Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bo Johansson, was given a fond farewell by the Danish crowd on Wednesday evening after their final Euro 2000 match against the Czech Republic.

The Swede, who is set to be replaced by management duo Martin Olsen and Michael Laudrup, was particularly impressed by the defence who he said had adapted well to his more attacking style of play, and had been key to the success of the team during his time in charge.

"I don't deserve any particular praising," said Johansson. "It's the players who deserve to be praised. I am proud that the players have played in a way that I have wanted.

"It's the team that makes it possible to win a football match, with a strong defence," he added. "It's just not my style to have four, five men locked in defence.

"I want the players to go forward on the pitch, try to score goals, football is about scoring goals, not defending."

Johansson was remaining tight-lipped over his future plans, although he did say that he would not be interfering with the running of the national side under Olsen and Laudrup.

"I said before the European Championship that I did not want to talk to anybody about my future until after the tournament.

"Therefore, I can not tell if I will be continuing in the football world or not," he stated.

"I will follow Olsen and Laudrup, but not offer any advice. They have both been in the football world for many years."

Meanwhile, former Manchester United goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel has spoken of his dismay at Denmark's failure to score a point at the championships, claiming that drastic changes need to be made to the style of play employed by the national side.

"The media can blame us, we deserved that," said the former Old Trafford favourite, "Though, nothing constructive comes out of it. Instead, I mean we have to look at why it has gone so bad."

"We have too few individualists in the side. Players like Brian and Michael Laudrup. The sides who have success at this European Championship have three, four players of this kind.

"We have to work within Dansih Football. From the Superliga clubs and down

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah,bo johansson would quit the national team after euro 2000 anyway,but now he quit after disapointing 0-8 after 3 games...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I don't

think "Bosse" is to blaim, i mean compering the team in the world cup 98 and in euro2000 he had a better team back then, especially with the laudrup brothers.
The groups were totally different now and then. All the teams in denmarks group in the euro2000 were gold candidates, perhaps not denmark themselves but the rest.
So i think Bosse has done a great job with the material he had.
Maybe a good replacement for the swedish coaches Lars-Tommy, when they quit...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
hi cracker still here?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
hi......

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i got things to say to you cracker!!
im going on wednesday actually....

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Now you tell me!!!

So italy did pretty good against romania, but how will they tackle the netherlands??

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
no problems italy won the last game they played against each other,in 1992 they won 3-2.
but i still think we have a great chance to win this game too ialy like to play against offensive teams but i would personally prefer if italy would play more offensive themself.
i guess italy wins 2-0,holland starts to play bad when they can't come through italy's strong defence.

ps:jag har hittat italiens svar på ivan campo,damiano tomassi heter han och han spelar för roma,dem är grymmt lika:)
lombardo är på väg mot inter,bra för han:cool:
just det ja,jag åker ju snart alltså imorgon,kan du ta över scandinavian forum ett tag och hålla det vid liv:D
HAR DU TÄNKT PÅ EN SAK:vi är aldrig online sammtidigt.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts