Ok...it’s already 2020.
We have Zlatan as the big transfer.
Kjaer is also confirmed.

We expected a few more to leave the club too very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Scudetto
23,353 Posts
Yup looks like your dream of seeing Suso go will happen. Together with Piatek and Paqueta. Crazy.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Begovic is official and Pepe Reina is gone -- I have not seen Begovic in a while but IMO he's a better keeper than Reina, or was when both were at their prime. Reina seems to have been a good guy to have in the squad though, probably has been a positive influence for Donnarumma.

Kjaer also done and Caldara out. This is a much less positive change, but regardless of the potential Caldara was just no contributing to the team, whereas Kjaer may play.

A ton of other rumors afoot, from more CBs to a AML, and I guess we'll have to see if Suso, Piatek and others leave, surely that will influence incoming players too.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
What's up everybody!!! Happy new year! Happy 2020 - the year of the New Milan!

With Ibra coming things have begun to turn. They are obviously getting more experience now and getting rid of a lot of that mediocre core we have.
The big one is LVMH of course ;)

Will be fun January boys.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
good to see the positive attitude Bono return :)

If Paolo and Boban were smart would sell Suso, Hakan and Piatek and get one very good player (instead of these average ones). For example, Erikssen who is available now. Also if they decide to sell Paqueta as well, than ask some good player in return from PSG.

·
Registered
23,851 Posts
Paqueta and piatek are normally not the ones we should sell, but understandably they are the ones that could bring money. Question is what we could get for Suso and while borini sucks i am still appelled we let him go for free. What a waste.
IMO Kessie and Suso are the ones we should look at getting money for first.

will we get anything for Rodrigues by the way? I honestly cant believe all the heat boban/maldini got, when all the real wasted money and players that dont perform was brought in by failobelli.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
That's true. Pound by pound the signings of Maldini and co. have been so much better or have so much more potential than those of Fassobelli (and Leonardo: Higuain fiasco, Laxalt, Castillejo).

At the same time the results are key, and the current management screwed up big time with the manager selection. As much as I did not like him, "luck" and whatnot, Gattuso worked for us.

·
Registered
23,851 Posts
I dont agree that Gattuso worked for us. He had one lucky period that coincided with major competition sucking badly and we still didnt make it. That with all the spending and Higuain followed by current top goalscorer Piatek.

Good point about Leonardo though.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
I bitched about Gattuso all day, but he almost got us there, we competed in League and Cup.

Regardless — above all else, we need to get the coach right. I don’t know how many times we have said that.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Rumor heating up that we'd like to replace Suso with Roma's Under. He seemed very talented and I saw him score a couple of amazing goals, but I have not watched him extensively.

I keep hearing that "we don't need wingers because we now play two forwards" -- crazy talk. We've played two forwards for a grand total of two games, not including a few early in the season, under the tactical genius. And we need to have options to play a number of different ways; managers change formation very often. We don't really even know who will be the coach next season and how long Zlatan will last.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
I wish we could get Lozano who is not playing much for Napoli. That would be a better exchange
100%. They paid a lot of money for him though, we'd need to give them a hefty sum in addition to any exchange.

·
Registered
15,579 Posts
I'm surprised by how little I care about anybody coming or going. Obviously getting Zlatan was fun and will make the games more enjoyable to watch.

But even he is only on a 6 months contract. The whole team feels in a limbo, everybody is on their way out. As they should be, mind you, I've lost patience with all of them basically. With all the sale rumors, even the management feels in limbo.

Such uncertain times.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Based on Vito, the number of players going out is part of the need for the new owner to fill up.

Well, I don’t know but time will tell. This IF this club is sold.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some sources mentioned that Dani Olmo is a done deal...

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Yeah Olmo on paper should be fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Seems like Olmo is leaving his current club for sure. The question is if we'll manage to get him; he's been rumored to Chelsea very recently among other big clubs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts