Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't watch the game. I'm glad I didn't . Heard it was pretty dirty! 16 or so cautions with 2 dismissals to both sides :mad:

Cameroun have themselves to blame for not being able to progress further in the tournament!! They should have collected maximum points from their game against the Irish! :fero:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I just saw a summary of the game. 16 Yellows of something!!!

I thought Cameroon could have also won the game but......................you know the Germans :mad:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Wat happen to Africa football?
Are they going on downslide?
There are so much hype abt the African counties that they will have great impact in this WC but it seem that the giant is out and the minnows is in. Nigeria and Cameroon, one of the best Africa countries was booted out with so much conviction. Tunisia seem to be on their way out as well but at least they show some fighting spirit in the match against Belgium. The only bright spark is Senegal who surprise every1 in this planet by qualify for the second round. If so, they merely make it. How could any1 gone 3-0 in the first half concede 3 goals in the second and almost lose the game. Yr guess is as good as mine.

Nigeria doesn't look good and threatening at all against Sweden and Argentina. Even if thye get a good result against England today, it will be too late. Wat the use of producing their best football when u are already booted out of the competition?

Cameroon with so much reputation of being the African Champion look sluggish against Ireland and Saudi(A team that they were suppose to steamroll them but they did not). Worse, They knew a small victory will carry them thru to the next round but they stood still and concede 2 goals to the Germans. It's like they are shoot at their own oot to get booted out of the WC.

South Africa look good but can they really make it against Spain today? Hardly i judging from the perfromance of the rest of the Africa countries.

When will Africa countries stood tall and still against the European and South-America countries. Definitely not in the next WC. Maybe the day when Africa hosted their WC. They might have an impact but for near future, theyare still far from it.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Zacxaviqer said:
Wat happen to Africa football?
Are they going on downslide?
Downslide ?

With Senegal beating France and drawing with Denmark, then qualifying to the second round ?

With South Africa losing out on the second round just cuz they scored one goal less than Paraguay (same GD) ?

With Cameroon not progressing to the second round cuz of some stupid refereeing and 1 point ?

With Tunisia drawing with Belgium ?

With Nigeria showing excellent form, only to be beaten by themselves ?

When will Africa countries stood tall and still against the European and South-America countries
South American countries ? Like who ? Crappy Paraguay who lost to Spain 3-1 while South Africa lost hardly 3-2 ? Or Maybe like Argentina who didnt qualify ? Maybe its like Brazil who had to fake a penalty then fake a red card to beat Turkey ?

As for European countries, the Euro and World champ is out on the hands of an African country...

Enough of this talk, people wont accept that African countries are equally as good as any other European country unless the day comes when all 5 CAF teams go to second round of the WC... I dont think that South Americans or Europeans are doing any better, South Africa could have EASILY qualified, Cameroon could have EASILY qualified, Senegal QUALIFIED, Nigeria were good and Tunisia are not bad.. When you have triple the amount of teams in the WC u should expect better..

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Yes don't forget South Africa. True they were in an easy group. But nevertheless I think they had an excellent WC. Looking at their preperation and their squad I was happy if they'd manage to score once. They prooved me totally wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts