Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ton Caanen's contract situation next season is still unknown. It does not stop the Dutchman from arranging pre-season friendlies for Maccabi however. :googly: According to Caanen himself, the team will play against Porto during their training-camp. Also on his wanted list is Ajax, Maccabi's CL group opponent from two years ago. This game is also supposed to take place during this camp. And what happens if he doesn't get contract extension? :undecide:

·
Registered
773 Posts
He can always use them for training games for the club in the Dutch fourth division that he will probably be managing next year....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Mideast Mirage said:
He can always use them for training games for the club in the Dutch fourth division that he will probably be managing next year....
Or maybe the impasse between Loni and Rahkiv is keeping Caanen in the job right now. Well it is nice that he gets these top teams to play Maccabi in the training camp.

Caanen is not the best coach around, but he is not bad at all and i don´t understand why so many people pick on him.

I read an article recently i don´t remember where exactly, but the author said that the Israeli fans are really warm and they support, but they lose their patience easily and it ends up turning against the team. And if a coach brings them good results he is the king, but if he has a bad sequence they want him to resign. So see what happened to Fernandez and Caanen. The Frenchman has a status, brought in good players had some good results, but when he had a bad sequence people already spray in Beit Vagan some words for him to resign. Caanen the same in his spell with Beitar Jerusalem he was venerated, in Maccabi Tel Aviv he began really well, everyone wanted him, but then a bad sequence and the defeat for Acco was already enough to tell him he won´t stay another season. This is ridiculous and wrong we are doing the same on what Panathinaikos did with Shum and we complained about it. And don´t forget he didn´t build up this team, next season if he stays he will have the chance to do so.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
berko said:
I read an article recently i don´t remember where exactly, but the author said that the Israeli fans are really warm and they support, but they lose their patience easily and it ends up turning against the team. And if a coach brings them good results he is the king, but if he has a bad sequence they want him to resign. So see what happened to Fernandez and Caanen. The Frenchman has a status, brought in good players had some good results, but when he had a bad sequence people already spray in Beit Vagan some words for him to resign. Caanen the same in his spell with Beitar Jerusalem he was venerated, in Maccabi Tel Aviv he began really well, everyone wanted him, but then a bad sequence and the defeat for Acco was already enough to tell him he won´t stay another season. This is ridiculous and wrong we are doing the same on what Panathinaikos did with Shum and we complained about it. And don´t forget he didn´t build up this team, next season if he stays he will have the chance to do so.
I couldn't have said it any better, this is somethng which Israeli fans must change! They are very impatient and the finger is always pointed at the manager (sometimes it should be but other times it shouldn't). This isn't something you can change because you can't really punish the fans for it. The only way this will change is if several fans from a club decide to show their fellow fans that blaming the manager and cursing him isn't always the answer. I bet you the people who wrote those terrible things about Fernandez and France are now rooting for him after that 3-0 victory!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
I couldn't have said it any better, this is somethng which Israeli fans must change! They are very impatient and the finger is always pointed at the manager (sometimes it should be but other times it shouldn't). This isn't something you can change because you can't really punish the fans for it. The only way this will change is if several fans from a club decide to show their fellow fans that blaming the manager and cursing him isn't always the answer. I bet you the people who wrote those terrible things about Fernandez and France are now rooting for him after that 3-0 victory!
Exactly. The only way to change this mentality is if someone inside decides to do so. There could be the clubs initiative, the players talking to the fans, but if there is no will among them then this won´t change. The fans pay for the ticket they have the right to feel that way, but there are limits and they shouldn´t pass them. I believe the correct way is to support the team during all 90 minutes and after the game if you protest it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts