Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barthez in goal or Carroll , doesn´t make a difference. :yuck:
The last one who could be called "goalkeeper" was Schmeichel.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
don't forget Raymond van der Gouw :nono: :D

but keep your filthy hands off our Robbo :fero: he ain't coming :stuckup:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I don't blame carroll for last night's goal, however it does highlight the requirement for a world class goal keeper if our aspiration remain to win the CL again.

It's no coincidence the last time we won the treble we had a world beating goal keeper in Schmeichel.

I believe we need a GK, a DC to replace Silvestre (who is a liability) and a Keane replacement.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Simba said:
I believe we need a GK, a DC to replace Silvestre (who is a liability) and a Keane replacement.
Someone to rotate with Giggs would be a good idea aswell (Downing) imo

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Giggs isn't as urgent as Keane, and Ronaldo can play on the left also.

We're not going to have huge amounts to spend in the summer, so priorities are top of the list :(

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Get Palop if you don't want to spend. I've said it before. If you want to spend big then Frey or Hildebrand if you can get them as the first one is being chased by three clubs while Bayern won't let Hildebrand leave Germany that easily as they need a Kahn replacement.

World class teams are always built from the back & not from the front. ;) Just look at the '99 side and you will realize it.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I agree with Delpi we need a world class goalie and the last "goalie" we had was Schmeichel. Without a world class goalie, we wont win the CL. In the summer, a replacement for Keane and a world class goalie should be our main priorities.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Getting Barthez actually wouldn't be a bad idea considering he is in better form than both Carrol and Howard.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
barthez is an excellent keeper guys...he just has concetration lapses!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
We should just buy Frey from Parma. The guy is great plus he wouldn't be too much as Parma needs the cash!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Replacing the huge shoes of the Great dane is no easy feat,But Carroll is awful and United need someone far better.barthez is a joke so perhaps Cudicini could be an option.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blitzkreig said:
we should have tried hildebrand this january.
I believe there is still a chance to get him. If the money is correct Stuttgart would surely think about selling him. And for Hildebrand it would be an honour to get an offer from one of the best clubs in Europe...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I thought they said Hildebrand rejected Stuttgart's last & final contract offer in January..... he signed the next one..... :(

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Cudicini is an option, if Chelsea will sell to us... and at a reasonable price!

We must produce a wonder keeper though, we will keep suffering until we get one.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zack_manutd said:
I thought they said Hildebrand rejected Stuttgart's last & final contract offer in January..... he signed the next one..... :(

Yeah, he did. First he wanted to leave, but I think he didn´t find a club who offered him a better contract. Maybe he speculated to move to a bigger club than VFB, but that didn´t happen. Bayern for example doesn´t need him NOW already .
But in spite of that new contract I think a move is still possible. Come on, how is it usually with new contracts: they only make the players more expensive. ;) I would try to get him, he is an exellent keeper.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Get frey and f them rest

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
whoever we get, we should hold on to howard.. like u mentioned before, he does have potential, so he could be a very useful sub keeper..

who would u have preferred as a sub: van der gouw or howard???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts