though, we showed alsorts of patience with him when he was having stinkers two years ago.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
He said this, actually:

But Arsenal could be forced to sell Brazilian midfielder Edu who is refusing to sign a new contract.

Wenger admitted: “I want him to sign — but he says he wants to go.”

Meh. We can do better than Edu anyway.
that is not what he said, this is what he said:

"I do not want to make any money with Edu, I want him to sign, but if he refuses to sign, and says to me 'I want to go', then of course I cannot let him go until I find somebody.

"So at the moment I think 80% we will sort the situation out, and get him to sign a contract."

same words, completely different meaning

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I bet campbells new contract will make him the highest paid player in the world

·
63,337 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
I bet campbells new contract will make him the highest paid player in the world
I doubt it, he has had to take a big pay cut, i'd doubt he gets more than Vieira let alone all the players at Real Madrid, Milan and Chelsea.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
GREAT news, but still lehman is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
i say we get vandersar, a keeper that can actually save a ball.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts