Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Official:

Deco has signed a two year deal for Chelsea. (Fee is £7.9M apparently)

Deco what you have done for this club will never ever be forgotten. All the best...

Legend!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
If it's less than €15million I for one will not be pleased considering it's Chelsea we're dealing with.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It sounds somewhat little amount. I also think Chelsea could pay more. Even if the best years have passed Deco isn't finished yet.

Still, good luck and thanks for everything!

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Christ, couldn't you have choosen a proper club?

Anyway, thanks for everything.

So, who will be his successor? Iniesta isn't up for it, at least not yet. Hleb? No way. Hernanes? To young and I'm not even sure we'll sign him as it seems he'll be to expensive.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, who will be his successor? Iniesta isn't up for it, at least not yet. Hleb? No way. Hernanes? To young and I'm not even sure we'll sign him as it seems he'll be to expensive.
Arshavin maybe

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
We have signed Keita who looks to start beside Yaya and one of possibly Xavi/Iniesta. Besides this we will sign another CM, a winger and a striker. Remember that we have Pep now so we do not necessarily have to directly replace him.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
10M is a fair price IMO considering he'll be 31 in August.

Goodbye Deco!
I believe we could have scratched for at least 15 if Txiki had known how to do his job. :greed:

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
10 mill is fine with me, even though I thought Mourinho would be a better fit for him considering their past but I guess Scolari brings out the best in him?! Who knows.

Thankful for all the great memories and I wish him the best!

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
With Rijkaard gone, Deco gone and a chance of both Ronaldinho and Eto'o leaving, it's certainly an end of an era for you guys.

10 million is not too bad considering everything.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
It's been very good having Deco in the club. When concentrated, one of the best midfielders ever born. Plus the style:

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Well as a Celtic fan I never liked him and would even dare to call him a cheating scumbag. But he played for Barça and was an integral part of our midfield: did the dirty work and generally made the team tick over.
This was fine until he started to be involved in other things more connected to the number before seventy and getting wasted than playing footy for Barça. I'm sorry but the last two years have been a joke. I wish him all the best actually, I've got one of those love/hate things going.
BTW, the cash they've got for him is shameful. It's beginning to look more like a car boot sale evey day.
Do car boot sales exist in Ireland, Youngie? :smileani:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
He was a bit of a ****, but he did play a part in those 2 great seasons. Plus, he got a couple of goals against those chumps that dare to share the city of Barcelona with us, always a good thing. Plus, for his age, we probably wouldn't get a lot of money from anyone. Cheers for the work, old chum. :D

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 58 Posts