Xtratime Community banner

1041 - 1060 of 1069 Posts

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,041
Borini makes a good team player. Willing to play his guts out in any position when called upon.
I wouldn’t sell him.

I am interested how this team will play with Ibra in the set up...Formation wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042
Todibo will arrive.
Heck the defense is more critical now?

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
Borini makes a good team player. Willing to play his guts out in any position when called upon.
I wouldn’t sell him.
He sucks in all positions. We got many mediocre players, he is a bad player. He loses the ball to much and easily dribbled. His running is only useful when better players can deliver balls or use space opened up by his running. If not, then he is like a black hole sucking energy from the team.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Happy new year guys!

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,046
He sucks in all positions. We got many mediocre players, he is a bad player. He loses the ball to much and easily dribbled. His running is only useful when better players can deliver balls or use space opened up by his running. If not, then he is like a black hole sucking energy from the team.
Remove the mediocre players who disguise as WC players. This is what should be done first. Borini is Borini... not some kind of Messi or Ronaldo wannabe.

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
To me it sounds like you want us to get rid of our good but not great players before a bad one. And just keep borini because he is ”not-a-wanna-be-superstar”. This is wierd since You are like the only one saying they (Suso mostly) are just that.

we should sell players after their real value to the team, not their percieved value or status.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,048
With Ibra being the reference of our game soon. It will be much easier to pin point on our weakness.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,049
Lets hope the start of the new century will see change in this club.

Some positives:
  • Milan is still second in the CL clubs.
  • youngest squad in Serie A

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,050
Eriksen is available in Jan for 20m

Laudrup where are you

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Eriksen would be a dream and finally someone that can make the difference in our midfield. I say spend the money on him and give him whatever he wants.

Btw this Todibo guy is he any good? The positive is he has a little experience at Barca and wont be intimidated that much by San Siro.

Donna
Conti - Todibo? - Roma - Theo
Paqueta - Bennacer - Bona
Eriksen
Ibra - Piantek/Leao

We can get some money if we sell: Suso, Samu, RR, Biglia, Hakan, Muscahio, Borini :)

We dont need such a big squad when we play only Serie A.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Eriksen leaves CL finalist Tottenham for free, because they arent ambitious enough, to sign with this Milan?

Yeah, this dude will decline all Italian options most likely, even Juve. He is Real Madrid bound, or PSG/Barca I'm guessing.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,053

Zlatan with the Milan team on his first appearance.

Please put the photo on his first match soon with this team....let’s reality sink in.

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
potentially i think a bennacer, hakan and paqueta could form a really good midfield. Of course hakan could be improved upon, someone with muscle and skill. Tonali!

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
potentially i think a bennacer, hakan and paqueta could form a really good midfield. Of course hakan could be improved upon, someone with muscle and skill. Tonali!
I keep thinking a few of our players are or would be at least decent under the right guidance and with 2-3 improvements around them.

I think the manager remains the key. Until we invest in a good manager and convince them to come, we are throwing money away in the hope of getting lucky/staying afloat, like we did last season. Giampaolo was a very long shot but at least they tried to build something around a manager. I always thought he was a baffling choice, but not even I, who was very skeptic, remotely imagined he would have such a terrible start. Whereas Pioli is obviously a very short term solution.

And that is because almost as much as better players, we need players who complement each other. We have the same issue manifesting itself all over the field: a poorly constructed squad. Not the right partner for Romagnoli; not a good replacement for Bakayoko when it was obvious someone of his characteristics improved the team a lot; Kessié constantly used in a role where he does not improve; Paquetá never finding a place where he makes any difference; Hakan used as LW for two years despite not really working there; Leao signed one would think with Giampaolo's formation in mind and clearly not ready despite being the most expensive signing; not having a proper LW when Suso remains an important part of the attack but can only play RW; spending good money on the likes of Castillejo who are completely redundant, a general lack of leadership, etc.

There are many reasons for this, from a bloated wage bill to big transfers gone wrong, but IMO the absolute crucial aspect is lacking a manager who identifies what the team needs and is trusted to build around an idea (and not necessarily a formation, which to me was a sign of Giampaolo's hard-headedness).

More specifically to your point, I keep wondering if Bennacer is a proper regista in a 3-men midfield -- I think not for now. He has the personality for it, but not the consistency. I'd rather see him in a mixed role (mezzala if we keep playing three men) where his dynamism could be put to better use, and indeed someone like Tonali as the midfield pivot.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
At the end of the day we still play 4-3-3 with slow wingers so I don't see how it ever works. Just hoping for some Ibra magic.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
We have extremely slow attack but also midfield. IMO Leao has to be integrated in the first team to use his speed.

PS how come Todibo and Demirel cost so much when they haven't played a game in one year and 6months respectively?! Caldara costed a fortune and now probably cost few pennies, ok he had bad injuries but is still young and was way more promising than those two mentioned above.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,058
At the end of the day we still play 4-3-3 with slow wingers so I don't see how it ever works. Just hoping for some Ibra magic.
Right now it’s about magnifying the problems. With Ibra in the team we will have a clear cut the pretenders and the real deal.
Lets see...

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
we have a game in 2h and 60k fans will be present in San Siro and what are we doing here...not even a thread about it :D

XT is dying :)

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
So Caldara is a goner it seems....

1041 - 1060 of 1069 Posts