Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday the new season gets underway. Time to see if our new signings are up to it.

According to Gazzetta, the line-up could look something like this.

Carrizo
Lichtsteiner, Siviglia, Rozehnal, Radu
Dabo, Ledesma, Matuzalem
Pandev, Makinwa, Mauri

As we've seen, for some strange reason Rossi prefers Makinwa over Zarate, so the latter will indeed probably start on the bench. Mauri, Menghi and Foggia will also find it difficult to find a place in Rossi's tactics, especially once Rocchi returns. Their best bet is probably a 4-4-2 formation, but at the moment Rossi doesn't seem very inclinded to play that way.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Zarate got an injury in training...also Radu is uncertain to be ready.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
And a day after reports say he's injured, Zarate scores three goals in the final friendly. Rossi, start him at Cagliari!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
From today's final preparation: the formation will most likely be 4-4-2 with the following line-up

Carrizo
Lichtsteiner-Siviglia-Rozehnal-Kolarov
Brocchi-Ledesma-Matuzalem-Mauri
Pandev-Zarate

Two questions remain for rossi: Kolarov or Radu, and Mauri or Foggia. To me it seems ridiculous that we finally have a tactic to fit Foggia and then Brocchi starts over him...:rolleyes:

Good to see that Rossi has finally conceded that Zarate should play ahead of Makinwa, though.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Won`t be able to see the match most probably.

However, I think Rossi will eventually field Makinwa instead of Zarate, even though I would not want that to happen.

Hope for a win really, this year Serie A is quite strong and all points are welcomed.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Poor Foggia, Rocchi is out and you cant play a trident at all but have to play in a set up that suits Foggia perfectly, but he still has to face bench time. Thats a midfield of 4 CMs or hardworking players, no true attacking player, its frigging Cagliari you are facing, not Inter.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
You really shouldn't trust gazzetta dello sport's lineups so much, other psychics, I mean, pundits predict quite different lineups but it's mostly guesswork anyway.

We are doomed if we play with Manfredini and Makinwa, though. If I were to decide, I would either play a trident with Pandev, Zarate and Foggia or play Kolarov as a wide midfielder, it's not as if he likes defending more than attacking and the alternatives for this position are either better in the center - Mauri and Brocchi or mediocre at very best - Manfredini, of course.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
You really shouldn't trust gazzetta dello sport's lineups so much, other psychics, I mean, pundits predict quite different lineups but it's mostly guesswork anyway.
Actually their line-ups are by far the best, but only on Friday or Saturday. Unlike Channel4, Goal.com or whoever, Gazzetta gets their lineups from people watching the training, and usually teams have the starting eleven play together in the final day of training before the match.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
OK, mostly guesswork was an exaggeration, true, but they can still be and are often incorrect. My fantasy football experience has taught me that, at least. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
At least this time they had it spot on, we fielded the team in my earlier post.

Can't see the match...damn.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I ca't watch it either but it seems I am not missing much. We are one goal behind and dominated in shots, possession and just about any statistical category. Talk about deja-vu from last season away games. Rossi, how about some width in our game, for CMs at the same time seems excessive to me. And Brocchi playing days after his transfer is positively weird.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Foggia coming in for Brocchi, now is the time to shine Pasquale!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Brilliant result, been a while since we were top of the table. ;)
Even though we turned the game only after the red card, it's in sharp contrast with last season when we hardly ever scored two goals away, let alone four and we almost never took advantage of opponents being down to ten players. Zarate scoring twice might mean we will get rid of Makinwa today, Foggia took his chance, too. FORZA LAZIO!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice way to start the new season. :)

A rather flattering result though, as I doubt Cagliari would have fallen apart like that without the red card. But, as AR said, it's good to see us taking advantage of that for a change.

Great debut for Zarate and good to see Foggia make the most of his chances. Hopefully Rossi will take note and play him from the start next match.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the links, AR, it is indeed GREAT to see Lazio at the top of the league. Been a while, hasn't it.

Forza Lazio.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts