Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is really OVERRATED i think,he is not in the class as Nesta,Cannavero,Thuram and Montero.but if we can get him for free, i will go for it

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well, i don't think Juve would really go and pay so much for a defender. Although he is free but his wages is too much. Campbell is good, no doubt about that but if Moggi gives him that much, how would u think Davids, Zidane, Del Piero will react??
I would love to see him at Juve but frankly, no, i don't think Juve will get him. He probably prefers to stay in England.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Heh, when is he going to join us on Bosman? Maybe in like 4 years? Just a couple of months ago he signed a new contract with Tottenham (If I am not mistake). But this is what I remember. Some feel free to correct me.

If I am wrong and he is free, that it's ok I guess, but where would he fit in? Certainly not in Montero's spot, maybe Iuliano will be benched? Hm...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Personally, after the signing of Zanchi, i don't think we need Campbell. But, Ferrara, Parramatti and Montero are getting old. Campbell might be needed.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watch the Premier League week in week out
and I can assure you all that he is a very
gifted player.If we were to get him I would
consider it to be a very good purchase as he
is also still reasonably young.However I do
not think Juve will pay him anything close
to that amount of money even if he does move
here which I doubt he will.I am fairly confident
that we will not see any more major changes to
the side as currently they are not needed,possibly
with the exception of getting rid of Inzaghi for
a player that can actually master the skill of
standing on their feet.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was particularly impressed by Campbell in the Euro match vs Germany. It wouldn't be bad to have him in Juve, but if he doesn't come I don't care.. :)

[Edited by flarg on 17-07-2000 at 17:32]

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
. Reports in the Italian press suggest that North London pair Sol Campbell and Emmanuel Petit could be on their way to Juventus.

Tuttosport have their entire front page on the Arsenal midfielder and state that the Highbury club have agreed to the sale whilst a different Rome based daily says that Spurs centre half Campbell is also on his way to Turin.

Whether there is any validity in either story, only time will tell. There`s is however, good reason for both players wanting to leave their current clubs.

Campbell has one year left on his current contract at White Hart Lane and, as yet, hasn`t signed a new deal, leaving him available on a Bosman next summer. Spurs are not likely to allow him to go for free and would be glad to cash in now should a new deal not be agreeable for the England international.

Petit on the other hand had said on a number of occasions that he wants to leave the English league due to overseas players being `picked on and victimised` by match officials

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Just like Athirson's Flamengo contract Campbell's contract will expire on the 31th. of January.
He has been linked to Juve for along time, but whether we will actually sign him is another question. Many teams would be interested, but getting an option on him will only benefit next years dealings as he's a free agent. I have no use for Campbell after Zanchi's signing and Tudor's promising last season in mind. If we're going to give a player taht kind of contract it might as well be a player who would really improve us.

MOREOVER !!!! This piece of news (Petit as well) I.S F.R.O.M TUTTOSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what it means. SPECULATION! If they were correct Crespo, Vieira, Athirson, Nesta and Figo would be training at Val d'osta with the rest of the guys right now.

They're not....

Ciao.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
And Campbell impressed me in the matches against Romania and Portugal. Just a mediocre defender in international games, good for Premier League. Definitely not good enough for top Serie A team. But go get him, I can imagine El Piojo storming past him, without even using his top gear...:)

·
Registered
708 Posts
YOu all sound so ignorant. Campbell is easily better than any Juventus defender, even that thug known as Montero

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Well Bulldog, you have said something now. Campbell better than Montero. Thats a load of crap. Montero was one of the best defenders in Serie A last season and is captain of his country. Campbell is good, maybe the best engish defender but not better than Montero. Petit would be a waste of money, i would rather give Brighi a go in our midfield.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Bulldog:

You are wrong, Montero is better than Campbell. He has proven that in the SerieA last season. However, you may be right, Campbell can be better than any Juve defender (except Montero) on his best day individually BUT Juve has never been know (at least when I've followed them) to have huge stars on defense, Juve's defense is based on cleaverness, positioning, and team work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts