Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A game I never thought would happen. A league game between Burton and Derby.

Some early news, derby have sold out already our allocation and are expected to flood the home end, which is going to be hard to stop as like myself over the years a lot of derby fans have gone to Burton games and have customer numbers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Burton is a Staffordshire town that is right on the south west border of Derbyshire and has a Derby postcode. Derby is the closest city to Burton. About 11 miles away, compared to the biggest city in Staffordshire which is Stoke, which is a lot further. Burton is now the closest professional football team to Derby, but as traditionally they were non league, there is no real rivalry.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting stats so far.

derby have scored the least goals in the division (1) Burton the most (9)

Derby have conceded the least goals (2) burton the third most (9)

3 goals in our 4 games so far, 18 in Burtons. Something has to give. Hopefully another goalfeste :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
400 tickets left in the home end for Friday, 2 homes so far the attendances have been under 5000. I know Burton want a sell out.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big Derby match coming up in Burton!
Yeah, it's an interesting one. Seems to be some animosity growing in some quarters. I find it weird seeing Burton as a rival.

·
Registered
166 Posts
400 tickets left in the home end for Friday, 2 homes so far the attendances have been under 5000. I know Burton want a sell out.
Looks like apart from when they play us, and maybe Villa, Newcastle, Forest they are going to struggle to get 5000 in the ground. Which is a bit of a shame for them, but there's generations of people supporting other clubs, especially derby. So even with the clubs success they are struggling to get the fans in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Big Derby match coming up in Burton!
Yeah, it's an interesting one. Seems to be some animosity growing in some quarters. I find it weird seeing Burton as a rival.
Big effort from their fans to stoke a bit of rivalry I think. I don't think they will be around this level long enough to make a serious rivalry emerge, but the goings on with radio derby broadcasting the burton v Liverpool match instead of derby v Carlisle has stoked it up a bit.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like apart from when they play us, and maybe Villa, Newcastle, Forest they are going to struggle to get 5000 in the ground. Which is a bit of a shame for them, but there's generations of people supporting other clubs, especially derby. So even with the clubs success they are struggling to get the fans in.
Yeah think your right there, of course from the non league days that weren't so long ago when a 1000 crowd was seen as good, to get up to around 5000 is an increase 5 fold. Burton isn't a big place and with so many clubs around in all directions it's hard for them to draw in fans, without having a traditional history behind them.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Big effort from their fans to stoke a bit of rivalry I think. I don't think they will be around this level long enough to make a serious rivalry emerge, but the goings on with radio derby broadcasting the burton v Liverpool match instead of derby v Carlisle has stoked it up a bit.
Hah, read about the radio thing, it was ridiculous some of the stuff people were saying about. Owen Bradley had to close his twitter account :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matchday :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts