Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Based in this season, Cañizares is the best goalkeeper of La Liga, over Iker Casillas, without any doubt.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Koeman4 said:
Based in this season, Cañizares is the best goalkeeper of La Liga, over Iker Casillas, without any doubt.
I agree that Cañizares is a great goalkeeper, but I don't think he has been under the same pressure as Casillas. Casillas has probably been more active than him in all honesty. I mean he got a mean work out against Barca. :D

I think both keepers are on the same level.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Casillas is madly talented as a keeper but Canizares is just such a safe goalie. I mean this guy almost never makes mistakes and on top of that he is the Liga king at saving penalties.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
canizares should be the 1st one.....casillas is still young, he can play in the next european champonship but i want canizares to be the 1st one in the world cup

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
everyone seems to forget how bad canizares was last season.....casillas has been very good behind a worse defence for several seasons now so he should play

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
victorvaldes.1. said:
everyone seems to forget how bad canizares was last season.....casillas has been very good behind a worse defence for several seasons now so he should play
Does a selector base his decision on what happened last year? :googly:

I think they make their decisions based on the present.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
ok if u base ur decision based on the here and now SOLELY of how people are playing, raul, salgado, helguera, baraja, vicente, joaquin wouldnt even be in the squad...that how it should be then?

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
victorvaldes.1. said:
ok if u base ur decision based on the here and now SOLELY of how people are playing, raul, salgado, helguera, baraja, vicente, joaquin wouldnt even be in the squad...that how it should be then?
Ummm, Raúl I would agree with you, Helguera also. Never really like Baraja, and Vicente still has to prove himself. Joaquin hasn't been that bad. I know that you are upset with Valdes not going. Perhaps he will get the chances at South Africa. :howler:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
It's kinda hard for a injures player (Vicente) to prove his worth...Guess Xavi has to prove something also then?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
DonJuan21 said:
It's kinda hard for a injures player (Vicente) to prove his worth...Guess Xavi has to prove something also then?
erm u missed what i was sayin entirely huh? i was saying that those players should go if fully fit, but if u base purely on recent games then obviously they wouldnt.

1-canizares should go (if aragones thinks its worth it) but casillas should start cos hes been more consistent over last 2-3 years

2-ive never once sed valdes is more deserving of a place

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
erm u missed what i was sayin entirely huh? i was saying that those players should go if fully fit, but if u base purely on recent games then obviously they wouldnt.

1-canizares should go (if aragones thinks its worth it) but casillas should start cos hes been more consistent over last 2-3 years
1. You said vicente and so on shound't be in the starting eleven if we solely think of lately performences..

2. Cani is 100% worth it even as a starter, can maybe give Spain the title if it all ends in a penaly shoot-out :proud:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts