Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the right expression because I have heard both being said by commentators, hope you understand my question :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
no right......2 are right way of saying !!

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
I'll be there in JUST OVER 2 MONTHS!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Over 20 years of Barça on the brain, and NEVER set foot in BCN!!! aaargh... It's going to be surreal!!!!!!!

I wonder if "Jordi the tour guide" will let me walk past the ropes on the field to pose next to the crest painted in the grass?!?!?! hahaha If he does, I'm posting the pic here!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I once heard a caller call into Radio Marca and the guy was set into calling Campo Nuevo, even the madridista radio host had to yell at the asshole:howler:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Thats a really good question.
Camp Nou or Nou Camp?

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
If you were asking a Catalan Taxi driver to take you to the Nou Camp, what would you say? The next time I go there, I'm NOT walking for 5 hours in that heat with no breakfast! :D
Don't worry. Both are correct, mainly because in fact the stadium has no official name.
I think Barça fans prefer Camp Nou, so let's keep'em happy

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Official club sources, such as magazines or the homepage, refer to the version Camp Nou more regularely, but also sometimes use Nou Camp. So I suppose, given the spanish syntax-system usually tends to first name the noun and then the describing adjective, but I am not sure if catalan sticks to those rules as well, the Camp Nou version to be the original one. However, over the years both spelling-variants were used so often that nowadays it does not really matter which one you use in order to call the satium by it's common (not official though) name.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Gwydno said:
Don't worry. Both are correct, mainly because in fact the stadium has no official name.
I think Barça fans prefer Camp Nou, so let's keep'em happy
:thmbup:

On the map I got with my hotel list, the stadium was called the Estadio del FC Barcelona.

Maybe I should say "La Estadio del FC Barcelona, por favor?"

That's correct, right? :confused: :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Say i want to see real football! :D

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
It's Camp Nou. Anything else is a merengue invention. There are very few Catalan speaking taxi drivers, by the way so I'd stick to Spanish. They used to be the regime's spies during the dictatorship. Oops politics, I'm going to be banned.
Best getting the blue metro line, getting off at Badal and following the crowds. To come back (presuming you're in the centre) get the blue line at Collblanc (train already full at Badal) and change to the green at Diagonal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts