Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He announces his decision on a pressconference right now.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Camacho believes that the critisism (of the teams preparations and Camachos tactical dispositions during the matches) from a part of the press damages the atmosphere of the national team.

After considering the pros and cons of his dramatical decision, Camacho found out that this was a good time to leave. Both he and the RFEF leaves winning and the optimism around the national team gives a good fundament for a new coach to build on.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
as long as its not clemente or rexach spain will do good.

what we need is luis aragones, hiddink

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clemente :yuck: Rexach :yuck:

Hiddink signed with PSV Eindhoven a couple of days ago...

Aragones and Fernandez are the most likely alternatives.

But what about Irureta? Don`t think it will happen...but a man can dream :greed:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
el niño said:
Camacho believes that the critisism (of the teams preparations and Camachos tactical dispositions during the matches) from a part of the press damages the atmosphere of the national team.

After considering the pros and cons of his dramatical decision, Camacho found out that this was a good time to leave. Both he and the RFEF leaves winning and the optimism around the national team gives a good fundament for a new coach to build on.
I agree. If he wants to leave no better time to do it. National team have just finished a pretty good WC campaign and there is alot of optimism now for the national team which lacked prior to this WC. With what we've seen this WC, whoever takes over will a wonderful team to build on. Now that some of the older players are retiring that will make room for some more younger players such as Vicente, Joaquin to earn first team spots, hopefully.
I'm hoping Aragones takes over. It could be De Bosque!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
el niño said:
But what about Irureta? Don`t think it will happen...but a man can dream :greed:
Irureta? No way man!!:D
Irureta has a nice contract at Depor and good relations with Lendoiro :cool:. And it's cool that way.

Juande Ramos is a good coach...

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Absolutely the BEST time for a Coach to part ways with ANY national team is right after the WC...
That gives the Federation time to plan ahead for the following Cup and its eliminatories.
Camacho's Cycle was done before the 2002 Cup ended.

;)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Oh lord! I've heard that Irruta and Aragones have confirmed that they have valid contracts and would not be looking to change positions. Man, you know what that means. Clemente is looking for work right this moment! I think I'd hang myself if Clemente returned!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Clemente, no way!

There is no way that he would come back. If he can't get a job with Poland ( no offense Labas), then there is not a hope in hell he will return with Spain.

This comes as a shock to me that camacho is gone, I'm not saying that I will miss him but it is a shock:eek: . For me I would have liked to see what he would have done with the team in Portugal, but seeing as how that won't happen we msut move on.

I would personally like to see Aragones at la sellection for his coaching style and his experience which could be what we need to help our younger players but I see a guy like Victor Fernandez taking over which wouldn't be bad either. Del Bsque will stay at Real, can't see him coming, but I also wouldn't be surprised at seeing Irureta come over.

Someone should make a poll on this.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Clemente may have the ugliest style but at least he has won titles, many more than Camacho ro Luis Aragones. And in the National team he achieved the same as Camacho, but with worse players. But don't worry Clemente haters, a Madridista, attacking coach (like against South Corea:rolleyes: ) will fill the "massive" gap left by Camacho: the Spanish media will make sure that this occurs.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
In my opinion, Camacho did the right thing stepping down at a rare high, i doubt he has ever been popular and when he saw he could get away without tomatoes being thrown after him- he took it ;)

Its time Spain made a serious and very bold attempt of BUILDING a team and not just hoping the natural talent will one day come together and win something :rolleyes:

We all know the way to suceed these days is being organized and have a implemented system (forget about Brazil who ruin this theory ;) ). So I say we select a coach which suits the talent we got, and who could strenghten our identity (which IMO is more important then just winning :eek: ).

So my suggestion is the already mentioned Victor Fernandez :star:

You can ask any veteran on this forum, i have ALWAYS been a huge fan of his and suggested him as managed for Real Madrid before DB came. So for sure, i would be delighted seeing him train Spain with free hands.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
And the new coach is....
Iñaki Saez.

So, after all I was wrong and another Basque will coach the Spanish NT. He was in charge of the under 21 NT and will be Camacho's succesor with all probabilities. He hasn't done much at club level but he was the coach who took Spain to winning the under 20 World Cup with players like Xavi, Jose Mari, Casillas, and....Gabri :eek: . He took also the Olympic side to silver medal in the last olympics games. So, he has been succesful and knows the younger players well. If I am not mistaken he lcould be someone in between Camacho and Clemente in terms of players selection and tactics, I mean, he is not as defensive minded as Clemente but likes to protect the defence more than Camacho. I rember that Spain beat italy in the olympics playing the Italian way and scoring in the last minutes (Gabri :eek: ).

·
Registered
24 Posts
So the new coach is Iñaki Saez? That's great to hear! I've always been impressed with what he's done for the U21 team.

Who's going to replace him as coach of the U21?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Saez is temporary, he will probably not even coach a game, he is just filling the gap. Though he is very impressive, I wouldn't mind seeing him coach our squad:angel: .

GaspartJoan:the only Clemente fan on earth.....

·
4,421 Posts
I also like Clemente, don't forget that he is the man who own best stadistics ruling Spain NT (and he gave 2 leagues to Athletic in 80's)

Anyway, it seems that Iñaki Saez will be the trainer untill Euro 2004

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Fan would be too much of a word, but I don't dislike him either, and with the players he had available at the time he did a very good job with the exception of France 98. And Jedi is right: Saez will definetely coach the Spanish team, and unless he does badly he will continue at least until Euro-2004.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Saez is far from bad, it's just this is a diffucult job but I'm not complaining at all right now, but it seemed at the press conference that the word temporary was emphasised, hope not if it comes to saez vs. clemente.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I guess this is a hint of doing what i asked for, going for the future and building something that will last :proud:

Iñaki is a excellent choice for that, i mean- can you get a better man to take Spain in the future then the one who has sort of shaped it ?

I think we will struggle a lot to start of with, i hope everyone can be patient during this hard time :undecide:

So does anyone dare to make a startin 11 for the EURO 2004? :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Inaki Saez, he coached the Olympics side, yeah?
Why weren't there any Madrid players in that squad?
Just wondering...
Anyway all the best to him. Get them ready for 2004!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts