Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 60 minutes. this doesnt help especially as we are often the late starters in matches.
Bojinov looked dangerous last time, i hope he's ready to take on the load. The extra responsibility has helped in as of late.

Dainelli seems to be included in the squad which must mean abandoned matches to be played at later dates are not subject to bans but are, of course, at the mercy of injured and recovered players.
Either way its a bonus; Dainelli plays, and we have extra strength at the back. He misses the Cagliari game, we gain a seasoned defender for the Milan match.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Prandelli kick-starts Viola Tuesday 21 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cesare Prandelli warns that Fiorentina must have a strong start in the hour-long Serie A encounter with Cagliari tomorrow.

“We must start immediately with a great deal of concentration and balance, but I am sure we are ready on a physical level,” said the Coach.

The Week 29 tie was suspended after 29 minutes as high winds in the Stadio Sant’Elia, reaching up to 100km/h, were making play impossible and proving dangerous for the spectators with advertising boards ripped off their hinges.

Under new rules this season based on the so-called ‘Spanish model’, the remaining hour will be played instead of starting the game from scratch.

“Our preparation for this match will be slightly different from usual, as we’ll need a longer and more intense warm-up. It’ll be important to be ready, as I am sure Cagliari will also begin at full pelt for the opening 15 minutes.”

Luca Toni had originally missed the trip to Sardinia on March 12, but is in the squad for this meeting, although he is not expected to start. An ankle condition is still troubling him and the striker needs to be in top shape for Saturday’s showdown with Milan.

“We’ll have to be a lot more solid and compact than we were against Ascoli,” Prandelli said of that 2-1 win. “The team needs to be balanced, although looking back I think our first half performance had more of those elements than the second, despite the fact we fought back to victory in the final stages. It’d be a great result if we kept a clean sheet at the Sant’Elia.”

Fiorentina squad: Berti, Bojinov, Brivio, Brocchi, Dainelli, Di Carmine, Di Loreto, Donadel, Fiore, Gamberini, Jimenez, Jorgensen, Kroldrup, Lobont, Montolivo, Paolucci, Pancaro, Pasqual, Pazzini, Roccati, Toni, Ujfalusi.

channel4

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
i think 20.30 of central european time

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
start of the match =

Lobont
Ujfalusi
Dainelli
Di Loreto
Pasqual
Fiore
Brocchi
Donadel
Jorgensen
Bojinov
Toni

them:

Chimenti
Ferri
Lopez
Bizera
Agostini
Abeijon
Conti
Budel
Esposito
Suazo
Langella

looking good

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Dodor said:
Unfortunately, Toni misses a penalty kick! 0:0 at halftime!
it is fair for toni to start,btw Montolivo plays instead of Brocchi,and Toni misses a penalty :irritate: thats like his 5th he missed this year :dazed:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
half time 0-0

·
Registered
396 Posts
he really has missed far too many penalties. i would think that we have a better penalty taker, if not many better ones.
if free kicks are any indication, donadel or esp. pasqual would be nasty at the penalty spot.
i would also trust pazzi if he was in the match.

no excuse for missing penalties, especially if the keeper isnt world class (see Chimenti)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
or Bojinov i would trust

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
i think Toni missed 3 to be honest...

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
so he coulda been on 27 by now:D:(

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
it's very entertaining to listen to Inter - Udinese match on Rai :rolleyes: :frownani:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
although i can't watch the match, i feel it might be time for Pazzini and FIore?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Fiore x Boji, so probably Jimenez into attack

1 - 20 of 24 Posts