Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally i think its a poor idea!Keep stopping and starting the game.Over a season decisions like that even themselves out.Just look at Liverpool in the FAcup final last season.Arsenal played very well second half and completely deserved there 2-0 win!

Any thoughts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yeah, I agree with you.

The controversy and debates about incidents like the Kanoute one are part of football, and as the cliche goes, its swings and roundabouts because it happens to everyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suddenly a incedent happens what sparks off all this "Camera Evidence" talk!Everyone suddenly starts talking about it again.Just because Arsenal had a little bit of luck on there side for once!

Ashley Cole did very well to get back.Full credit to him,Its not the first time either.I remember one at Anfield just before christmas.

If Arsenal win the League,all its gonna be from manu is,O its because Keane and Beckham were injured!And the Lucky westham result!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
i think there should be evidence :cool:

But ManURe can stick their fukin bollox up their arse :D

We are the Arsenal and we are the best :)

Mancs,dirty boy scousers can all FUK OFF :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well i dunno what to say
camera evidence should be used sometimes in such stupid games where the ref are so dam wrong its funny cose they are...simply stupid.
but it will uphold the game with pauses etc and it'll be annoyin to watch.

only thing i agree to is what jern said
hahaha
neville got injured
i would laugh if Fergie starts whining about injuries
i mean, look at us!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I have to stick by my guns and say we need video replays....
When we played Newcastle at home, video would have shown what an ignoramous the ref (I can't bear to speak his vile name) was, the FA cup final.....Liverpool away...the list goes on....

So yeah, we deserved our "luck" but something really needs to be done about the poor standard of reffing in this country, the inconsistancy needs to stop, video replays seem the only logical answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i have been an advocate of camera evidence to decide
incidents such the one at highbury last nite, but only if the
game is not held up and i got to say i looked at the replay of that
clearance about 5 times and i still was not 100 % sure.

now i've seen the stills in the papers it looks a good goal.

but and my point is, the decision has to be almost immeadiate
and given straight to the ref, because meanwhile the ball is cleared and play goes on.....

and i'm not so sure every decision can be made that quickly.

allthough if it became part law then i guess we'd have 2 or three cameras in the goalmouth....

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think football need to be very careful with changes (Too many have already been done the last few years). My opinion is that it would destroy much of the game (I said that after the Fa cup final last year as well). I also very much against that FA ban players afterwards by video evidence.
It`s just not football, that kind of things is for american sports.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Again ive looked at it 10/15 times!Antil every single millimetre of the ball has crossed the line its No Goal.Im not sure the hole complete ball had passed the line.If Camera evidence was introduced the referee would have been uncerten and it would have made a delay in the game!Sorry but i think its a poor idea.Wouldent work

·
Registered
12 Posts
VF- You could be right, as you say the complete ball must be over the line, difficult one to call. Not sure about video replays, possibly just for penalty area calls.

What really anoys me is that you can appeal against a red card and use video evidence but not a double yellow which all but one of our sendings off this season have been ( I think ).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not a fan of the idea of video evidence being played at games. Having said that, I do feel that Referees are put under a lot of pressure to make the right decision....so maybe a second 'eye in the sky' (another official off pitch, linked to the ref via an ear piece so he could ADVISE, not rule on matters) would help referees a great deal.

BB

Face it....you're a fuking tracer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would mean putting a camera on the cross bar looking down onto the goal line.It sounds a good idea but it would waste so much time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.