Xtratime Community banner

241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Rudiger is not even in their bench for last few matches. What sort of fued did he have with Lampard?

As for Kabak whole team is underperforming.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Kabak refused us and signed for Schalke last year for 15m. Now they sit bottom of Bundesliga and he hasn't performed well the last year so how can Schalke even ask for more money?!
I wouldn't sign him either way.

Get Rudiger on loan and see what would be available next season.

To bad Bakayoko went to Napoli. Him instead of Krunic would have made our midfield one of the best in A. And what is worst now they increased chances to qualify for CL. Juve, Ata and Inter are already qualified. So we will again fight for 4th place with a bunch of teams and it wouldnt even be remotely easy...Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Viola.... And probably some surprise package.

Another 5th place would be a serious blow ffs.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I hope we are not going for a panic buy here. Kabaks whole team though are in pretty bad shape; therefore we are looking for bargain here.

Sad to see Baka joining General Gatusso; he got his tank for his midfield and will be competitive. I Guess when we took him on loan we paid 3.5 Mio; now Napoli has paid 4.5 M.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
To bad Bakayoko went to Napoli. Him instead of Krunic would have made our midfield one of the best in A. And what is worst now they increased chances to qualify for CL. Juve, Ata and Inter are already qualified. So we will again fight for 4th place with a bunch of teams and it wouldnt even be remotely easy...Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Viola.... And probably some surprise package.

Another 5th place would be a serious blow ffs.
This may be oversimplistic, but IMO if we replicate the post-lockdown form of last season, we qualify. If we don't play to that level then we could end up outside the top four. So the team just has to do what it is capable of doing, what it knows it can do.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Napoli could lose the game against Juve on the table and possibly be deducted 1 point.

Laxalt to Celtic on a dry loan.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Who is at fault; Napoli were allowed to travel or City restrictions were there? They can still appeal?

Laxalt one make sense since arrival of Dalot.

·
va' fancul
1,911 Posts
So it turns out Chiesa is going to Juve afterall.

After literally a decade of Juve winning championships it seems that clubs in Italy still don't care that they're handing over their best players to Juventus. Lets see if they win 10 more in a row if that will change anything...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Really disappointed in our search for a central defender. No plan at all. We knew we desperately needed another defender a month ago and we are on our, what, 9th option now?

Fofana
Milenkovic
Pezzalla
Nastasic
Kobak
Ajer
Nacho
Rudiger
and now Simaken

·
Registered
206 Posts
So it turns out Chiesa is going to Juve afterall.

After literally a decade of Juve winning championships it seems that clubs in Italy still don't care that they're handing over their best players to Juventus. Lets see if they win 10 more in a row if that will change anything...
Chiesa is overrated, and doesn't improve Juve imo. Fiorentina did the right thing, Chiesa wanted to leave and they are getting about 50m in the middle of a down market. Good business.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
Not signing another CB is the only real negative in this mercato, which is outweighed by the positives.

IMO the biggest positive is that we retained all the players that we wish to keep. After our post-lockdown run of form, we could have seen the likes of Hakan and Kessie attracting the attention of CL clubs. It's been a while since we went into a new season with the same coach, a set way of playing and the same core squad.

Regarding the CB issue - if Romagnoli and Kjaer can stay fit then it is manageable. The compromise needs to be Europa League. Don't risk playing key players in a tournament that doesn't matter. If we crash out of the group stage playing Gabbia/Musacchio/Duarte, so be it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
True; Pioli has been seeking a CB since the start of the mercato. We should have set dialogues with the potentials a week back not the very last day.

Sux to see few older targets also moved for eg: Todibo to on loan to Benfica for 2 Mio; Joachim from Lyon to Fulham. Rudigers salary cud have been an issue or perhaps we avoided dealing with Chelsea further. We cud have a put a cheeky loan bid to our neighbours for Skriniar. Kabak/Tomiyasu could have been sealed for 20. I hope all our defenders stay healthy till winter.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
I am satisfied with the mercato :D no really.

Low cost but with potential.

The key was keeping Ibra. Now his health and fitness will be determinant of our successful CL bid or to yet another failure in that regard.

We completed the signing of Rebic for undisclosed sum, but most probably a direct swap with Silva. So finally something good came of the Andre Silva transfer :)

Also good business getting Kjaer for 3.5m. He has been a rock in the defence.

We also payed 3.5m for the useful Saelsmakers. The bad news here os that we dont really have a competent starter at Right wing.

Tonali was the highlight signing for initial 10m and future 15m plus 10m in add ons if I am not mistaken. While we did well to get one of the most spoken about Ita midfielders, his first few games arent something to get to exited about. He might have physical issues or tactical... Even Pirlo needed time and "failed" at Inter :) still I won't get my hopes up with him and having Bennacer and Kessie as starters helps.

Hauge for 5m is another low cost good potential signing. Don't know anything about him, just that he scored a great goal vs us.

Brahim and Dalot on dry loans with optiin to negotiate their transfers later on. This is risky for us as if they perform their price would go up and would be difficult to sign if not than of course we won't have any interest signing them :) Both are highly regarded, but mostly about their potential not their previous performances. Good to have them as options at AMC and RB.

Interesting that wr signed a bunch of youngsters for the primavera.

I think we spent some 20m this transfer period and confirmed our best players from post Covid restart and added some young players with good potential to grow. Yes we didn't sign the needed and wanted CD but maybe that was the best as the management would have overpaid for unproven players AND thankfully Gabbia is showing that he can be trusted. Hope that the trio Roma, Kjaer and Gabbia wont get injured at the same time, bc Mushacio and Duarte are amateur league players ffs. Let's see what options in the defence will be presented in January. Also RW is light weight with Alexis and Samu... Hope Hauge surprises us and plays there. RB Calabria had some good ganes recently and Dalot can rotate with him.

Would give the mercato a 6.5/10

Out:
Paqueta to Lyon for 20m, Suso 24m, Silva 9m
Free Biglia, Bona, Reina
Loan Laxalt (Celtic), Pobega (Spezia)

Players that should be released or sold ASAP : Mushacio, Duarte, Samu, Conti

·
Scudetto
23,400 Posts
Saelemakers was also signed as RB no? Now playing across the attacking three.

I think I'm disappointed we didn't get a proper CB and slightly so a very good winger, although this was made lighter with the acquisition of Hague.

Perhaps the strategy with a CB was to wait out to the last minute and see who was the most desperate to sell. Looks like all called our bluff then. I would have really liked Kabak. A pity.

Key now is to remember that the next window is a mere 8 weeks away. The management can still continue working while we hope the team keeps grinding out wins.

Side note: How many of you are on Milan's Reddit sub? BRUTAL! :D

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Kabak is strong for his age and had played most games with Schalke; whole team is underperforming now. They had a rejected a bid from Liverpool for 24 Mio too. Schalke also had Todibo for the second half of last season.

Gabbia was ok for the last 6 matches he played; hope he is motivated and improves.

Real test is after international break starting with Derby.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
@zoo good post but I would say Alexis is the 'competent' right mid ;). The question is how Hauge will perform on the right, and if Samu can offer anything useful. For a while the question had been how can we bolster the right flank (RB and RM) and the answer has come in the form of Calabria and Alexis.

Regarding Dalot. Seems he is primarily a right-back but can play on the left. That has to be the case, given that Laxalt has gone so we only have Theo. Perhaps Laxalt pushed for a move otherwise I would have liked to seen him stay. He's a decent back-up.

When does the winter mercato open? If it's the usual time, then we can hopefully manage the CB situation until then and make a smart signing. As mentioned, we were linked with so many random names. It could have been a panic/desperation situation which we end up regretting.

@jani not a fan of reddit, more histrionics and less respect between members.

·
Scudetto
23,400 Posts
[USER=13826]@jani not a fan of reddit, more histrionics and less respect between members.
Exactly. I was rather taken aback. Though no denying their platform is the most popular so I dabbled there.

Recently I posted a comment saying Theo will leave Milan/Italy if we/the league doesn't improve (because he didn't get the France NT call-up).

People literally cursed at me for such an innocent comment :D

Weird members.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
We need to be pragmatic too. Despite COVID, you have clubs like Man City paying £62 million for Ruben Dias. If Theo has another great season and we qualify for CL, they could be huge offers coming in for him, with big salary offers to match. What then? Milan will surely give better salaries to certain players if we qualify, but we simply cannot match the richest clubs in this respect.

Now if we don't qualify then the situation is worse. More incentive for him to go, more incentive for the club to sell after missing out on CL money.

This is why Pioli really need to be uncompromising with Europa League rotation. Cannot have a situation where guys like Theo, our starting CBs, etc, are fatigued (or worse injured) from EL which then compromises our Serie A campaign.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Agreed Rod; there were many fans complaining for Piolis rotation for against Spezia. Some fail to realize that we were playing 3 matches in a period of 10 days.

We have a pretty young squad, and if done well yes we will have offers for Theo/Ben/Kessie and perhaps others too.

I am not sure abouts Elliot intention; current scenario with Gazidiz at helm; i have nightmares thinking that all shall we become a club like Arsenal or Utd now where focus is for CL qualification and generate revenues. I hope management has an ambition.

Pioli so far has managed the squad well but he has given an additional task this year. If he can motivate the squad like he did for the second half; then do able to achieve top 4 finish. EL is a different ball game all together.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts