Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 1261 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our summer transfer market has been speculated for a long time with a lot of names thrown into the mix.
I'm going to write up a list of our targets, and see how everyone feels about our plans that have been relayed in the press.

Hernan CRESPO

Our fans' number one target, Hernan will be a free agent come this summer, and Parma would love nothing more than to welcome back one of our favourite sons. He's had a tough time at Inter, but has always performed when called upon, and has shown he still has the quality to play at the top level. Hernan has spoken of a dream move for him this summer, and a few have speculated he is speaking of a return to the Tardini. He has been linked with Tottenham, West Ham, Hertha Berlin, Sampdoria, Palermo, Boca Juniors, Independiente, and many more! Making it tough for us to compete. His main goal is to retire after the World Cup in South Africa, and with a solid season at Parma, he would be able to live his dream, and ours.

Likelihood: 6

DENTINHO

Dentinho, a 20 year old forward currently plying his trade for Brazilian superclub Corinthians. A player with massive potential, Dentinho was called into the first team at 17 years old, and in 3 years has cemented his place in the Corinthians starting eleven. He scored 24 goals last year as Corinthians returned to the Brazilian Serie A. He has amazing dribbling skills and a fantastic heading ability, he is only 5ft 9, but is a powerful presence in the air nonetheless. He has Ronaldo-like calmness in front of goal, and always works hard for the team. Currently being watched by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter and Arsenal, Parma are in the company of champions, but Dentinho would be guaranteed football at the Tardini as Cristiano Lucarelli will certainly leave this summer. A risky move, but may well pay dividends in the long term future of Parma.

Likelihood: 5

Rafal BOGUSKI

Somewhat of an unknown quantity in the world of European football, Rafal Boguski is a talented young Polish forward, who plays in a number 10 position for Polish side Wisla Krakow. Parma scouts were deployed earlier this year to check up on Krakow striker Pawel Brozek, but were impressed greatly by the fleet-footed winger Boguski. He has recently scored his first goal for the Poland national side, with the winner against Serbia in a friendly. Boguski scored over 70 goals in 5 seasons for LKS Lomza before moving to Wisla, a great scoring record for a young forward. He may be a sleeper hit in Serie A, he has good technique and vision, and is a very unselfish player. There has been no competition for Boguski mentioned in the press, making our bid a likely option for Boguski in the summer.

Likelihood: 7

LIEDSON

Goals, goals, goals, and goals. This is what you'll get from Liedson, a legend at Sporting Lisbon after his 130 goals for the club. He worked in a supermarket until he was 22 years old, and then became a footballer. A little bit of a late bloomer, Liedson started to make a name for himself at Coritiba, he moved on to Flamengo and then later Corinthians, where he scored a goal every 2 games at both clubs. In 2003 Sporting Lisbon snapped up the pacy forward and were quickly rewarded, in his first 2 seasons he scored 53 goals for the Lisbon side, and cemented himself as a fan favourite. He has continued to score goals and this season has 14 goals in 18 games, an impressive tally for an injury-hit season. Parma would do well to fight off competition from Sevilla for the Sporting hitman, but every penny spent, would be well worth it.

Likelihood: 4

Marco DONADEL

Donadel is a tough tackling midfielder with plenty of energy to run in the middle of the park, similar in style to Stefano Morrone, Donadel is a leader on the pitch and never backs out of a tackle. He had a spell at Parma in the 2003/2004 season on loan from Milan, where he played 24 games for the Emiliani. A very solid midfielder with a lot of experience despite being only 25 years old. Donadel would be a good replacement for any of our out-going midfielders this summer.

Likelihood: 5

If there is anyone i have missed out, let me know and i'll add them to the list.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
We are being linked to Donadel? I was a fan of his when I was with us the first time round. Think there is more chance of us signing Leigh Griffiths than Hernan Crespo this summer though. Will never be able to afford his wage demands.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are being linked to Donadel? I was a fan of his when I was with us the first time round. Think there is more chance of us signing Leigh Griffiths than Hernan Crespo this summer though. Will never be able to afford his wage demands.
Yeah we were after Donadel in January, they wanted Mariga so we told them to shove it :D
Personally, id love to see Donadel back here, he's a good good player.
I think Crespo would accept that he's not a 100k a week player anymore, i think he'd play here on the cheap :)
If he did then i'd cry :proud:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I think that there is a good chance that we'll sign Donadel, especially if Mariga leaves.

I think Dessena is also likely, seeing as he is THE Parma-boy, and is doing shite-all at Samp. Sadly Cigarini is gone, I'm pretty sure of that.

Mostly, for this calciomercato, I want to see us sign some young, exciting talent who will be motivated to keep us up (if we get promoted) and will play exciting football at the same time.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boguski scored twice in the Polish demolition of San Marino, Smolarek scored 4 lol

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
If we get promoted, our priority surely has to be 2 new full-backs.

Zenoni has been fab this year but is too far gone for Serie A now IMO, and Castellini has had a woeful season compared to last year. I know Troest can play RB and Rossi can play LB, but i'd prefer these 2 at the CB positions from the get-go.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If we get promoted, our priority surely has to be 2 new full-backs.

Zenoni has been fab this year but is too far gone for Serie A now IMO, and Castellini has had a woeful season compared to last year. I know Troest can play RB and Rossi can play LB, but i'd prefer these 2 at the CB positions from the get-go.
I've watched over 20 games this season, and i can agree with you that Castellini havent been on his best level. But he is as solid player and in Serie A that kind of player is important to have. The problem with Castellini is that he is a leftback, when he is playing as a Wingback, he dont get out all of his quality because his crossing and movement is no the best.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Parma, colpo Angeleri
02.04.2009 12.07 di Andrea Losapio articolo letto 3263 volte
Inizia con il botto la campagna trasferimenti del Parma. La società gialloblù pare aver chiuso per il difensore argentino Marcos Angeleri, che ha già esordito in nazionale albiceleste durante la gestione Maradona. Il calciatore - àmbito da molte squadre - sarebbe a un passo dal club di Ghirardi. Quattro milioni di euro il prezzo, con un contratto quadriennale

Great news,we are close to seal a deal for Angeleri.Maube nothing will happen,but it seems that we'll have a very interesting transfer market this summer.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Report: Inter & Lazio Target Marcos Angeleri Will Join Parma
In a sensational twist, the Serie B side seem to have beaten their more illustrious rivals to the signature of the highly-rated full-back

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...-lazio-target-marcos-angeleri-will-join-parma

:thumbsup:
According to a guy in Sweden (who have contacts in Parma) Ghirardi is flying down to Argentina to pick Anglieri up, and fly back to Italy and discuss terms and conditions. This guy is often right so this can be true!!!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Whoa.. when we were first linked with him, I said there's no
chance we'd sign him and if he'd have any sense he'd go to Inter :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
"Ghirardi is flying down to Argentina to pick Anglieri up, and fly back to Italy and discuss terms and conditions."
To who is going to speak Ghirardi? Is he the President or not? Or his parents has to approve the offload of the money?

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
This is why I love Parma. They contiinually surprise me. :)

Ok, often it's not good surprises, but that just makes news like this even more sweet. :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Probably with his agent. I think Parma have agreed terms with the club. So him and the agent would be the logical thing.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys everyone doubted me before that he'd do the right thing to join us :)
I just hope he's gonna sign on the dotted line :D
I really like him, he's a Castellini-like player. He's a better crosser though.

1 - 20 of 1261 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.