Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sergio Busquets has renewed for FC Barcelona until 2013 and his buyout clause raise to 80M euros.

Busquets said that he is "very happy with the renewal, because it's a dream he had since he was a kid". He also said that "everything has been very fast. Last year, I was playing in Tercera División, the coach called me to play with the first team for the pre-season, I got minutes and I took profit of it".

He says that he won't change his attitude now and he realizes that he still has "a lot to learn from the coach and my teammates".

The President Laporta said that "Busquets became another example for the kids of the youth teams. He is a boy that comes from La Masia. He has earned his place with effort and showing a high degree of quality and talent. Besides, it also helps to reinforce the viability of the club".

-------------

Congratulations Busquets!:thumbsup:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He definitely got the football DNA of his mother, because his father was a terrible goalkeeper... damn, he was even bad at choosing the pants to wear. :D

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Hahahaha,I remember that wierd bad goalie when I started watching in 1995-96.But i still used to like that team,feel the football was a lot batter those days.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
He definitely got the football DNA of his mother, because his father was a terrible goalkeeper... damn, he was even bad at choosing the pants to wear.

[tub]9CXvVw7EFWg[/tub]

:proud:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahahaha,I remember that wierd bad goalie when I started watching in 1995-96.But i still used to like that team,feel the football was a lot batter those days.
On the other hand, I remember those 95 and 96 years (the last years of Cruyff) as full of nostalgy and sadness. It was like the decadence, the end of our most brilliant era in football, the departure of the idols of my childhood. Despite some later success with Van Gaal, I think I was only able to recover from that pain when Ronaldinho and the rest brought the nice football back to the Camp Nou. I wish this is the beginning of another era to remember, although I still see this as a kind of continuity of Rijkaard's era, although I should find a new name for it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
The official site never mentions wages for some reason.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Busquets :musik::shades:

For those whining about Busquets snr, in his defence, he was a local lad and probably cost the club nothing, unlike the other goalkeeping mostrosities we had during that period.......Hesp, Dutruel, Bonano, Enke, Rustu...... need i say more? :pp

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
On the other hand, I remember those 95 and 96 years (the last years of Cruyff) as full of nostalgy and sadness. It was like the decadence, the end of our most brilliant era in football, the departure of the idols of my childhood. Despite some later success with Van Gaal, I think I was only able to recover from that pain when Ronaldinho and the rest brought the nice football back to the Camp Nou. I wish this is the beginning of another era to remember, although I still see this as a kind of continuity of Rijkaard's era, although I should find a new name for it.
Yeah but those were golden years for me man,all the indian cricket bored me to death and i got to watch Cruyff's Barca.

The official site never mentions wages for some reason.
Yeah and if they do Busquets will screw them for screwing up his tax plans.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
We're Black Market! That's why.:D

Great news for Serg. Busquets.

He's a prototype of La Masia Player 2.0, code-name "Technical bad-ass", improved version of Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc.

And the reminiscence of the mentioned keepers tells us that VV is a monster.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Great news he is very talented player :)

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
good news, I wished it was more than 2013, still I'm sure he'll renew 2-3 years time to commite himself to Barcelona..

btw K4, you are old and lived it all, give us some breathing space, most of our memories come from videos and come clips, we don't read into news or follow internal affairs back in those days.
believe it or not, I still remember the day I followed Maradona times, then got hocked with Amor, Guardiola and Luis Enrique followed by Romario, Ronaldo "one season"..

hated the days of Dani, Gerard, Motta, Rochemback, Van Gaal and Cristenval :fero: it still give me pain and some heart attacks remembering all these days..

btw Busquest proves that crappy players get better sons, and great ones like Cruyff get crappy ones :D :pp

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
hated the days of Dani, Gerard, Motta, Rochemback, Van Gaal and Cristenval :fero: it still give me pain and some heart attacks remembering all these days..
Don't forget this though. One of the very few good memories from that era and one of the most beautiful goals I've ever seen that really defines the "Barca way" of playing football.

[tub]srui70ZzPC8[/tub]

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I remember that game, Kluivert and Rochemback scored as well I think. That goal was such a classic moment indeed, I believe it was picked in the top 10 goals of CL history...something like that, my memory is a mess.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Also the 5-1 vs Chelsea, and also the 2 La Ligas with Van Gaal. The thing is the great Barça sides are remembered by fans the world over, whether now or in 30 years time the side of Ronnie that won in Paris will be remembered as one of the great sides.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Busquets :musik::shades:

For those whining about Busquets snr, in his defence, he was a local lad and probably cost the club nothing, unlike the other goalkeeping mostrosities we had during that period.......Hesp, Dutruel, Bonano, Enke, Rustu...... need i say more? :pp
HEY take that back about Hesp!

And congrats to Sergi... I love seeing the cantera kids sign long term.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts