Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started this season campaign as favourites for promotion.Everything seemed right,we got new coach before July and also most of the squad was there too.Ghirardi probably thought that we need experienced coach for serie B and I understand that even though at that time I thought that Ballardini(now coach of Palermo) is a better candidate for our bench.But now after 4th round we have only 4 points and things aren't good,so this may be the right time to think about some new names for our bench.Today's Gazzetta mentions Novellino again as the prime candidate,but in my opinion, we should think about Donadoni who is free now after expirience with Italian national team or maybe even Guidolin or Zac.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Get Di Carlo back, a coach who knows that Parma can embarass ANY team in this division and won't mess around with 5 midfielders against a shite team. Cagni is not the man for the job, he is a survival coach, not a coach to get us promoted, just like Di Carlo is not a survival coach but will sure as hell get us back to Serie A. I would like Guidolin, I doubt the other two would consider coming to Parma.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I was against Di Carlo getting sacked in the first place, at least getting relegated would have been much more fun with him, so I'd obviously like him to be re-appointed.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'd personally back Di Carlo, i think he'd steamroller serie b with the squad we've got.
Cagni is a sissy when it comes down to it, he's too scared to stick to a formation that suits the team in case he messes with players, he needs to toughen up and shape up quick or he's out i'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I'll i have to say is that I really liked the football we played under Domenico Di Carlo.

- Uptempo, direct, while still keeping possession ... everything with purpose, and never afraid to go for results

I want that back.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I see what you guys are saying..... but Di Carlo got us relegated. Yes we played pretty football, but that pretty football also involved forgetting about having a defence. I really liked Di Carlo, and i know Bucci pretty much got us relegated with his many mistakes, but i don't think the best way to go forward is to go back.... i never liked managers (or players for that matter) returning to clubs anyway.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I see what you guys are saying..... but Di Carlo got us relegated. Yes we played pretty football, but that pretty football also involved forgetting about having a defence. I really liked Di Carlo, and i know Bucci pretty much got us relegated with his many mistakes, but i don't think the best way to go forward is to go back.... i never liked managers (or players for that matter) returning to clubs anyway.
I disagree. Our defence got us relegated. The same defence has also got us 5/15 points so far this season in a lower division, against shit forwards like Dedic and Ruopolo.

We also now have some incompetent rat in charge that makes us play the worst brand of football possible.

Di Carlo + this strikeforce = decent chance of promotion.
Cagni + this strikeforce = midtable position.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I posted that before reading through the Frosinone thread (i just got back from a bar) and i am now sure Cagni must go.... however, yes Di Carlo could get our strike force banging in goals left right and centre, but is our defence this year really that much better? i mean scoring goals was never our weakness last year, it was conceding so many!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Pete,Di Carlo knew that the defense he had was shit(not to say something even worse)and he decided to play attacking football to match the absence of the defense.We all know that he asked for some defenders both last summer and in the winter break but he got nothing.
Cagni either he doesn't understand that the defense sacks or his coaching style don't suit in a team that want to get promoted immediately.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I posted that before reading through the Frosinone thread (i just got back from a bar) and i am now sure Cagni must go.... however, yes Di Carlo could get our strike force banging in goals left right and centre, but is our defence this year really that much better? i mean scoring goals was never our weakness last year, it was conceding so many!
Our defence is still absolutely abysmal, we have to put up with this for another year. The only solution is to outscore our opponents, wether it's 4-3 or 6-4.

We must surely have the best offensive weapons in the division, and with a real coach like Di Carlo we can rip up these defences with ease. Hell, it was only a year ago with this same strikeforce - minus Gasbarroni - that we was carving through Inter at the San Siro!

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
OK... my heart has been swayed. Forza Di Carlo!... i'm such a walk-over when pissed, it's excellent, George, Dean, anything you need, i'm there... but just until this booze wears thin.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Last Saturday he made errors by choosing the wrong line up and today I still can't believe in the second half why he substitute Zenoni for Leon!?!?

We are where we are because of our defensive and coach fault IMO.

Did you know that last season who were promoted to Serie A Chievo, Bologna and lecce lost 5 - 6- 5 games from 42? and we already lost 2 from 5 :frustrat:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts