Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is highly reliable that you have signed jankulovski and pizarro from udinese by 14m euro and one player in transaction.

imo, nedved may not be able to stay any longer. nedved is somehow like figo physically. their playing style in fact are quite similar that their performance mainly relies on their physical condition. as nedved is getting older like figo, he may fall down drastically like figo. and juve's custom speaks for itself that you like to release stars in disposal of some potential guys. out baggio for del piero. out zidane for nedved. now this time nedved for miccoli maybe.

do you think either del piero or nedved will leave soon?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, its hard to say really. has juve really bought pizzaro and janks? its not 100% official as yet. And are they capable of taking over Nedved? you said that miccoli will replace nedved, well, if pizarro and janks came, i think they will both have to replace nedved because nedved in form is like having an extra man on the field.

i like the idea of getting janks as he can cover many positions on the field, but pizarro i'm not to sure about. he is definately a good player at udinese, but i'm not sure if he is good enough to replace nedved. when so many other young stars are around and available such as rosicky, van der vaart, possibly riquelme, why is moggi looking at pizarro?

del piero wont leave. he isnt like zidane or baggio. he has been a juve boy since he was a teenager and he means a lot more on and off the field than both baggio and zidane did for us. he may leave one day, but i think he has at least another season with us.

with rumours such as the udinese duo joining us, it might seem that neddy is going to be sold for big bucks. trezeguet isnt out of the picture either. count di vaio in there as well. who knows, we might actually clean the out and sell all three and get the big bucks. you never know what to expect with moggi.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Nedved makes Juve pledge Friday 5 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved won¡¯t be displaying his skills at Stamford Bridge next season after he committed himself to Juventus.

The Czech international¡¯s future has been the subject of speculation recently that had suggested a summer move to Chelsea may occur.

Whispers claimed that the Italian champions were set to sacrifice the European Footballer of the Year if a substantial bid was tabled.

Yet the 31-year-old has insisted that he will keep on playing football in Turin until his contract expires in 2006.

"I have embraced the Juventus mentality and this club is in my bones," he said. "I wouldn¡¯t change teams even if I was forced to.

"I won¡¯t be leaving Juventus and I firmly believe that the club have no intention of selling me either."

Nedved is keen to keep winning with the Old Lady and is also adamant that he is physically up to the job.

"I¡¯m in good shape and I don¡¯t really understand why people are so concerned about my fitness," he said.

"Playing football gives me a great feeling of joy. If I had my way I would have a ball with me all day long."

There were doubts over Nedved¡¯s physical condition after he was absent from Tuesday¡¯s training session.

However, he was back in Turin on Wednesday and has trained since. He should feature at the weekend against Brescia after missing the Ancona tie with suspension.

channel4

·
Registered
780 Posts
i don't think juve will let nedved go. sure they let go of zidane, baggio and many more but nedved is a different story. Nedved is a hardworking player, which is very similar to juve's philosophy. Zidane’s touches were magical but having nedved is like having a horse on the filed, this guy never stops. And he can show some magic now and then. As for Del Piero leaving, that’s never going to happen. He’ll play on until his contract expires and who knows after that, we might have another Conte. Del Piero will be a back up to miccoli.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its all down to money though. at 31 years of age, an offer for 20 million euro in todays market is very hard to ignore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts