Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Who knows what level of player we can sign in the summer. If we can attract WC players, we don't have the budget to sign many of them.

Bonaventura does provide healthy competition. He's a solid option for Hakan and Paqueta; all 3 have different styles and attributes. He can also play on the left, although again in a much different style to Rebic.

I think the priority this summer is to hold on to our best players, renew contracts where necessary. Then let's see what opportunities arise in the mercato. But retaining what we have is more important than signing, IMO.

The squad needs to be deep as we'll be playing Thursday night Europa League (barring a disaster in the qualification) so rotation is key. For that you need guys like Bonaventura.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Our weakest positions atm are RB and RW. Conti/Cala not good enough and Samu/Alexis mediocre.After that CD that will compete with Kjaer for the starting position. If possible I would spent the most of the budget in an attacking forward/striker, as Ibra cant play all the games and dont know if Leaos best position is striker.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Latest news is that Donna and Ibra will be signing a new deal.
Bona will leave as the club see him as redundant.

The mids will be very thin as Biglia is also leaving.
Also Paqueta is uncertain.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Our weakest positions atm are RB and RW. Conti/Cala not good enough and Samu/Alexis mediocre.After that CD that will compete with Kjaer for the starting position. If possible I would spent the most of the budget in an attacking forward/striker, as Ibra cant play all the games and dont know if Leaos best position is striker.
I think if Miranchuk comes he can cover RW position as well as CAM. We would miss Bona, cause Rebic could be played as a striker considering Ibra can't play all the games. And also I don't understand why did we sign Saelemaekers permanent. The kid is average and doesnt look like to improve. He is more like 442 system player.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I think if Miranchuk comes he can cover RW position as well as CAM. We would miss Bona, cause Rebic could be played as a striker considering Ibra can't play all the games. And also I don't understand why did we sign Saelemaekers permanent. The kid is average and doesnt look like to improve He is more like 442 system player.
I think it is way too early to say that Saelemaekers will not improve/does not look to improve. Look at Kessie and Hakan...Saelemaekers has some nice attributes mainly speed, but can and has to improve his passing and decisionmaking.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Saelemakers was good business. We got him for merely 3.5m. Even a mediocre young Serie A player is at least worth 8m-10m. He's also a solid squad player and versatile.

I agree we really need to upgrade our RW and RB though. Let's see what Maldini can do.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Donnarumma
X --- Kjaer --- Romagnoli --- Theo
Bennacer --- Kessie
X --- Hakan --- Rebic
Zlatan

Begovic
Conti --- X --- Duarte/Gabbia/Musacchio --- Laxalt
X --- X
Saelermaekers --- Paqueta --- Bonaventura
Leao

Agreed that we need a RB and RM in the first XI. Other than that I think the rest picks itself.

For the 2nd XI we need to figure out who will play when Kjaer and Romagnoli are rested. Gabbia has been pretty solid recently, so Pioli may have confidence in him to play Europa League. Or maybe they will send him out on loan to get more experience. In another post zoo mentioned Thiago Silva. Would be nice to see him reunited with Zlatan.

Crucial that we sign at least one DM. Perhaps Hakan or even Paqueta can fill in at times alongside a ballwinner, but certainly need one.

Overall though I don't think many changes are needed. Quality over quantity. If we can convince one big-name player to join, I think it should be a right-midfielder. That's the biggest lack of quality in terms of attack.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I hope we use this situation to get at least one big signing this summer. Of course we do not need to change too much in the starting line-up, but with the optimism back and the prestige of getting back to winning ways with such a historical club, hopefully we can get a big name that can add to the quality and depth. Preferably a right winger/attacker.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Donnarumma
X --- Kjaer --- Romagnoli --- Theo
Bennacer --- Kessie
X --- Hakan --- Rebic
Zlatan

Begovic
Conti --- X --- Duarte/Gabbia/Musacchio --- Laxalt
X --- X
Saelermaekers --- Paqueta --- Bonaventura
Leao

Agreed that we need a RB and RM in the first XI. Other than that I think the rest picks itself.

For the 2nd XI we need to figure out who will play when Kjaer and Romagnoli are rested. Gabbia has been pretty solid recently, so Pioli may have confidence in him to play Europa League. Or maybe they will send him out on loan to get more experience. In another post zoo mentioned Thiago Silva. Would be nice to see him reunited with Zlatan.

Crucial that we sign at least one DM. Perhaps Hakan or even Paqueta can fill in at times alongside a ballwinner, but certainly need one.

Overall though I don't think many changes are needed. Quality over quantity. If we can convince one big-name player to join, I think it should be a right-midfielder. That's the biggest lack of quality in terms of attack.
The only thing i would comment on is the 2nd team. There could be many of them in your line up will be shown the door.

Apart from filling up the X position, we need new players to provide competition for the starting line up.

My only fear is this, once Ibra is absent we might see Nocerino effect. Another experience player should be brought in as a layer.

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
My great hope for the summer is for Paqueta to be the "new signing".

Other than that, it seems we are linked with some of the young Portuguese talents. Maybe that could be good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My great hope for the summer is for Paqueta to be the "new signing".

Other than that, it seems we are linked with some of the young Portuguese talents. Maybe that could be good.
Paqueta probably will leave. The board aren't looking for a RW, the wingers we are linked are Everton, De Paul, Lozano, Chiesa. Only Chiesa is RW. Looks like they gonna sign one more LW.
PS: I wish Suso was the part of this better Milan, he deserved that, Jack too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it is way too early to say that Saelemaekers will not improve/does not look to improve. Look at Kessie and Hakan...Saelemaekers has some nice attributes mainly speed, but can and has to improve his passing and decisionmaking.
Maybe you were right, but players like him(not a winger, not a full back,can play only one wing,) rarely improve and mostly at 442 formation. I.E Laxalt, Constant, Emanuelson or even Lucas Vazquez.(even Serginho never been starter at Milan).These type of players could be good squad players, but rarely develop. Thats just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Paqueta probably will leave. The board aren't looking for a RW, the wingers we are linked are Everton, De Paul, Lozano, Chiesa. Only Chiesa is RW. Looks like they gonna sign one more LW.
Suso would have been terrible, as he doesnt cover much space and always waits for the ball (slow)...with Ibra in the team you need runners and that is why Alexis is favored and also the rise in Kessie, Rebic and others... we have the same situation as with 1st Ibra reign ... remember Noceriono, Boateng and others after Ibra left? that's right

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
What are you smoking?
Suso is history and will be the next Messi in La Liga.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Suso would have been terrible, as he doesnt cover much space and always waits for the ball (slow)...with Ibra in the team you need runners and that is why Alexis is favored and also the rise in Kessie, Rebic and others... we have the same situation as with 1st Ibra reign ... remember Noceriono, Boateng and others after Ibra left? that's right
Even Robinho was better player with Ibra around.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Chiesa? Well the dream Italian duo to get would obviously be him and Tonali. Paqueta out and Tonali in? I wish Paqueta would work out for us, but I kind of doubt it, we got no confidence in him.

I dont see how Kessie been affected by Zlatan that way. Instead he has just started taking much better decisions and use the ball and his body better. Alexis on the other hand is one of those players who improve the team with his runs (which open spaces), but isn't really that great himself. Often though it is important to have a player like that.

·
va' fancul
1,900 Posts
Late to the news about Conti having his knee opened up by a surgeon - once again.

I think its time to cut our losses on him or at least find a more solid replacement because Calabria is not a starting-caliber player for a top 5 team in the Italian League.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Terrible luck for Conti.

I would be happy to keep Calabria as a back-up. For Europa/Coppa he is good enough. As noted before he is an obvious choice to make money due to the capital gain, but if the club don't desperately need that cash, then maybe keep him at least for another season.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Has anyone followed the Sassuolo RW Boga ... ex Chelsea I think. he is highly regarded and costs around 30m. Napoli apparently offered 25m... they already spent 70m in one player ffs

81 - 100 of 115 Posts