1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bye bye Blondel

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 28/1/2004

JONATHAN BLONDEL is returning to Belgium after failing to make the grade at Tottenham. The 19-year-old midfielder, signed two years ago...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Bye bye Blondel
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

JONATHAN BLONDEL is returning to Belgium after failing to make the grade at Tottenham.

The 19-year-old midfielder, signed two years ago from Mouscron, is to join Club Bruges on a permanent deal.

He has failed to impress Glenn Hoddle or David Pleat and is stuck behind youngsters Johnnie Jackson and Rohan Ricketts in the pecking order at Spurs.

Attempts by the club to bring in more young midfielders during the transfer window have not been good news for the youngster, who was watched by Manchester United before joining Spurs.

"I am very glad about the transfer," Blondel said. ''At Tottenham I had no future and Bruges is a top club.

"I only wanted to play for such a club in Belgium. What I have missed is playing football."

Blondel is expected to sign a three-year deal at the club, who recently signed Bosko Balaban from Aston Villa.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Good move for him since he wasn't fancied by Pleat either. Brugge have quiet a nice looking outfit now with him and Stoica in midfield with Balaban and Vicor up front. Should challenge for the top spots in Belgium and we shall see him soon in the CL :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts