Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
I think we definitely need an extra attacking player, either wide or as forward. Ideally a winger who can play both sides, since Rebic seems more of a forward, especially in this formation.

But I really hope we stop buying subs, like yet another a second-rate LB to replace Rodriguez and be Theo's understudy. If that's the case, as it's usually been with our signings, I'd rather we save the money, play some kids in these squad roles, and use the funds in a proper signing later. Or at least buy some promising players, but no more player to fill the squad.

I keep thinking we'd have about twice the money and we'd be no worse if we had kept Cristante, Locatelli, Cutrone, Verdi, etc. instead of buying Kessié, Biglia, Piatek, and Hakan. Same with Conti, really no difference in quality with Calabria, yet we spent so much...

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So, it seems Suso is likely good enough for a team challenging for CL qualification in a top league. ;)
I hope Sevilla qualify for the CL...that’s part of the obligation!!! We don’t need him crawling back to us

a character who threw in the towel when he lost his starting place
More of Rebic type please...everyone has to fight for their place.

A donkey who thinks he is a stallion.
Glad I was right all this while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The curse of no. 9 continue....just after 1 year this number will be available again.

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
I think we rushed to sell everyone so quickly. What a shame.

As with almost all new managers, the initial spark will only be temporary but in this case, all those that lost their place are immediately being sold. Seriously wow.

And as much as I love Zlatan and his effect on the team, it is certainly not wise to rely on him alone as the main striker. Another WTF moment as to why the heck we let Cutrone go.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
We got an amazing deal on Piatek. 28m, outright sale, after this horrid season? Don't tell me he didn't get service, he's been missing chances and his first touch and passing has been terrible. He is second to every ball. I think it's a miracle we got such a good deal and I don't blame Boban for capitalizing. There's a very good chance Piatek was just a one season wonder.

Regarding Suso, he clearly wanted to GTFO. He wasn't even trying the last few games. I will never blame a manager for getting rid of a player who does not want to be there. It drags the whole team down otherwise. It was simply time for him to go.

RR seems like a crappy deal on paper, we're selling him for peanuts. But that's probably because he sucks and no one wanted to spend anything on him. Good to dump his salary.

All in all this is very good business IMO. Do we now need another striker and a LB? Sure. But there's still a day left in the market, maybe they have signings lined up. If not, we can just promote a couple youth players as backups and have more spending money in summer. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
We could have sold Piatek for over 50m in the Summer after his amazing season...

I agree with what was said above I think, dont invest and waste money on Subs/reserves ffs. That's how we ended up in this mess. just buy proven starters and fill up the team with promising youngsters from the primavera. There wasnt much difference from Piatek to Daniele Maldini in the attack but we would have saved 38m ;)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Amazing? we bought him for 35M + 3M bonus, total 38M.
That's not how it works, with amortization we probably broke even or recorded just a slight loss. We also save on his salary, if you factor that then this is a profit in the accounting books.

Look, if he kept playing like this we would have had a garbage player with no value and high salary in no time. There's a reason most teams only wanted him on loan: there's a very big chance he was a one season wonder. We avoided a huge financial disaster. So yes, I think it's an amazing deal.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Regarding Suso, he clearly wanted to GTFO. He wasn't even trying the last few games. I will never blame a manager for getting rid of a player who does not want to be there. It drags the whole team down otherwise. It was simply time for him to go.
I was kidding of course; I tend to agree that it was time for him to go. I don't know if he wasn't even trying, there's always been a series of issues with his body language, I don't see a big difference. He hardly even played anyway.

I am more mixed than you about Piatek, though. I can completely understand why they sold, but also he had done enough to deserve at least an extra half a season. He had six extremely good months and six very poor ones.

RR, whatever.

But I do feel strongly about stopping this revolving door policy of signing Laxalts and Rodriguez the like and loaning them when a new coach prefers someone else and using them and replacing them with similar players, endless loop of spending millions and not having any sort of football project. The best recipe to become a club like Genoa is to act like them.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
I prefer that to Januzaj, just seems more exciting, but have never seen him play. From the videos looks like a right-footed, quick player who plays on both wings.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I think we rushed to sell everyone so quickly. What a shame.

As with almost all new managers, the initial spark will only be temporary but in this case, all those that lost their place are immediately being sold. Seriously wow.

And as much as I love Zlatan and his effect on the team, it is certainly not wise to rely on him alone as the main striker. Another WTF moment as to why the heck we let Cutrone go.
Did you even watch the matches from 2020 onwards.
  • We don’t rely on a single player to create. Some here worship him like a messiah!
  • we can counter attack with speed now
  • the striker scored goals!
  • zlatan missed a few sitters but prove we finally able to supply upfront.
There are a few more that need their position taken away...

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
126 games, 55 goals + assists for Suso at Milan.

Quite a few in big games and very high quality too.

Too bad he had these horrible patches of form, was tactically one dimensional, and above all that fans turned against him.

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
Did you even watch the matches from 2020 onwards.
  • We don’t rely on a single player to create. Some here worship him like a messiah!
  • we can counter attack with speed now
  • the striker scored goals!
  • zlatan missed a few sitters but prove we finally able to supply upfront.
There are a few more that need their position taken away...

Obviously I hope this continues. But as I mentioned, every new manager brings about some kind of spark.

We have sold some major players with ZERO real reinforcements. What happens when the spark fades?

I said before, we can't even beat freaking Leipzig to a signing from Croatia.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
American not signed, allegedly some logistical problem with the medicals? Total WTF situation. Laxalt has come back.

I don't mind the outcome, IMO what we should have done anyway instead of spending money on a sub who comes from a struggling team in the second division of a foreign league.

But this is just not a great look for the club, the guy reportedly was in Milano and had passed everything. We seem to have a very hard time closing deals.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
According to Di Marzio at least, Milan see the Belgian primarily as a fullback.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts