Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Button has got PP

With Schumacher 2nd Montoya 3rd. Big shock, still no doubt that Schumacher will win but brilliant Button :)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Very good lap by Button. BAR seems to be almost as good as Ferrari nowadays. Well done Mr. Richards.

Schumi started his lap well too but and I believe he would have been faster than Button if he hadn't done that mistake in Varianté Alta. Not an optimal balance I guess his Ferrari had.

Great Fisco was stopped by a bad unluck. :(

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Jensen Button on Pole:eek: :dazed:
Is this the begining of the end of Micheal Schumacher:undecide:

seriously though, Schumacher made a mistake on his lap, and Button probably has a lighter fuel load

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
In the last 2 GPs, Button has been carrying the most fuel of all the front runners, so I doubt he has a lighter fuel load.

The BAR look awesomely smooth over the curbs, which is where Button made most of his time. The fact it looks so easy over the curbs will make alot easier for the duration of the race, compared to Schumacher who will be having to fight the car the whole time.

Button to win it. ;)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Button had a lighter fuel load and Schumacher showed he simply made a mistake. His laps after Button went into the pits for his first stop were simply amazing. 1.20.4 in the race... wow

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Ciao tutti,

long time no see. First of all, what a boring race this was once again. :eek:

I just wonder how long can M. Shoemaker do whatever he wants? He can break the rules without any penalties. Shoemaker can shut the door as many times as he wants when someone (Montoya) tryed to pass him. If that would´ve been Montoya who shuts the door so many times, it would´ve been a penalty for him. But it was The King Michael and no one dares to do anything. Fun sport! :rolleyes:

JPM ANGRY WITH SCHU TACTICS

Juan Pablo Montoya wants Michael Schumacher penalised for his aggressive driving at Imola.

The Ferrari driver had a slow start from the grid and had Montoya crawling all over him for the first few corners of the lap.

Matters came to a head at the Tosa corner when the Williams driver was forced wide as Schumacher defended his second place.

Montoya was outraged by the German’s move and has called for him to be punished.

He said: "I will be surprised it he gets away with it.

"Michael had a poor start, he was slow, I went to pass him and he closed the door twice then came straight at me and hit me and put me on the grass.

“It is disappointing to have racing like that. He hit me on the side but there was no damage.

"I got in front of him before Tosa. He pushed me wide. I understand he has to defend his position but how far can he be allowed to do this?"

Technical director Patrick Head has indicated that the team will request a clarification of the regulations from the FIA.

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
JP never gets a penalty when he leaves no room. He only gets penalties when he punts a driver off the track. Or was he punished during Brazil01? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
If you look at the style of driving, Button comes close to MS, and with a clearly inferior car ...

This guy is going to be the champion someday.

PS: For all Montoya fans out there .. watch his constant battle with oversteer more closely :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts