Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a bit optimistic....but if Portugal win Euro 2000 I want to celebrate in style! I was thinking of going to Rotterdam if Portugal get to the final to soak up the celebrations, but I can't because of my work experience which is essential to my Uni course but I was wondering if the Portuguese Community in London wanted to arrange a celebration somewhere in London if we win the championship!

Cos if we win, I don't wanna be stuck at home with only a few to celebrate with - I wanna street party! I know there are a few of u out there in London - I have about 20-30 Portuguese people from the south Hertfordshire area that I can bring down for celbrations.

I doubt any of you will participate but otherwise we'll have to celebrate on our own up here but that's not too bad I suppose but I just thought maybe we could make it special..after all....it's not everyday Portugal wins the European Championship! In fact..Portugal aint won any major championship before and may never do so again in our lifetimes!

But, hey, we have to win 3 games so one of you moderators can close this thread or whatever when we go out of the compo but I'm just gettin a bit excited tehehe :)

B

·
0 Posts
Hey Man, If I lived in London I'd be right there parting with you! I'd grab me some Manchester Ale(smooth english beer) and party the night away!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hey taco, if u go to hammersmith, golborne road there is quite a big portuguese community there and im sure they will all be having big celebrations there, ive been there quite a lot of times and its pretty good, allthough the actial area is a bit scaby but the cafes and restaurants are nice. there is also a large portuguese community in notting hill, but i dont know exactly where in notting hill.

B

·
0 Posts
I never knew England had such a big Portuguese community there! How do they treat you guys over there? Do all the Portuguese over there put up the grape vines in the backyard? Because over here in America the Portuguese and the Italians all have the grape vines in the backyard that's how you know it's either a portuguese house or a Italian house and you always catch the americans in your backyard in the fall stealing your precious grapes that you make your wine with! Bastards that's why we got a Pitbull chillin' in our yard now

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tehehehe yep my dear old Dad planted some grape plants a few years ago but the climate over here in England isn't quite as reliable as the US :) So far, we are still waiting for our first grape! It's not looking good but some Italians on the other side of the town have huge grape vines all over their house!

Not fair! How do those Italians do it? :(

Lets hope it's not an omen for the Euro 2000 Final! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts