Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Candela: Arrivederci Roma Monday 31 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent Candela has waved goodbye to Roma after he terminated his contract with the outfit today.

"I’m leaving a fundamental part of my life even if I will return to live here when I retire," said the Frenchman.

"I’ve experienced some unforgettable years in which I have matured both as a man and a footballer.

"My son was born here, I won Lo Scudetto in 2001 and I was able to enjoy a great relationship with the fans."

The left-sided player, who has spent eight years with the capital club, insists he has no Giallorossi regrets.

"I wouldn’t do anything differently," he added. "I would have liked to have offered more over the last 18 months but I am responsible for that."

Candela also specifically thanked former Roma bosses Zdenek Zeman and Fabio Capello for their help.

"The Czech taught me a lot tactically, while Capello brought the best out of me just when I was about to join Inter," continued the defender.

The former France international will now sign for Premiership outfit Bolton. "I had other offers, including the chance to stay in Italy but I preferred a foreign move," he added.

Candela is the fifth January sale after Mido (Spurs), Marco Delvecchio (Brescia), Gigi Sartor (Genoa) and Gaetano D’Agostino (Messina) also left Roma this month.

In other transfer news, Atalanta have signed defender Adriano Da Silva from Palermo and Sampdoria midfielder Biagio Pagano.

Inter have decided to sell Romanian midfielder Ianis Zicu to Dinamo Bucharest after he failed to impress on loan at Parma.

channel4

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he was a great player, especially back when you won the scudetto. such a skillful player and he scored some brilliant goals as well.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Yes but after the Scudetto is started going down. I hear he has had quite few drinking problems. Too bad because he could have have been very useful if he was playing like Scudetto times. Well, now its all about looking for someone else for that left side.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually how old is he now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts