Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brazil defender Cafu has threatened to leave Roma if the club do not extend his contract before the World Cup.

Cafu, whose current deal expires in June 2003, has asked for a new deal at the club but is yet to receive a response from president Franco Sensi.

It had been reported that 31-year-old Cafu agreed a two-year deal last December - but the Brazilian never put pen to paper and is now concerned about his future.

"I can't deny that I want some news about my future before the World Cup starts. I have waited, but I have not received any answers.

"I don't want to play a season without knowing what I will do after that. I don't want to repeat whay my team-mate Aldair went through this season. I want to end my career at Roma.

"I believe we will come to an agreement, but if I don't receive an answer before World Cup, I would consider myself free to talk with other clubs. I have received offers but I'm tired of turning them all down.

"I may have a gentleman's agreement with Sensi but I'm still waiting for an answer, and there's not much more time."

Roma had targeted Bayern Munich's Hasan Salihamidzic to replace former Brazil captain Cafu next season.

Earlier this season, Cafu said he was considering leaving Roma. "In the past few weeks I've had various offers from Italian and foreign clubs," he said. "One of those clubs is Chelsea."

The 1994 World Cup winner, who earns £1.2 million a year, joined Roma for £3.5 million from Brazilian side Palmeiras in 1997 after a spell with Real Zaragoza in Spain.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh dear, Roma couldn't possibly even think about selling Cafu, right? Cafu is the best and most entertaining and most fascinating to watch right winger in the planet. His dribbling skills, his Samba moves, his positivism on the pitch are unmatched. He is a great player who always gives his best with Giallorosso colors and I would be incredibly sad if he had to leave Roma.:mad::fero: :groan: :depress: :( :dontcare:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Have you read about the Cafu-Adriano swap, that could happen.

Wicked :eek:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cafu rounds on press over 'unfair' treatment

Wednesday 15th May 2002

Cafu has hit back after his selection in the Brazil squad for the World Cup was met with media derision in his homeland.

"First you say that Scolari picked three defenders because I don't know how to mark, then I don't know how to cross. It seems I don't know anything," stormed the Roma wing-back, who has won 108 caps over a 12-year period.

"Since I joined the national squad, I've been under fire. Someone is wrong - the six coaches I have played under with Brazil these past 12 years, or the press.

The treatment I get is completely unfair," added Cafu, who has been widely condemned since his first call-up in 1990.

The most vitriolic initial attacks came in the Rio de Janeiro press, who didn't like the fact that Cafu was a product of rival city Sao Paulo. But not even the defender's successful move to Europe has seen a let-up in the criticism.

Indeed, it reached new levels after the recent 1-1 draw with Portugal, when coach Luiz Felipe Scolari mentioned that the player needed to improve his marking. The complaint was echoed by midfielder Kleberson.

To clear up the matter, Scolari contacted Cafu to explain that he was satisfied with his performances. The coach claimed he had been trying to say that Brazil needed better protection when Cafu made his trademark forward runs.

There has been underlying bitterness between player and coach, though, since Scolari stripped Cafu of the captaincy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Novell said:
Oh dear, Roma couldn't possibly even think about selling Cafu, right? Cafu is the best and most entertaining and most fascinating to watch right winger in the planet. His dribbling skills, his Samba moves, his positivism on the pitch are unmatched. He is a great player who always gives his best with Giallorosso colors and I would be incredibly sad if he had to leave Roma.:mad::fero: :groan: :depress: :( :dontcare:
It would be devastating if Cafu moves away.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This will be the most idiot move Capello can make!Maybe his age isn't the best,but still is the best right winger(saw the last friendly game of BRAZIL).And if he leaves who is going to replace him?

FORZA ROMA

·
Registered
309 Posts
Still Cafu can play as right defender:
Cafu Samuel Pannuchi Candela.
Maybe Capello thinking Pannuchi as right defender,thats why is trying to sign Lucio:
Pannuchi Lucio Samuel Candela.
Anyway,i want him to stay but if he is going to leave,i hope to seal him as the best right winger and take a lot of money!

FORZA ROMA!

·
Registered
197 Posts
In the physicals tests in Seleçao,Cafu was consider again that he is the player with the best form.Cafu can play more 4 years for sure!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If Sensi sells Cafu, some fans will burn is house...

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Hey cool dudes i have a question for you, particularly the guys who replied to this thread, not all just whoever can answer, i do spend alot of my time on the net, defenitely but i have a friend who goes onto forums and then procceeds to have conversations with himself under various diffrent nicks in a thread, i know this is the sadest thing youve ever heard, i know your saying what a freak, loser, lock him up and i agree, what are you thoughts on this guy/"s"

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma want Cafu for life Friday 28 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma President Franco Sensi will hold talks with Marcos Cafu in a bid to keep him at the club until he retires.

The Brazilian has been at the centre of transfer interest recently but Sensi maintains that he will remain for next season and beyond.

Cafu is currently in Japan preparing for his third successive World Cup Final, but will hold talks with the Giallorossi chief on his return.

"We are keeping Cafu on a long term basis," revealed Sensi. "He is a mythical figure, a great player and an excellent human being.

"We will talk about his contract after the summer, hopefully when he has been crowned a world champion.

"I am under the impression that he will be tied to our club until he decides to hang up his boots."

Meanwhile, one player on his way out of the club seems to be Marcos Assuncao.

The Brazilian midfielder is set to be frozen out of the side with Pep Guardiola and Edgar Davids set to sign for the Olimpico outfit.

Assuncao¡¦s agent, Eli Coimbra, has confirmed that there are talks in progress with Real Betis of Spain. Assuncao joined Roma in 1999 from Flamengo.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Romanfan53 You made me die of laughter signing on with different names gees what a crack up.:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cafu set for Old Trafford?
Roma wing-back Marcos Cafu has once again been linked with a move to the Premiership. Sources in Brazil reveal that Cafu, who has just one year on his contract with the Giallorossi, is close to agreeing a two-year deal with Manchester United.

channel4 ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts