1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serie A Week 12 - 16/11/08 (14.00 UK)
Cagliari - Fiorentina
Stadio Sant'Elia

Fiorentina travel to Sardinia to face Cagliari hoping to reduce the gap which separates them from the top of the table. But it may not be as easy as it seems for the Tuscan giants against the feisty Rossoblu.

In last year’s encounter the Viola were defeated 2-1 at the Sant’Elia which shows how these apparently easy ties can hide unpredictable traps. On Sunday the Gigliati bagged an important win against Atalanta, but were struggling in the second half and now need to continue their positive form.

“We should have sealed the game earlier against the Bergamaschi,” admitted Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo, who netted the opener. “I have been working on long distance shots and I am glad it worked against them. But we had many chances and should have scored more.”

Cagliari have done well in the past few weeks. After an awful start they have now moved out of the relegation zone although last Sunday’s away defeat to Catania could complicate things.

“We need to be more astute in these games, because we could have won it easily,” said boss Massimiliano Allegri. “Fiorentina are one of the most skilled teams in Serie A and we will have to be really careful. We respect the Viola, but do not fear them.”

Cesare Prandelli will recover Juan Manuel Vargas for this game. The Peruvian full-back was out last weekend but is now fully fit. Adrian Mutu instead will be sidelined for a couple of more games although the Romanian is getting better.

Stevan Jovetic is Mutu’s natural replacement. Giampaolo Pazzini will still sit on the bench alongside Pablo Osvaldo and both of them are thinking of leaving the club in January.

Andrea Parola, Francesco Pisano and Michele Canini will be out for Cagliari. Former Independiente man Carlos Matheu should start in defence, while Michele Fini will be reconfirmed in midfield. Jeda and Robert Acquafresca expect to start up front.

Keep an eye on: Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina) – Gila returned against Atalanta after a ban and found the net once again. He has already scored eight this term and doesn’t seem like he is going to stop…

Last season: Cagliari 2-1 Fiorentina

Form guide: Cagliari (W W L W L) Fiorentina (W W D L W)
Cagliari (probable): Marchetti; Pisano, Bianco, D.Lopez, Agostini; Fini, Cossu, Biondini; Lazzari; Jeda, Acquafresca

Fiorentina (probable): Frey; Comotto, Dainelli, Gamberini, Vargas; Kuzmanovic, Felipe Melo, Montolivo; Santana, Gilardino, Jovetic

Ref: To follow…

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
This is going to be a great match and I feel a bit of scoring involved also:excited:,will be great to see two of Italy's brightest youngster's on fire as usual and I hope they both score "GILAGOL&ACQUAGOL"all the best ragazzi.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Should of had a penalty for Gila. Seems pushing is alright if the ball isnt within the strikers reach. But we rightfully lost. We were shit in a crap match.

Watching Almiron in a viola shirt breaks my heart :cry:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Guys bye to everyone!Im not anymore supporter of this club and Italian league!
Finally you give up!! I said it before this team is different than last season!

Watching Almiron in a viola shirt breaks my heart :cry:
and Prandelli keeps including him in the team .. Sorry but I can't trust Prandelli :undecide:

Nothing more to say!!ii

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Should of had a penalty for Gila. Seems pushing is alright if the ball isnt within the strikers reach. But we rightfully lost. We were shit in a crap match.
Didn't you noticed slight home whistle? Cagliari received penalty for same type of handling but we didn't.
I wasn't deserved loss. We deserved at least crappy draw from this game as 64% possession and 18 shots of which 6 on goal (btw couple very good efforts) shows something but unfortunately not enough for away win against defensive home teams :(
Udinese and Napoli also lost today so we are only 3 points from CL spot but we never get CL spot if we are not winning against weaker teams on their home ground.:(

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Didn't you noticed slight home whistle? Cagliari received penalty for same type of handling but we didn't.
I wasn't deserved loss. We deserved at least crappy draw from this game as 64% possession and 18 shots of which 6 on goal (btw couple very good efforts) shows something but unfortunately not enough for away win against defensive home teams :(
Udinese and Napoli also lost today so we are only 3 points from CL spot but we never get CL spot if we are not winning against weaker teams on their home ground.:(
Oh it was definately a home ref. But so much of the match we seemed slow and unimaginative. And almiron.............

Bueno, onto next week! We are still only 7 points off top spot

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Guys bye to everyone!Im not anymore supporter of this club and Italian league!
Sorry to say but I didn't see the game I know Cagliari won vuia a penalty and I don't know if it was a fair one.Also to add I don't know how Fiorentina played,but for you to say you aren't a supporter of this club anymore must mean you never were a true fan just dumping on your club like that.Sorry but true fan's don't do that.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I will never stop supporting this club!It was just a joke:pp,but I will never give up from this team!But Im still angry on ****ing Italian ref and I dont know how we are going to do somthing more if the referes keep working lake this with us!The worst thing yesterday was that we played good,but again lost because of someone:thmbdown:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I will never stop supporting this club!It was just a joke:pp,but I will never give up from this team!But Im still angry on ****ing Italian ref and I dont know how we are going to do somthing more if the referes keep working lake this with us!The worst thing yesterday was that we played good,but again lost because of someone:thmbdown:
Tako je vec bolje Vuki!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts