Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

I have the good luck to have married a wonderful Turkish woman. We are traveling to see our in-laws (her father) in Istanbul this December/January. I would love to attend the Fenerbahche/Kardemir Karabük on the 22 of December. My father in law is a Fenerbahche fan but is quite elderly and I'd rather get the tickets and surprise him, rather than have him trying to buy them.

I live in the USA and I am having some trouble finding info on how to buy tickets. Can anyone reccomend a good way to do this? Do games generally sell out or can I buy tickets the day of the game. Also it looks like the Turkish Super Liga takes a break from the 22 of December through the 19th of January. Are there any other games to go see? I would love to see some second division games if there are any happening. Thanks very much for any help!!!!!

·
*the drum drum*
42,489 Posts
A match against Karabukspor more than likely won't sell out, so you'd be able to buy tickets fairly easily.

I think they generally go on sale a week or so before the fixture, and I think they sell through Biletix but I'm not certain.

If you can travel out to Kadikoy you can buy tickets from the stadium as well.

I would expect that a match like this would be quite easy to get tickets for, so you could probably even turn up a few hours before kick-off and buy tickets at the gate.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where are you staying in Istanbul?

There's a few different Biletix outlets around the city in shopping centres etc. where you can purchase tickets from directly. Which is what I would recommend.

Bought tickets through Biletix last year online and it turned into a massive pain in the arse, as they wouldn't let me pick the tickets up on gameday because I'd used a credit card which had my father's name on it. Had to fax some forms off to Australia on gameday and wake him up in the middle of the night to get him to sign some sign some declaration thing before they'd let me pick them up, which wasn't easy when no-one owned a fax machine :yuck:

I don't know why they don't have an option like they do elsewhere to print the tickets off on a printer at home, makes it so much easier then having to go and find an office to collect them. The system is very backward from my expiernce.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The match with Karabuk will be the last game before the winter break. We also play Galatasaray before that game. If we're having a good run during that time of the season it might as well be close to a sell-out, considering it'll be the last game at home for a good 5 to 6 weeks.

The 2nd division will also go on break the same week as Super Lig. During the break there are cup games which are played though, so you should be lucky enough to catch a cup match during your stay in Istanbul.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I suggest you find someone with a kombine. If I am correct, the tickets go to the general public later on after they have sold them to the guys with the fenercard. I had a problem buying the CL qualifier games tickets in advanced and had to wait till 1-2 days prior. Also, the thing about the credit card is true as well. It is more difficult to purchase tickets now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts