Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAGLIARI: Iezzo, Lopez, Maltagliati, Bega, Agostini, Abejon, Brambilla, Gobbi, Esposito, Zola, Suazo.

Substitutes: Brunner, Albino, Conti, Pisano, Loria, Alvarez, Bianchi
coach: Arrigoni

FIORENTINA: Lupatelli, Viali, Delli Carri, Dainelli, Maggio, Obodo, Piangerelli, Nakata, Chiellini, Riganò, Fantini.

Substitutes: Cejas, Helguera, Jorgensen, Guigou, Valdes, Savini
coach: Zoff

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Zoff missing Viola stars

Sunday 30 January, 2005

Dino Zoff makes his Serie A debut away to Cagliari, but will be without Enzo Maresca and Fabrizio Miccoli.

“It certainly won’t be an easy task and I still have several doubts over what my starting line-up will be,” admitted the new Fiorentina Coach.

Zoff has already had one game on the Viola bench, losing the Coppa Italia quarter-final at Roma midweek, and now travels to another tough venue.

To make matters worse, he has not been able to bring along three of his top stars. Fabrizio Miccoli is suspended, while midfielder Enzo Maresca has a bruised calf and Tomas Ujfalusi is out for a month with a knee problem.

“I know that the club is trying to reinforce the squad during the January transfer window and I am confident for the future,” added Zoff.

One almost certain new arrival is Sampdoria midfielder Marco Donadel, whose contract is still owned by Milan.

“He should put pen to paper on Monday,” revealed agent Andrea D’Amico. “All we’re missing is a few details, as Milan have given their consent to the move.”

There are also rumours that Christian Riganò, who was the Viola’s top scorer in Serie C2 and Serie B, is available for transfer to Perugia.

Meanwhile, Cagliari are more than confident going into this match against Zoff’s new-look Fiorentina outfit.

“We have always done well on home turf,” explained Coach Daniele Arrigoni, “and we’ll see that same determination and concentration. Fiorentina are a fearsome prospect, regardless of which tactician is on the bench.”

There is a heavy blow for the Sardinians, as Antonio Langella is out with flu, so Honduras international David Suazo partners Gianfranco Zola and Mauro Esposito.

In other transfer news, Hellas Verona have signed Parma starlet Alessandro Rosina on loan with an option to buy 50 per cent of his contract at the end of the season.

channel4.com

Also Pazzini is almost official.

Cagliari scored form Chiellini's mistake. 1-0

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And 1-0 it ends. Too bad we are losing easy points against b-class sides when playing with our b-team.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I wouldnt call Cagliari in sardinia a B class side. They have only lost points to Inter, Milan and Juve at their stadium this season and even two of those were daws and the other a narrow defeat. You will have other matches in which you should win, this one I did not expect Fiorentina to get points from with or without their main players.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts