Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

Just need a bit of advice,

My mate is going to be in Madrid on the 26th of october and wants to go to the Big match.

What is is generally like for away supporters to get tickets? how many Athletic Supporters will travel to the match? is it only official Athletic tickets who get to sit in away section?

I noticed from my games at San Mames that some away fans are in the home section etc. Osasuna first day of last season was interesting, David Lopez was getting dogs abuse when he took a corner from a small pocket Of Osasuna fans, caused a bit of tension. I think one of them was ejected( after he was head butted by an Athletic Fan)

so yea, how easy will it be to get a ticket at the Bernabeu?

Cheers

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Hey,

Well, this is something which is neither very clear for me to be honest...

Although one thing is for sure, I can't imagine it's very difficult to get tickets, as you just go to the stadium on time the 'taquillas' will be open, also it's easy to buy a ticket outside the stadium from other persons / fans.
When I was in Madrid, we met people (Dutch tourists) who went to the Bernabeu and they just bought their tickets one day in advance... quite easily.

About the Athletic fans, probably there won't travel much, but as anywhere in the world, Athletic got fans in Madrid too. It's likely they'll be there... Don't know whether there will be a special stand for the Athletizales, but I guess so as there's still quite a rivalry with Real.
Perhaps it's an idea to contact one of the peña's in Madrid?
Here a list;
http://www.aupaathletic.com/penyas/penyas-listar.asp?idProv=27&idPais=0

Don't know about the current situation, but you may have to watch out with wearing Athletic or Basque colours... especially watch out for the nazis of Ultrassur.

Anyway, bring some luck for the team, they'll need it :).

Have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Mate:party:

yea I warned him about Ultras Sur :frustrat:

I'll check out that link, cheers!

·
Registered
668 Posts
But as long as you stay cleat of the ultra sur scum i'm sure you'll have a great experience. (let's just hope we manage to muster a stronger defensive game then vs sevilla...)

·
Registered
736 Posts
What about the home matches? I am planning a trip this winter, and the tree options now are Valencia, Sevilla and Real Madrid. I think it could be difficult, but I will get there on friday afternoon. Is one match to prefer to another, or would it be a difficult black market for all three matches?

·
Registered
338 Posts
What about the home matches? I am planning a trip this winter, and the tree options now are Valencia, Sevilla and Real Madrid.
Well,

It is a common topic, but the point is that, sadly, la Liga matches are scheduled about 10 days before the k/o. So you cannot plan how to go to that match before those 10 days + or - because it may be a Sat night match, a Sun afternoon or a Sun night one. It depends on TVs.

Probably, the Athletic v Real Madrid will be a 1/2 club day match, which means that season holders should pay the half of the ticket, and then, usually there are more tickets to sell and buy; and obviously more tickets available...

Anyway, good luck and if you get some pics, please show them.

Athleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-tic! Athleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-tic!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, I will of course buy my flight ticket from friday till monday because of this. I don't like Dia del Club, but as you say, it might be it is easier for me to go on the real madrid match, then. Thanks.

And, pictures? I was on the Barsa game, here is one photo. Petronor Ez I understand. But I believe it is not so easy as just a no to commercials on the shirt. Do you know?

Attachments

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
The guy in the middle there handing out leaflets, did you get one, if so could you understand what it said?

I think it's great the fans who oppose the sponsorship are making their feelings known. Hopefully if enough fuss is made Macua/the socios will reconsider the decision to spoil what is supposed to be the sacred shirt.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
In two months I'll visit my first (official) Athletic away match. It will be in Valladolid... why Valladolid? Just because I could book a very cheap flight :D.

Anyway, if someone got some tips how to get into the away stand, if there is one, please let me know! Although I don't care that much, wonder even how much Athletizales will travel... but till now my visits brought luck, hopefully this will be continued, hehe.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Game at Nou Camp

Kaixo Athletizales!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I have had problems with the internet in work!

After three pilgrimages to the San Mames, I have also decided to visit my first away game, against Barcelona in March.

Would I be correct in assuming that it won't be possible for me to have a ticket with the Athletic fans?

I think I can buy a ticket on the Barca website, I think it's even possible to print off the ticket to avoid queueing at the ticket office? Has anyone had any experience of this?

Also, would it be a little dangerous for me to wear Athletic colours if I have to sit with Barca fans? Would it be better to travel incognito?

I would also be grateful if you have any advice in general about visiting Barcelona (I know I should ask in the Barca forum, but I'd like to hear your opinions).

Eskerrik asko,

Rhys
Penya Athletic Galles

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Hey good to see you on here :thumbsup:!

Can't really help you as I still haven't visited official away matches neither, but I can't imagine it's dangerous to wear Athletic colours.

As for the tickets, I've got no clue, I'm sure you can easily buy tickets for the Barça stand at the same day of the match. Also, the away stand in Camp Nou is on the 3rd or 4th tier if I'm not wrong... So I'm not sure whether you can see the game properly then.

Anyway, I'm very interested to hear about your experience!

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
All I can say is don't expect the tickets to be cheap. When I went to Bilbao earlier last year I was talking to a English Espanyol fan (the match I went to was against Espanyol) and he said while he went to some away games he doesn't go to the Camp Nou as the tickets cost too much.

If you do go though, you should have a great time, the Camp Nou looks amazing (just hope your tickets aren't too far back :))

You might be able to get tickets in the away end, the best person to ask though is probably Iribar (and any other Bilbao/Spain based fans on here)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan to come over for the Racing match in April :thumbsup:

I plan not to get very drunk down in the Casco Viejo and lose my mobile phone :doh::doh: :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I will of course buy my flight ticket from friday till monday because of this. I don't like Dia del Club, but as you say, it might be it is easier for me to go on the real madrid match, then. Thanks.

And, pictures? I was on the Barsa game, here is one photo. Petronor Ez I understand. But I believe it is not so easy as just a no to commercials on the shirt. Do you know?

man theres soemthing about those old red metal gates and the entrance of San Mames.

so much charachter!!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
As how I experienced it in Valladolid, I believe the tickets for the official 'zona visita' were sold by Athletic Club at the stadium (San Mamés) and / or to the official peña's.

Many other Athletic fans just went to the stadium and bought tickets at the gates at the matchday, they, including myself, were sitting in the official Valldolid stand, but there were no troubles at all. Also all fans, including the ones in the Valladolid stands, were wearing Athletic's colours :)proud:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts