Discussion Starter #1
Colombia Vs Uruguay 2nite..... :sleepy:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Copa America live!

Saturday, 24 July 2004

Follow all the Copa America action live with www.skysports.com scorecentre, as defending champions Colombia take on Uruguay in the third/fourth place play-off.
All of the action can be followed here and you can be rest assured that you will be kept informed of all the key events.

For all the goals as they happen, Click here for an extensive scorecentre and stay tuned to skysports.com for all the post match news and reaction.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:party: Uruguay beats Colombia for third place:dielaugh:

July 24, 2004

CUSCO, Peru (AP) -- Vicente Sanchez rebounded from his decisive missed penalty kick in the semifinals by scoring the game-winner Saturday in Uruguay's 2-1 win over Colombia in the Copa America third-place game.

Sanchez scored on a beautiful left-foot lob over Colombia goalkeeper Juan Carlos Henao with nine minutes left for the win. Sanchez's blocked kick in the penalty shootout Thursday propelled Brazil to the final.

Fabian Estoyanoff nailed a cross in the third minute for Uruguay, and Sergio Herrera tied the score on a penalty kick in the 71st.

Argentina and Brazil meet in the final on Sunday.

:party:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i:heart:colombia is no longer BARRED ... but where R U ?????? :eek:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
BOTH TEAMS R DA SUCKS.

Nobody saw this match, anyway.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
icolombia is no longer BARRED ... but where R U ??????
I think he's mas at us and doesn't want to talk to us anymore. Tissues, please.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who really cares ... after ALL the crap about Colombia...and how they were the Masters.....Masters of FOURTH Place ... ilc MIGHT never come back ... :crybaby:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Latinlover said:
BOTH TEAMS R DA SUCKS.

Nobody saw this match, anyway.
We almost got to the final and only lost by shootouts.
We lost with Argentina with 2 late goals playing with 10 men during an hour.
Most people say the best matches of the tournament were Uru-Arg and Uru-Bra.

So I could agree your statement was true before Fossati, I don't think it's still valid.
In case you insist is a valid statement then I wonder which qualifing adjective should we use with Venezuela? :ass:

·
Registered
525 Posts
wow i mean amazing argentina and uruguays A teams beat colombias C team :tongue:

if you knew anything at all youd know that colombia did not take a full team to this cup and we had no defensive leaders our defensive leader canceled at the last second because he was being transfered to spain he had to go do health tests and sign the contract so we were left without a stable defense but our midfield and forwards were spectacular

do not forget the revelation player of the tournament was colombian...

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who ??? One of the refs ??????? :yuck:

·
Registered
525 Posts
if your dont know you dont deserve to ask

colombians refs are considered the best in the world...

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
ilovecolombia said:
wow i mean amazing argentina and uruguays A teams beat colombias C team :tongue:

if you knew anything at all youd know that colombia did not take a full team to this cup and we had no defensive leaders our defensive leader canceled at the last second because he was being transfered to spain he had to go do health tests and sign the contract so we were left without a stable defense but our midfield and forwards were spectacular

do not forget the revelation player of the tournament was colombian...
Colombia took this tournament just a seriously as Uruguay & Argentina did.
This was not Colombia's C team, B team sure but not C. Also Uru. & Arg. didn't have their full potential.

Colo & Latinlover,

Just because your countries were eliminated in the 1st round, I don't know why you are compelled to come here & say no one cares about this match, becuase both of you would love to have your countries play it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
colombias sqaud for the WCQ

--------------Calero
Perea---Yepes-----Cordoba--Bedoya
---Restrepo---Viafara---Aguilar
------Grisales-------Oviedo
--------------Angel
subs: bermudez, hernandez, sinisterra, sergio, pacheco
sqaud for copa america

----------henao
martinez-victoria--orozco--palacios
patino------------aguilar----diaz
--------moreno-----murillo
-----------herrera---------------

a b team would have at least one starter or a lot of the subs for the a team but this team has none therefore C team...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Please C Team?? What's so C about it? Colombia don't even have enough players playing in europe to make a starting eleven but yet they have the pleasure to bring a C team and expect to win anything?
And even if it was a B,C,A,D team theses results are no great achievement..
Venezuela - Colombia 0:1
Colombia - Bolivia 1:0
Perú - Colombia 2:2
Colombia - Costa Rica 2:0
Argentina - Colombia 3:0
Colombia - Uruguay 1:2

BTW Who was the relevation of the tournament ?? Im dying to know :D
and LatinLover don't get mad because Venezuela played like absolute shite for their whole 3 games..
This tournament was good for many reasons
Uruguay got back on track..
Venezuela realized they are NOTHING in south america..
Peru's fumes have been calmed..
Paraguay showed they could do some damage with a younger side..
And it also gave ILC some time to practice excuses along with all of colimbia..:D

·
Registered
525 Posts
we haveenought players in europe look at the differences for the teams i posted above all the players in the WCQ play outside of colombia not one inside of colombia

the revelation player was abel aguilar

and yes considering colombia was ahead 2-0 with some amazing goals against peru and peru scored 2 goals after clear fouls dangerous ones at that those are good scores

we didnt have a good C team because the only A team player canceled on us because hes been sold to atletico madrid of spain he was perea a defensive player it damaged our defensive tactic making us have to put our goalie as captain damagin the defense and making the midfield stay behind and defend which gave us very small chances to attack correctly and most of our players being exhausted of playing in the climate the only decent games we played were in trujillo because of its tolerable tempatures and altitude unlike cusco and lima which were just terrible. to our normal players it wouldnt effect them as much but all these players were young many never playing on a sellecion before and never playing a tournament that takes so much physically and mentally from a player like the copa america

i still think rueda should of made a last minute decision and taken a prominantly once caldas defense after perea dropped or at least vanegas but he decided not to...

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sebastian50 said:
Colo & Latinlover,

Just because your countries were eliminated in the 1st round, I don't know why you are compelled to come here & say no one cares about this match, becuase both of you would love to have your countries play it.
Seb ... My STANCE on dumping Copa America has been and was WAY BEFORE it even started ... I was against it also in Colombia..It HAS nothing to do wether Chile does great..so so or bad .. Copa America with our all against all eliminatories HAS TO BE WRITTEN OFF !!!!

Sorry its MY OPINION and no one can EVER change it !!!! :nasty:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.