Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read on the Marca website, that Camacho has pretty much listed the 23 players he's taking with him to the WC.

Cañizares ,Casillas,Ricardo, Puyol, Nadal,Curro Torres, Hierro, Juanfran,Romero, Joaquín, Mendieta, Albelda,Helguera, Baraja, Sergio, De Pedro,Valerón, Luis Enrique, (Guardiola or Xavi), Raúl, Morientes, Tristan and Munitis.

Man, I think Camacho is making a mistake not taking Vicente, the guy is explosive!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ah nice, so he's bringing Munitis there after all. Yeah that makes sense. Keepers like Toni Prats and Contreras are having great years and he's bringing Ricardo. He brings De Pedro but not Vicente or Fran. This guy is a genius. So much for the bring our best players theory.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Thud.

OK, well, can anyone please enlighten me. How the hell do these guys become coaches, let alone national team coaches? What exactly is their problem? Everyone see's the obvious, yet they do not. If I were spanish, I would simply go to bed, cry, roll over, and keep crying. Desperate. Hopeless. No words can express my feelings. :depress:

Curro Torres?
Nadal?
de Pedro?
Munitis?
Xavi or Guardiola?

someone, please enlighten me. What worries me all the more is that guys like Curro and Nadal are likely to fuc*in start!:eek::depress::wth:

Pray for injuries... pray. I just don't get this... some of these choices are really baffling. The ones I mentioned are no questions asked, but really can ask questions about the rest too! Mendieta over Victor Sanchez? Taking 5 DM's?

I dunno anymore. It's a dark perspective.
On the other hand you could still create a good starting 11 from these 23, but it's not like we're gonna see it feature:cry::depress:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Suprised to see Casillas included since he hasnt started in 2 months,

Spain has no backline defenders I mean who are your choices Nadal or Tellez, C.Torres or Salgado not much choice.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Che said:
Suprised to see Casillas included since he hasnt started in 2 months,
Casillas shouldn't be a surprise at all. He has been called up all the time despite not playing. What really surprises me is Munitis being called up.

Spain has no backline defenders I mean who are your choices Nadal or Tellez, C.Torres or Salgado not much choice.
That's because Camacho refuses to look at anybody except the usual suspects. There are other options besides those mentioned. We could have a decent defense but not under Camacho.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can you guys help me out?

I need:
-names and surnames of those players that will go to the world cup + their clubs
-caps/goals for Spain
-who is Spain's player with most goals ever?
-When was your FA accepted in UEFA?

Please reply asap, you can also contact me thru: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Juanele said:
...We could have a decent defense but not under Camacho.
Spain could have a World Cup winning team but not under Camacho... I'd say La Liga's biggest stars are mostly Spanish and it's the strongest league.

Molina has had a great season, unlike Casillas who seemed to be a one-season wonder like Robinson in Leeds... And Molina is not even the 3rd choice:dazed:

Munitis... why does he need this guy who rarely starts for Real? Do they have a deal or something?:D
If he plans to use him as winger then Fran and Victor Sanchez are a lot better and regular starters. If a striker then Luque is completely different class...

If Hierro and Nadal really start, with Curro Torres as winger, it'll be the biggest laugh of this WC:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope

I hope at the end of WC ,we all be wrong and Camacho right.we should trust him,coz it is his job and he really know what he is doing as i hope.he has a plan in his head and he knows what kind of players he need.we should look at his choices from its positive side. 4 example ,Munitis is very fast player so we should have a player like him to help you in some matches especially if u want to play with countr attack at the end of some matches and this is so important.

We all should forget about our clubs and concentrte in the player importance to improve our squad.and believe me if Munitis is not a usefull edition ,Camacho will not call him.Each one of us has his own comments on the list.for example,i am surprised for taking Curro Torres and leave Salgado,and in my opinion Vicente is better than De Pedro and luque deserve a place,but Camacho is our Coach and we should trust him.i hope we will win the world cup at last and all of us point their fingers to Camacho and say that "this is the man who make the dream come true" ...I Hope

·
Registered
966 Posts
I really dislike Camacho. What teams has he trained? Espanyol? Sevilla? (BTW it was descended when he was the coach). We need a better one; Aragonés, Victor Fernández, Mané, Irureta...

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmm...

My response to this is that MARCA is not always right.

In terms of the team, I have my opinions, but in a general view,
I can accept his team, EXCEPT the goal-keepers. I am completely
against Casillas, a boy who should not be the 2nd choice.
I dont think Camacho realizes that anything can happen, what if
Canizares is hurt? then what? A 21 yr old under the goal????
Casillas is not bad, but when Molina, Prats, Contreras are out then there must be some question marks.

As for De Pedro, why not? We can talk about Vicente, Victor...but
we cant say that De Pedro would be a huge mistake.
He is someone who WANTS to be in the national team, I think these are the sort of players we need to be successful. Someone who feels la furia roja, not just attend the national team by obligation or for personal reputation. I too think there are better
options, but if someone like him is taken, I would not upset
as he is a quality player as well.

I once again write on Munitis.
Why so many of you against him? Perhaps he is not in form, that is true, but not many have his pace and although again, I may not choose him, I wouldnt say his inclusion would hurt us. Remember EURO 2000? He was one of Spain's best then.......

Also, I am against Hierro critics. Not many central defenders can
pass and dominate in the air like he can, perhaps he is slow but think about the positives......Nadal too is an intimidating figure,
and has been one of Mallorca's best.....I repeat, I have my other
ideas in such a positions, but I do not doubt such players either so much as some of you do.

We must think about poor decisions, not personal opinions.
The main point is that the team is competitive and good, and all these players, although some are not my preferences, are good
and capable of delivering at the highest level.

If all of you are obessed with criticizing so many Spanish footballers, why do you support Spain then? If you think we have
such bad players, then go support France instead!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re: hmmm...

mallorquin said:

If all of you are obessed with criticizing so many Spanish footballers, why do you support Spain then? If you think we have
such bad players, then go support France instead!
I never said we have bad players. I just took exceptions to some of the selections that's all. I agree 100% about Casillas. I'll be even more blunt, I think he sucks. There are at least 10 keepers in Spain better than him. But he's going so let's pray that nothing happens to Cañizares.

I do think Camacho should have included Fran or Vicente. De Pedro is ok but IMO he doesn't bring as much as either of the other two players.

Most likely Munitis will never see any minutes so there is no use discussing him. I just pray our team stays healthy.

I do believe we'll get out of the first round. After that I'm not optimistic. It depends on the draw and how we are playing of course. Theoritically there is no team that is better than us until the semifinals. However, with how we always underachieve the chances of reaching the semis are slim in my opinion.

Who knows, perhaps they'll surprise me. I hope that's the case.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So, is this mean... he wont take JM Guti to Japan????:sob: :sob: :sob:

Why not JM Guti ??? he's a great player....

He just break my heart...:sob: :sob:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
adel_10 said:
So, is this mean... he wont take JM Guti to Japan????:sob: :sob: :sob:

Why not JM Guti ??? he's a great player....
Well, he's good but notgood enough. Look what easy chances he misses:rolleyes:. I wouldn't take this guy, there's Luque, there's many better forwards to take to Japan, and Camacho isn't even taking them:(

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmm

Juanele:

We can match any team face to face. in EURO 2000, we were
better than France, just perhaps tactically naive. Anyhow, my theory is to be cheerful and think positively!! The World Cup is only once every 4 years, so it is good to have some hope and expectations.

Adel & Bailemos:

Guti is not good enough for the Spanish national team.
In fact, he isnt anything special really......

As for my own Luque, he is a star for the future. I think perhaps
for the EURO 2004 qualifiers he could be a feature for Spain among other young players.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't think that there is that many suprises though... a few upsetting things but the squad/team that he picked against the Northern Irish seemed to show Camacho's intentions...

but what I don't understand is that the game against the Irish meant nothing... I mean De Pedro may as well not have started he was so innefective :sigh: yet he is still going to go?

but again as long as he picks the best XI (which lets face it Spanish teams in the past have not done) Spain could... dare I say it? Do well:eek:

The thing is though that no-one can bloody agree on the firsy XI cos the defence is... well lets face it ****... especially the apparent choice we have.

I mean if I was in charge (and shockingly I'm not) I would have to do something that is against everything I believe in and put Helguera in the centre of defence alongside Hierro:(

By doing this I have created another problem... who will be defensive midfielder... well it has to be Baraja... his form has been exceptional in the second half of the seaon

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
pool_till_I_die said:
I mean if I was in charge (and shockingly I'm not) I would have to do something that is against everything I believe in and put Helguera in the centre of defence alongside Hierro:(

By doing this I have created another problem... who will be defensive midfielder... well it has to be Baraja... his form has been exceptional in the second half of the seaon
Baraja has been good in the second half of the season, true, but Sergio has given his best during all this season and certainly deserves to be a starter.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
any chance of xavi making the 23?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Put it this way... there is no way that I would take Xavi... I mean there are about 4 players in the squad who can do the same job as him but better...

Nothing against Sergio you understand... he's been brilliant this season but I've just watched a glutch of Valencia's games recently and Baraja has been their best player... that is quite a feat with Killy, Albelda (who should also be considered) and Aimar in the form that they are in

1 - 20 of 37 Posts