Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CALISTO TANZI has confirmed Parma's interest in Palmeiras' Brazilian star Alex.

The Gialloblu president wants to sign Alex to replace Argentinian international Ariel Ortega, who would like to leave Parma next season.

The 23-year-old said before the recent match against San Paolo: "This is probably my last match in a Palmeiras shirt." It has being reported that the Brazilian forward would cost the Serie A club around £8 million.

Parma coach Alberto Malesani is looking to build a squad good enough to win the Scudetto next year and he need players that can fit into his favoured 3-5-2 formation. Tanzi has already secured the signature of midfielder Matias Almeyda from Lazio and French star Johan Micoud from Bordeaux, but he is still hopeful of buying Verona's Christian Brocchi.

GREAT! :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
altough Almeyda isn't signed yet it's still great!

But i think we might lose Alex if we don't act quick, cuz
Celta, Deportivo and Valencia are waiting to sign him:mad:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont worry Willem,if we want Alex we will get him because Parmalat (aka Tanzi) owns him. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I don't want to ruin your view on Tanzi and Parmalat Amo but what good did it do in the Roque Junior case? I don't think our advantage is as big as you think it is... Unfortunately. Anyway, since no really big club is interested I'd say that we have the upper hand this time around.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The case with Roque Junior was that he would not be convinced to come at Parma since he chose Milan from the beggining.Moreover,his contract was expering in December and Tanzi would risk loosing him for free.So he just grabbed the money and let him go to Milan.With Alex this is not the case since he has 2 or 3 more years in his contract so Tanzi can very well put a veto if he doesnt want to move at Parma.But Alex wants to move at Parma.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Owns him ?? :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
almeyda IS FOR SURE PARMA PLAYER(if crespo GO or NOT)
for 47 milia LIRE

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes,owns him.Alex doesnt have a contract with Palmeiras.He has a contract with Parmalat.I know it is strange but thats how it works in Brazil...

G

·
On one hand, Alex is a great and young1 midfielder. If he really goes to Parma, Parma will shine next season.

On the other hand, Micoud is not that fit. He seems not skillful enough to hold the ball and to distribute it to his teammates. Also, he is not strong enough to chase the ball. I wonder he can play well next season or not.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the contrary Parma Mania Micoud is really skillful and strong and not only spreads the game well with vision and great passes but he can also defend relly well by reading the game and winning the ball.What I doubt is his imagination and how creative he is...

We can very well use Micoud in central midfield with a Redondo-like role with an offencive midfielder like Ortega or Alex in front of him.Looks good.

G

·
CALISTO TANZI has confirmed Parma's interest in Palmeiras' Brazilian star Alex.
The Gialloblu president wants to sign Alex to replace Argentinian international Ariel Ortega, who would like to leave Parma next season.

The 23-year-old said before the recent match against San Paolo: "This is probably my last match in a Palmeiras shirt." It has being reported that the Brazilian forward would cost the Serie A club around £8 million.

Parma coach Alberto Malesani is looking to build a squad good enough to win the Scudetto next year and he need players that can fit into his favoured 3-5-2 formation. Tanzi has already secured the signature of midfielder Matias Almeyda from Lazio and French star Johan Micoud from Bordeaux, but he is still hopeful of buying Verona's Christian Brocchi and Chilean striker Marcelo Salas from Lazio.

Parma and Lazio are negotiating for the sale of Salas, and a fee of around £20 million is being suggested, but Salas will only go to Parma if the Gialloblu sell Hernan Crespo to Lazio. Sergio Cragnotti is trying to off-load Salas, but the striker wants to stay with Lazio next season. The two clubs will meet again this week to try and agree a deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts