Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, How are you guys doing. I got a quick question to ask you guys. I've always loved Vieri. I love his strenght, determination, balance and touch. My question is how did he came to be known as one of the most dangerous striker in Italian football of all time. Probably, I watch him at the wrong time. He is only as good as what the midfield is. I mean he can't create something out of nothing. I swear to god, I've watch the man lost three four possession straight, trying to dribble the ball. He's god when he stand in the penalty box and when you got good supplier supporting him. Other than that he pretty much ziltch. Anyone can tell me why he is so popular?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Buddy ohh buddy..people step aside

THE PULSAR HAS ARRIVED

(it rhymes)

IN this season, 2004-2005, and last, 2003-2004, Vieri sucks. He lost his touch after the top scorers title. do you have high speed? Cuz back in the day, 2002 and before, he was making stuff happen out of everything

Let me know if you have high speeda nd I can post some videos for you

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Well, if you don't want him anymore, we at Benfica would be glad to have him :) ;)

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
He played very well in Liga with Atletico and scored 24 goals in 24 games. He then moved to Lazio and di great there. He later on moved to Inter and was always one of the top scorers. He is now 30 and you can not expect him to be what he was.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he is a striker who makes the most out of everything he gets. these days he isnt as great but i think his he has stiff comp at the club and to be fair to him, he is nearing the end of his career. Maybe another 2 seasons and he'll retire.

but in his prime, he was one of the best in the business.

·
Registered
253 Posts
two words when talking about Vieri: Injury Prone. If he didnt get injured as much as he has he could still be better than what he is. I remember him missing WC94, When Ronaldo was on Inter they play the injury carasel. He runs like a pilon but strong boy.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah in EUro 2000 he missed it b/c of Injury

Vieri: "My greatest regret with the Italian NT was not being fit for the 2000 competition, in which I could have taken them over the top and home with a trophy"

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I remember him missing WC94
Vieri is not as injury prone as you state buddy. He had some injury given the fact that he was Inter main striker and the team's attack relied only opn him for about 3 straight seasons. WC94? Euro2000 I think.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOAHHHH YAOOOZAA!!! I know now why Vieri is so feared. I guess he is someone you would call a true finisher. I guess he is probably pass his prime. Damn, that left could do wonders.. hehe... I feel bad for him though. Such talent, but not much hardware. Never the less still a great footballer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts