Xtratime Community banner

1021 - 1040 of 1069 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,021
So Paqueta news of going to PSG is gaining momentum. Leo see him of an asset.

To be frank, Paqueta is hard to give an exact review since he joined us. Never hit potential but this could be due to the situation in this team.
When I say he never proven his potential, he is always played out wide to cater to the formation (Accommodate certain limited players).

This narrow view put some other players at the same situation. Bennacer could be another one who suffer the same situation. To certain extent Leao, we don’t exploit their speed and tenacity that Theo is providing on the left (this you when playing 4-3-3).
Rebic & Krunic has not been given enough playing time...

Before the year end, we need to ponder are we going on a wrong decision of losing talented young players all over again and keeping the limited players as a form of stability in this club.
Playing it safe...

Banter on 4-3-3 formation always happened since the Chinese took over...some said formation is just a formation but some posters & myself already emphasis we don’t really have the players in this group to play with this formation.

Happy holidays everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Zlatan is back per Di Marzio. He accepted Milan's offer, no details yet though.

Really curious to see how this changes our play. Our strategy of having Suso and Hakan sending in hopeless crosses doesn't exactly fit with Zlatan's technical game.

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts
Cant Hakan or Paqueta play trequartista? Anyways, curious to see what a 39 year old Zlatan can do.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Cant Hakan or Paqueta play trequartista? Anyways, curious to see what a 39 year old Zlatan can do.
They could, but it's not their natural position and nothing suggests they would play well in that role.

But . . . if Zlatan can get Nocerino into the Azzurri, maybe he can make Paq and Hakan look like Ronaldinho and Kaka.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
For 4-3-3 we have no wingers, for 4-3-1-2 we have no trequartista. Great squad building.
I think Hakan and Jack can play as trequartista, while Paqueta as Mezzala.
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Bennacer, Paqueta; Hakan/Jack; Zlatan, Piatek.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I think Zlatan will just bench Piatek for now.

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
How about Zlatan as trequartista? Wouldn't be in the traditional sense, but could suit him. Free role behind Piatek and Leao. Piatek as the main striker, playing off the opposition's backline. Leao drifting wide.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It could well work, as would a number of formations, but they won’t happen. We know how Serie A managers operate.

IMO it will be either Zlatan as a striker alone or just behind/alongside Piatek.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Zlatan is back per Di Marzio. He accepted Milan's offer, no details yet though.

Really curious to see how this changes our play. Our strategy of having Suso and Hakan sending in hopeless crosses doesn't exactly fit with Zlatan's technical game.
Zlatan, especially now that he is older do score plenty on headers. He is tall and strong and difficult to move.

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
Don't know what to think about this move.

1. Of course it's always good to have champions in the team even if they are 38y old/
2. Still this is a short term move and has a great chance of not working out.
3. Hopefully it will inspire the other players and will relieve from the pressure so they can at least perform to their potential.
4. This limits the playing time of the younger players (even though they havent shown much).

The postilions that we need urgent change are:
1. Central defense - Musachio being one of the worst starting defenders we have had the last 40 years.
2. Right Midfielder instead of Kessie
3. Depending of the formation: Proper Left winger or Proper traquertista
4. Right back - Conti and calabria have been hugely disappointing one of the worst RB in the league
5. Again depending on the formation: replacement for Suso.

Welcome Ibra, hope you can do some magic and bring us in the CL.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not a bad get, considering it was a free transfer, he should transform our attack and mids into something we havent seen in a long time.

The question really should be, can we bring in another 2-3 players that would be upgrades/starters over Musacchio, Kessie, etc.? and the bigger questions upgrades over hakan, suso, and castillejo?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,037
Zlatan, especially now that he is older do score plenty on headers. He is tall and strong and difficult to move.
So does the players around him that is difficult to move. And they are young.....
Suso with the highest assist in the leagues when season end

So he is basically to bring us back on track till season end. What after that?!
Lets be ignorant for a while.....wipe away the sorrow for now.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,038
Not a bad get, considering it was a free transfer, he should transform our attack and mids into something we havent seen in a long time.

The question really should be, can we bring in another 2-3 players that would be upgrades/starters over Musacchio, Kessie, etc.? and the bigger questions upgrades over hakan, suso, and castillejo?
Free transfer? He cost a bomb for a 38. Contract of 6 months?
I don’t mind actually as he will fix out short term issue.
Still this doesn’t solve our root cause. All other players suddenly become world class act. Joke.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Free transfer? He cost a bomb for a 38. Contract of 6 months?
I don’t mind actually as he will fix out short term issue.
Still this doesn’t solve our root cause. All other players suddenly become world class act. Joke.

His salary is quite large, but it's only for 6-18 months, not a huge investment by any means. It seems low risk, high reward. He still has a lot to offer and will make the players around him better, like other great players in other sports do. yes, he's 38, but like other freak athletes he can still play at a high level. His presence alone will help the team progress. I agree it doesn't solve our issue looking into the future. But it's a nice band aid to help us score goals now and the key for Milan in the coming months is to find that player or 2 who can who can dominate play and score goals from up front.

What if Ibra ends up being super successful in serie a again and he ends up going out with a bang and retiring as a Milan player.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
I am not as critical of Boban/Maldini as some are here, even if their choice of managers have not impressed.

First of all, they got the only real relevation among our signings since Berlusconi in Theo. And their biggest failure is Rebic, who costed us almost nothing.

As for now. I would not sell Paqueta, but if someone is interested I would sell Kessie and Borini. and Rodrigues of course. IMO the three players we got with the most potential is Paqueta, Bennacer and Leao. Kessie is just the player that could be like Gattuso or Nocerino, someone who is really good if used well. That said I would be interested seeing how he would do with Zlatan in attack.

1021 - 1040 of 1069 Posts