Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Administrator
52,909 Posts
Some sources mentioned that Dani Olmo is a done deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY amazing signing if you get this one done. This kid is the real deal. Kinda wish he was in Juve's radar.

Exactly the kind of signing you and any rebuilding upper level club should sign. Is bound to breakout big with his next move.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Great signing if it's true, he's such a versatile player. I'm curious which of our midfielder will be getting sold.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Suso for sure I'd think. They should not need to be super picky about the price tag either, since he was signed for very cheap. Paquetá seems very likely to go. Sad case that he never did anything for us. I'd keep him, but it seems the coach does not like him, his body language is visibly wrong, etc.

Hakan is also mentioned but I'd personally keep him for the season unless there's a good offer. It seems more and more clear he is not good enough, but at least he is improving and he tries a lot, has the right attitude and tactical discipline.

I would not get rid of Kessie for now either, but we need a better CM/DM sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Di Marzio is pouring cold water on Olmo transfer as of now. Milan and his agent has big differences in the figure demanded.
If we are willing to wait till the season end, I am sure he will be swooped by the other clubs.

Hope we get this done in January itself.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Di Marzio is pouring cold water on Olmo transfer as of now. Milan and his agent has big differences in the figure demanded.
If we are willing to wait till the season end, I am sure he will be swooped by the other clubs.

Hope we get this done in January itself.

Absolutely. Snatch him ASAP. I imagine that may be the reason some of the other teams he was linked with backed off, but he seems a bit of a bargain, one of the most visibly up-and-coming attacking mids in Europe at the moment.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Olmo agent put Raiola to shame with 7m commission.
That’s more than 20% of the transfer amount asking for

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it was the same amount Pato's agents asked for. EUR15m + EUR7m in commissions = EUR22m.

Can't get over the fact Kaka only cost EUR7m though ?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Sounds like Olmo to Milan really has gone cold. Too bad.

It's happened too often the last few seasons: there's always a reasonable explanation, but we just can't seem to afford or manage to attract the players we want.

Second best when you're already looking at a second tier tends to not be good enough. I'm sure Duarte, Krunic, Leao, and whoever me may sign instead of Olmo are not bad players, but they don't really lift the team in any meaningful way, at least not immediately and in the way a player in red hot form, closing his peak, or first tier in terms of class. Compare those guys's impact to some players who were the first options and we did manage to sign: Theo, Piatek (when we signed him), Zlatan.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Leipzig signed Olmo, and Paqueta is not in the squad for Brescia.

I wish Paqueta had more chances, he has so much talent, I think he could be a huge star in the right team.

That said I wonder who we gonna (or can) get to replace him.

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
I find it weird that just because of a short spell of bad form, suddenly we are selling all the best players we have. Not to mention the coach is just a short term solution..

After selling, then what? Can't even beat freaking Leipzig to a signing.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It is weird. Especially Piatek and Paqueta... We spent a lot of money on that pair, and both are decent players, but we probably won’t even break even.

As long as we don’t have a proper manager....

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I find it weird that just because of a short spell of bad form, suddenly we are selling all the best players we have. Not to mention the coach is just a short term solution..

After selling, then what? Can't even beat freaking Leipzig to a signing.
Can you define all the best players?
Why are they not starting or why do they throw in the towel instead of fighting for the starting position

Ibra arrival really change the landscape. It’s very clear.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Without a sporting success there is f hard to sell even the talented players like Paqueta and Piatek (and Suso). Clubs want them but they arent ready to pay even close to what we did just a year ago.

I think the club made many mistakes with Paqueta, and could have handled the situation better especially since with Ibra in the team he could have been very helpful competing with Samu for the RM position and even as a central mid since we dont have a replacement for Bennacer. BUT, also Paqueta didnt help with his poor performances. He needed a Rebic like performance and the situation could have changed. Even though first half season Paqueta was very good.

AND more important we shouldnt get rid of players with great potential like Paqueta or even Piatek. Keep in mind Ibra is 38y old.

Donna/Begovic
Conti/Cala - Kjaer/Musachio - Roma/Gabia/Duarte - Theo(primavera if needed)
Samu/Paqueta - Kessie/Krunic - Bennacer/Paqueta - Rebic/Hakan
Ibra/Piatek - Leao/Paqueta?!

Biglia is out and Bona is not extending the contract, Suso seems to be on the way out as well. So we are very thin in some positions.

If we sell Suso, Piatek and Paqueta and RR for cheap lets say 20m each and 5m RR = 65mE available BUT dont know who you can buy for that amount that will guarantee success. We will have to gamble again and if the team doesnt perform they will lose their value as well and the vicious circle will continue.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
At least right now we are very clear who need to go and replacement.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Bakayoko or someone like him playing beside Ismael will give bite and grit. We were overrun in the middle of the park against Brescia.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Bakayoko or someone like him playing beside Ismael will give bite and grit. We were overrun in the middle of the park against Brescia.

Completely agree.

It's also worth noting most teams play three midfielders (and if not, often three CBs so they pack the center anyway), so we're bound to be overrun many times with this formation unless our two CMs do very very well and the whole team is extremely compact.

I think Bennacer needs to do a bit better too. I like him a lot. He asks for the ball and tries things and has energy. He has the personality and the technique. The quality is there. He is a lot better than most CMs we've had in a long while and certainly good for the money we paid. He would probably improve with a better partner in central midfield and with better players around him overall, and with a bit more experience playing for a big club. Still, as it is, he is hardly making key passes, nor setting the tempo of the game, and also he is not a real a presence in either box. Just not influential enough.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I am a Sevilla fan till end of the month

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Suso to Sevilla, Rodriguez to PSV?, and Piatek to Hertha Berlin? only 2 days left for transfer, who will replace them?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
So, it seems Suso is likely good enough for a team challenging for CL qualification in a top league. ;)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I know that Olmo was more expensive than the news papers were reporting, but nothing outrageous for a potential WC player...Could we not have used the Suso, Rodriguez maybe Piatek money for Olmo. It's not like there were no buyers for especially Suso and Piatek.
We missed out on a big chance to buy Olmo, really a shame unless we have another big talent on the radar..
A bit comforting though that Rebic is beginning to show his worth

21 - 40 of 115 Posts