Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, christmas is finally over and Bundesliga is still in the winter break. To shorten the time until January 21, lets look at the Bundesliga winter transfers. There is not a lot of transfer activity so far, lets have a look at what happened in the last couple of weeks and what may happen.

Werder Bremen

Out : Angelos Charisteas, to Ajax for approx. 5 Mio €

In : -
Werder is looking for a Charisteas replacement, according to newspapers they are after Monao's Shabani Nonda.

Bayern Muenchen

Out : -
Piotr Trochowski will leave the club in the winter break, it is still uncertain if he will be transfered to Hamburg or Stuttgart.

Bayer Leverkusen

Out : Teddy Lucic, to Bollklubben Häcken in Sweden
Hanno Balitsch is close to be transfered to Nuernberg, Radoslav Kaluzny may leave to Mainz if the clubs can agree over a fee.

In : Landon Donovan, from San Jose Earthquakes

VfB Stuttgart

Hakan Yakin should leave the club, some teams from Switzerland and Turkey seem to be interested.

Stuttgart is battling Hamburg for Bayern's Piotr Trochowski.

VfL Bochum

Thordur Gudjonsson, Filip Tapalovic and Micky Stevic are all allowed to leave the club.

In : Fatih Akyel, from Fenerbahce

Borussia Dortmund

It is rumored that Porto is interested in Tomas Rosicky, Lars Ricken is allowed to leave the club.

In : Juan Fernandez, from River Plate, loan return

Schalke 04

Out : Joerg Boehme, to Borussia Moenchengladbach

Mimoun Azaouagh may join Schalke already in the Winter from Mainz after signing a contract for the 05/06 season. There are rumors that Schalke wants to signn Bielfeld and new german NT player Patrick Owomoyela the winter break.

Hamburg

Out : Stephan Kling, contract with Hamburg was resolved, no new team yet
Bernardo Romeo may be transfered if Hamburg gets a decent offer for him. Vyacheslav Hleb may be loaned to a Bundesliga 2 team.

Hamburg is battling Stuttgart for the signature of Bayern's attacking midfielder Piotr Trochowski.

Hansa Rostock

VfL Wolfsburg

Out : Oscar Ahumada, to River Plate, loan return

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Out : Vladimir Ivic, to AEK Athens

In : Joerg Boehme, from Schalke 04 ( free transfer)
Moenchengladbach is connected to numerous players as winter transfer targets in the media. Biggest name of all is Jens Lehmann who is only a bench-sitter for Arsenal at the moment, also Giovane Elber is rumored to join Gladbach. Other names include Wesley Sonck (Ajax) , Thomas Buffel (Feyenoord), Ronald Waterreus (Man City), Jan Polak (Slovan Liberec).

Hertha BSC

Fredy Bobic can leave Hertha if he finds a club which pays his wages

Former turkish international striker Ilhan Mansiz is training with Hertha at the moment and may join the club.

SC Freiburg

In : Otar Khizaneishvili, Dynamo Moscow

Hannover 96

It's almost sure that Clint Mathis will leave the club in the winter.

Kaiserslautern

Out : Stephan Malz, contract resolved

Kaiserslautern wants to sign a goalkeeper in the winter break since No.1 goalkeeper Tim Wiese will be out until the summer due to a knee injury.

Nuernberg

Nuernberg seems to be interested in signing Leverkusen and Bayern bench sitters Hanno Balitsch and Tobias Rau.

Arminia Bielefeld

Out : Mario Maric, to Eintracht Trier ( Bundesliga 2 )
Schalke seems to be interested in Patrick Owomoyela but a transfer in the winter seems to be quite unlikely.

Bielefeld seems to be close to sign Real Madrid B-team player Diego Leon Ayarza.

Mainz 05

Mimoun Azaouagh signed a contract with Schalke for the 05/06 season. He may be transfered already in the winter to get at least a small transfer fee.

Mainz is interested in Leverkusens Radoslav Kaluzny.

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
Good work Rothose!
Lucic, Leverkusen to Hacken :eek: thats some drop! it's not even like one of the more known Swedish clubs like AIK, IFK, Halmstad, Djurstorms or Malmo.
Doesn't seem to be major activity really, though Nonda to Werder would be interesting. I know some of the Ajax fans here would have prefered him to Charisteas and it'd be interesting to see how the pair do if Nonda indeed gets signed and if Nonda isn't injured as often seems to be the case :(

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
I dont know about this Nonda guy, he had better be good

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
W.Bremen_Yank said:
I dont know about this Nonda guy, he had better be good
Shabani Nonda was top-scorer in France 2 years ago. Unfortunately, he seems to be very injury prone, he was out almost the complete last season with a knee injury and still hasn't returned to the level he was 2 years ago.
Imho, a healthy Nonda is a better player than Charisteas. Very fast, technically skilled and deadly in front of the net, he is a player quite similar to Ailton when he is fit.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some updates ...

Here are some new transfers :

Thomas Drescher from Kaiserslautern to Burghausen ( Bundesliga 2 ) .
Mimoun Azaouagh from Mainz to Schalke.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clint Mathis from Hannover 96 to Salt Lake City (MLS) .

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bernd Thijs from Tabzonspor to Moenchengladbach

Radoslav Kaluzny from Bayer Leverkusen to Rot Weiss Essen ( Bundesliga 2).

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
anything on Bajramovic, i think HSV is still interested.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VELEZ1922 said:
anything on Bajramovic, i think HSV is still interested.
Bajramovic won't be transferred in the winter break. He was out for almost the complete 1st half of the season due to an injury and is still recovering. Most clubs which are interested in him will look and wait if he can regain the form he had about 1,5 years ago.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
new transfers ...

Piotr Trochowski from FC Bayern to SV Hamburg

Jürgen Macho from Rapid Vienna to Kaiserslautern

Christian Timm from Kaiserlautern to Greuther Fürth (Bundesliga 2)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Rosthose, is Trochwoski a permanent transfer or just a loan? If so, for how long, 2 y like Bayern did with Stuttgart for Lahm?

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Psycho said:
Rosthose, is Trochwoski a permanent transfer or just a loan? If so, for how long, 2 y like Bayern did with Stuttgart for Lahm?
We bought him for about 900 k - 1 Mio €. His contract is running until 2009.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I heard Kaiserslautern signed goalkeeper Macho from Rapid Wien

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Rothose said:
Jürgen Macho from Rapid Vienna to Kaiserslautern

cimbomdeniz said:
I heard Kaiserslautern signed goalkeeper Macho from Rapid Wien
;)

Seems u heard it correctly

Trochowski for about 1 Mio or even less sounds like a good deal. If he is just half the talent Bayern fans wanted to make me believe, a very good deal indeed, though I have watched him playing for 90 mins just once in a international U20 match vs Italy where the whole team including him were owned by the azzurri.

I wonder what went wrong with Stuttgart and Bayern. Hoeneß claimed that they were suddenly offering 500,000 less than they arranged at the beginning. Considering the total ammount of the transfer fee (around 1 Mio), it would be indeed quite an insult towards Bayern.

However, I never have believed Hoeneß anyway, even when he said the truth (like Daum taking coke ;) )

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chivu said:
Surprise move for Bayern. Liza returns to them for the rest of the season.
Bayern has big problems on their left side, but this transfer is indeed a big surprise.
It now became public that Bayern offered Stuttgart to swap Trochowski and Lahm after they refused to pay the sum Bayern was asking for Trochowski. It seems that Bayern was really desperate in their search for a new left defender, but now everything seems to be fine with Liza....

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
new transfers..

Hanno Balitsch from Bayer Leverkusen to Mainz 05
Michael Thurk from Energie Cottbus (Bundesliga 2) to Mainz 05

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Excellent choice by Trochowski. The guy is much to talented to sit on the bench. At least at HSV he will (hopefully) get some playing-time.
I've seen him in 3 games about 2 years-ago on the European championship for -19's and ever since I've been really impressed by him. In all 3 games he was by far the best player on the field.

He has like anything you can expect from a modern-day playmaker. Hopefully he can breakthrough. :)

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kampfschwein said:
Excellent choice by Trochowski. The guy is much to talented to sit on the bench. At least at HSV he will (hopefully) get some playing-time.
I've seen him in 3 games about 2 years-ago on the European championship for -19's and ever since I've been really impressed by him. In all 3 games he was by far the best player on the field.

He has like anything you can expect from a modern-day playmaker. Hopefully he can breakthrough. :)
I hope for a Trochowski-breakthrough, too, But i have some doubts, too many young players failed in Hamburg, esp. those players who like Trochowski played for St. Pauli in the past...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts